Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    I don’t think that Dr. Wesley is even going for regeneration. It was just brought up a couple of times and I think he said that it might be possible with the help of ACell or by just leaving some of the follicle left behind after extraction. I don’t think that is his main focus, just internet gossip and theory. Anyone who thinks that today's hair transplants are anything more than moving hair from one place to another is just misinformed and overly hopeful.

word. Wesley was doing trials for Acell for the regeneration so this news is very disappointing for me, i was hoping to get multiple transplants. Do you think I should go with FUE? It would be a lot cheaper than just a procedure which only advantage is scarless?

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    word. Wesley was doing trials for Acell for the regeneration so this news is very disappointing for me, i was hoping to get multiple transplants. Do you think I should go with FUE? It would be a lot cheaper than just a procedure which only advantage is scarless?
    If the figures in Dr. Wesley's presentation turns out to be accurate (i.e. representative of the final procedure) then it's not just scarless. You'll also have lower transection rates, higher yields, and quicker regrowth.

Now, is that worth some indefinite amount of waiting? That's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    If the figures in Dr. Wesley's presentation turns out to be accurate (i.e. representative of the final procedure) then it's not just scarless. You'll also have lower transection rates, higher yields, and quicker regrowth.

Now, is that worth some indefinite amount of waiting? That's your call.
    "I'll be a NW7 in my 20s if I stop my fin. it's in my family line... I'm never going to be off fin, even though the sides have affected my horribly. I think I could go with either, I'm just praying that piloscopy could turn back a NW 7 > 1 even though that won't be possible :'(

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hey guys. I know some people hate on Rassman but I've been reading his blog, as I have these forums for many a year. And unlike the other docs who harp on about Acell like its a miracle (miracle money makey) it turns out that its a dud.

DO NOT TRUST THE HYPE- I TRIED ACELL WITH COOLEY. IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING SPECIAL.

http://baldingblog.com/2014/07/02/acell-update-for-nhi/
    ACell really isn't a money maker. Doctor's cost for ACell is high and it's usually marked up a little to cover the RN's time and the associated medical supplies. We use it because we figured out how to make it work and it is of benefit to our patients. The real miracle lies in the potential of regenerative medicine and ACell is only a first step related to hair restoration surgery. Regenerative medicine is a reality although some still believe it's fantasy. I don't know what kind of a "miracle" you were expecting when Dr. Cooley used ACell during your hair transplant surgery. ACell mainly benefits a patient's donor area. We often have a difficult time locating our patient's donor extraction sites when ACell is used with strong lighting and magnification. Without the help of mirrors, we can't see our own donor areas well, unless we're talking about rarely used arm or leg hair taken from above the knee cap. If Dr. Cooley used your scalp donor hair, there is no way you could personally evaluate the benefit without accurate, aligned shaved down before and after photos. Related to hair transplant surgery, ACell's effectiveness depends upon minimal depth extraction and we have found that ACell is far less effective when ACell powder is packed in the extraction sites without being mixed with hyaluronic acid to form a gel.

I believe Dr. Nigam is the only doctor claiming the "miracle" of 100% follicle regeneration. That would be a true miracle if that were reality. Dr. Cole believes a new product called AmnioFix will take the place of ACell and PRP.

I remember a few years back during my daughter's cross country signup, I got into a conversation with another father. He went off into his belief that on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong didn't really step on the moon. He believed the moon landing was a hoax and was shot in a studio.

People are free to believe what they want to believe. ACell reminds me a bit of the moon landing. It's both a miracle and one small step.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    ACell really isn't a money maker. Doctor's cost for ACell is high and it's usually marked up a little to cover the RN's time and the associated medical supplies. We use it because we figured out how to make it work and it is of benefit to our patients. The real miracle lies in the potential of regenerative medicine and ACell is only a first step related to hair restoration surgery. Regenerative medicine is a reality although some still believe it's fantasy. I don't know what kind of a "miracle" you were expecting when Dr. Cooley used ACell during your hair transplant surgery. ACell mainly benefits a patient's donor area. We often have a difficult time locating our patient's donor extraction sites when ACell is used with strong lighting and magnification. Without the help of mirrors, we can't see our own donor areas well, unless we're talking about rarely used arm or leg hair taken from above the knee cap. If Dr. Cooley used your scalp donor hair, there is no way you could personally evaluate the benefit without accurate, aligned shaved down before and after photos. Related to hair transplant surgery, ACell's effectiveness depends upon minimal depth extraction and we have found that ACell is far less effective when ACell powder is packed in the extraction sites without being mixed with hyaluronic acid to form a gel.

I believe Dr. Nigam is the only doctor claiming the "miracle" of 100% follicle regeneration. That would be a true miracle if that were reality. Dr. Cole believes a new product called AmnioFix will take the place of ACell and PRP.

I remember a few years back during my daughter's cross country signup, I got into a conversation with another father. He went off into his belief that on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong didn't really step on the moon. He believed the moon landing was a hoax and was shot in a studio.

People are free to believe what they want to believe. ACell reminds me a bit of the moon landing. It's both a miracle and one small step.

Show us the evidence.

35yrsafter, I kinda liked you but remarks like this really make my stomach turn:
    WTF!!! You're comparing questioning the moon landing with questioning HF regeneration ? After those literally tons of snake oil salesmen we've seen ? You dare to make such nonsense comparison ? Really ??? Anyone with any brain should know by know that any new therapy has 99.9% chance of being snake oil. So if a doctor has something that works, he'd better provide some damn good proof !

I had some faith in Dr Cole until he started claiming he saw new follicles produce hair and pierce the skin within 1 month. That's just total nonsense of course and 100% impossible. Even an *existing* follicle would have a difficult time doing that.

You guys are entering Dr Nigam territory officially now. Also known as fairytale land. Home of the scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Show us the evidence.
    Why? We don't make ACell. ACell was cleared for sale by the FDA and their marketing was approved (verb not noun) by the FDA that enables them to sell their products with the claim of having regenerative and remodeling properties. If you think these claims are false, ACell has a phone number on their website where you can call and complain.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 07-09-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    35yrsafter, I kinda liked you but remarks like this really make my stomach turn:

WTF!!! You're comparing questioning the moon landing with questioning HF regeneration ? After those literally tons of snake oil salesmen we've seen ? You dare to make such nonsense comparison ? Really ??? Anyone with any brain should know by know that any new therapy has 99.9% chance of being snake oil. So if a doctor has something that works, he'd better provide some damn good proof !

I had some faith in Dr Cole until he started claiming he saw new follicles produce hair and pierce the skin within 1 month. That's just total nonsense of course and 100% impossible. Even an *existing* follicle would have a difficult time doing that.

You guys are entering Dr Nigam territory officially now. Also known as fairytale land. Home of the scammers.
    Dr. Cole's practice is moving away from ACell and PRP to AmnioFix. Do you think I care at all whether or not you think ACell lives up to its marketing claims? I have seen proof with my own eyes. It's one thing to be skeptical but cynicism is an entirely different thing. So you think the FDA allows ACell to sell their products claiming they have regenerative and remodeling properties when in reality they don't? Right! Or do you believe that products like ACell will eventually be able to regenerate everything in the human body with the exception of hair? Talk about nonsense.

Why? We don't make ACell. ACell was cleared for sale by the FDA and their marketing was approved (verb not noun) by the FDA that enables them to sell their products with the claim of having regenerative and remodeling properties. If you think these claims are false, ACell has a phone number on their website where you can call and complain.

Well acell has to be something if Wesley used it. Maybe he uses it diffidently than cole through piloscopy. When the results of regen are shown, we shall truly expose the scammers... Fingers crossed that there arnt any in the end, though.

Why?!

Because you've made claims of regeneration without backing it up with evidence. I'll say it again:

If you want us to believe ACELL is capable of regenerating follicles, SHOW US the evidence that this happens.