+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mesenchelial Cells Discovery

Don't wanna get you guys too excited because experiments have only been carried out in mice, but this looks worth being noted. Any thoughts?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24961246/

I'm game. Sounds good to me.

In this study, we explored the effects of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell overexpression of Wnt1a on mouse hair follicle regeneration.
    Uh, should this worry us?

thanks for posting! I've read the study, however this isn't really new news, if we have to translate this info into human-model or chemically induced wnt activation which is shown previously.

the fact that expression or over expression of wnt-beta cetanin in some compartments of the hairfoliclem can induce anagen phase is showen in other studies, that used GSK3b inhibitors, which can overrule Dkk1 inhibitory signals, since they don't have to trigger Frizzled, and lrp 5/6 receptors.

there are also gsk3b inhibitors, which you can get ovr the counter, like Lithium, which can do the same, inducing lef-1 and ALP, in vivo and vitro.

other powerful inhibitor is FDA approved compound is: Sodium valproate /valproic acid (VPA). there is a human trial conducted, which showed positive effect which show some positive effect in humans.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klnqvyzqwn...0in%20male.pdf

mesenchymal(you spelled it wring check your study) stem cells also exist in your fat tissue and are done today in 3 clinics.I had a thread about culturing them and injecting the growth factors. fat stem cells are getting stronger and stronger every day as a hairloss treatment. can we get spencer to interview one of the clinics ? they are even conducting human trials. we also can get injected for 2500$ in boston (2500 is really too much for a simple lipo suction and injection)
    here is the link
    http://www.stemcellrevolution.com/cu...r-restoration/

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    thanks for posting! I've read the study, however this isn't really new news, if we have to translate this info into human-model or chemically induced wnt activation which is shown previously.

the fact that expression or over expression of wnt-beta cetanin in some compartments of the hairfoliclem can induce anagen phase is showen in other studies, that used GSK3b inhibitors, which can overrule Dkk1 inhibitory signals, since they don't have to trigger Frizzled, and lrp 5/6 receptors.

there are also gsk3b inhibitors, which you can get ovr the counter, like Lithium, which can do the same, inducing lef-1 and ALP, in vivo and vitro.

other powerful inhibitor is FDA approved compound is: Sodium valproate /valproic acid (VPA). there is a human trial conducted, which showed positive effect which show some positive effect in humans.

Boldy, great additional study and explanation, thanks for posting! Interesting about Lithium. Wasn't Follica using Lithium to trigger regrowth in some of their wounding studies?

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    mesenchymal(you spelled it wring check your study) stem cells also exist in your fat tissue and are done today in 3 clinics.I had a thread about culturing them and injecting the growth factors. fat stem cells are getting stronger and stronger every day as a hairloss treatment. can we get spencer to interview one of the clinics ? they are even conducting human trials. we also can get injected for 2500$ in boston (2500 is really too much for a simple lipo suction and injection)
    here is the link
    http://www.stemcellrevolution.com/cu...r-restoration/

Who is conducting clinical trials? I haven't seen news on fat cell clinical trials for hair loss.

$2,500 is way too much for a simple liposuction and cell transfer back into the skin. Ridiculous. They know people want hair so they're overcharging.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post

Boldy, are you of any other recent studies in humans that showed regrowth?

Also, what do you think the most promising directions for future research will be?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Who is conducting clinical trials? I haven't seen news on fat cell clinical trials for hair loss.
    go to the bottom of the page in the link I posted.and dude the news doesn't cover everything and what is covered is usually sergeons trying to advertise , heck they even put micropegmentation as a cure. have you seen cb ru or histogen on a news channel ? we all know about them because people brought to the forum. you know that if the treatment in boston is like under 1000$ i would do it multiple time and I am sure it will work because there is too much science to back this up. the papaer that started this thread here actually makes me really optimistic because it shows that it works (yes in mice but we have lots of papers talk about fat stem cells and cultured growth factors on human) and it is autologus like prp and if it needs fda approval for any use like say wound healing it will be automatically approved for hair I guess like Acell.