+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 35 & it's time.

Default 35 & it's time.

I've noticed that my hairline started receding in my early twenties. Most people told me I was forming an adult hairline, so I didn't worry about it because it wasn't that big of a deal. By my late twenties, it was getting apparent to me and those around me that I could only have certain hair styles. I've lived with that for awhile now, but it's getting so that my receding hairline is obvious no matter what hair style I wear. I consider myself lucky to have had coverage for this long. My hair has always been fine and it seems I have my fathers hairline which has been described as a mowhawk, high temples, frontal hair in the center, and coverage on the top.

Even though this has been a sensitive topic when friends would make jokes, I tried to keep in perspective that people take little things too hard and there are worse things than losing one's hair. However, now I am single again and I think my receding hairline is effecting my self-esteem and women's reactions to me. People often mistake me for being older & although I am getting older, I don't want to be perceived as older than I am. I'm hoping to get a HT this spring and I hope I will have enough money to get enough grafts to make a noticeable change. I'm hoping to see Dr. Konior as I am impressed with his work. Initially, I planned to see Dr. Wolf because he is closer to my home (Indy), but it seems he's going to be off for a year.

Thumbs up

I don't think you can go wrong with either doctor, but don't let money be a factor when deciding how many grafts you need. If you can't afford to get the work done right, wait until you save the money. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks, I agree. Sometimes I see that guys who just want to lower their hairline to better frame their face only need about 1200 to 1500 grafts and other times it looks like they get much more. I guess it all depends on the person and the doctor.

Default Dr Wolf

Combover.....did you ever go through with this? Also, did you visit Dr Wolf?