+ Reply to Thread

Default My Finasteride Dilemma

Hey Guys,

Not too sure what I'm looking for out of this, maybe just a chance to get some stuff off my chest as there's nobody in my life who I'm comfortable talking to about this stuff. Any advice is always appreciated though.

Basically I started to notice recession and thinning at about 21 and when I was 22 I finally decided to get on Finasertide. At first there was a reduction in my libido but after a while it returned to pretty much normal. After a while on the drug I started to notice my semen was much more watery, that was a bit annoying but not a huge deal to me. Hair loss definitely slowed down and I was starting to think I'd definitely have a good amount of hair into my 30's. I was pretty happy.

This is the part where it gets weird:

I'm almost 26 now and the veins in my penis have gradually started to get much more visible. I didn't even really notice for the first two years but it has gotten so much more pronounced that I no longer feel comfortable with a girl even seeing it. It's really covered with dark blue ones and a ton of smaller red ones as well where before none were visible. That doesn't seem to be a common side effect but I've come across a couple forum posts mentioning it.

I asked my doctor and he sort of just brushed it off (he never saw it erect though which is 100x worse).

Now I can't decide what to do, I really don't want to give up on the fin but obviously this is a huge problem for a single young man.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out.

Just when I thought I'd heard it all...another fin side.

I'm sure its not that bad, or you may be imagining it. It would suggest INCREASED bloodflow, which fin would not be responsible for- it would be responsible for the opposite if anything. I reckon chicks dig a veiny shaft! They like veiny forearms, apparently. It shows virility- probably

Shoot man...I hope everything works out for you. I've never actually read too much into the horror stories for personal reasons, but this sounds insane. I wish no one got side effects! Honestly though, I'd call it quits if it's something you're genuinely worried about. Don't let your hair destroy your life. Or maybe it'll pass after some time, but the way you make it sound I wouldn't risk it. Either way best of luck my man. I seriously wish no man would have to go through these side effects. I mean jeez, we can build a damn space ship to go to space, yet we can't come up with a cure for baldnes....blows my mind. Sorry I'm going on a rant...haha.

Yeah, except you haven't been on the drug long enough to know of all of these problems. Just wait, you will get something. Impaired memory, less happy more depressed, thin skin, weaker erections, less drive. It happens to many of us. Not just a few. It took me 8.5 years to notice I started getting gyno and then quit. It took another 2.5 years for me to not even consider taking this poison again. It's a fast killer for some, and a slow killer for others. The minority of men are lucky and never experience anything bad on it. And for me it wasn't really till quitting that it had a much bigger effect on me. I literally felt like I had no ambition or drive for a good 1.5 years after quitting. I'm just now starting to actually feel alive again. I don't even care that I'm going bald. I'm kind of excited to join the bald community and take note of the areas that are thinning.

I also won't give rogaine the time of day. It makes my chest hurt when I work out, makes my blood pressure unnaturally low causing a state of dizziness and confusion, and wasn't really working that great to begin with. Now it's just the #2 buzzer and peacefully watching my golden hair disappear from the top of my head.

Hey what's up diffuser. Guess you decided to finally put the idea of taking finasteride to rest. The last time I heard from you, you were considering giving it another shot. If it is not worth the risk for you then you shouldn't take it. You made a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Hey what's up diffuser. Guess you decided to finally put the idea of taking finasteride to rest. The last time I heard from you, you were considering giving it another shot. If it is not worth the risk for you then you shouldn't take it. You made a good decision.
    Hey notcool. I'm completely banned from ************. Chris the admin there was a jerk. I'm hardly what you would call a troll.

Yeah I won't be going on finasteride anymore
    I'm just not really concerned with hair loss anymore. It's a part of life. If anyone wants to rank themselves higher because they have more hair that's there own flaw. I've always had a problem with people treating me like I'm younger and at least the balding makes me look more mature and therefore I'm treated more like an adult. Plus no more stupid
    Hairdos. With how short you keep your hair and with how old you are I'm surprised you care about your hair so much. Then again you read hair loss talk posts so I can see why you do care. Being banned from that site is the best thing that ever happened to me.