Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Gho's files patent for Hair multiplication

"In a parallel experiment, the same experimental procedure was repeated, except that the 10 plucked hairs were incised 7 times along their longitudinal axis. The 10 hairs were then subsequently implanted in a recipient area of said subject. It was found that about 7-10 new hairs were generated per implanted plucked and incised hair. It was also found that at the donor area from which the hairs were plucked, new hairs grew."

Not sure what to think of this. In theory it should be possible to do this under a microscope, just like Aaron Gardner stated. But 7-10 hairs from just 1 hair ? That sounds quite steep. But maybe it's possible ?
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

"hair follicular stem ceils"

LOL he writes 'cells' as 'ceils' numerous time. Such a typo in a patent, doesnt make it all too credible.

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Anyway, we know it's in theory possible to make 2 hairs out of 1 hair by dissecting the graft under a microscope, problem remains that according to Gardner this takes about 3-5 minutes per follicle. And another problem is Gho is a huge liar so we won't know if he made all this up or not.

Comment

• joachim
        • May 2014

just found the news on HS too, and wanted to tell you, when i realized you created a new thread already. always 3 steps ahead =)

i also don't know what to think of this. and i don't how to interprete this. does it really mean, 7 out of one hair? that would be crazy... crazy fantastic. so it's another in vitro doubling or multiplying process. with this method however, he is not able to cheat us. it whether works or not. no chance for graft splitting. i'm highly interested in this. we need to find out more about it. and if it's a scam again then we should debunk it a.s.a.p.

if it turns out that he is serious about that method then he finally will be honored as hairloss god for a reason. if it's fraud again, then it's time to be jailed =)

Comment

• Arashi
          • Aug 2012

Well it sounds too good to be true. I mean splitting the stem cells of a graft under a microscope and creating 2 grafts that way, that should be possible. But 7 ? And even weirder: he says that at the plucked location hair grew back too!!

It was found that about 7-10 new hairs were generated per implanted plucked and incised hair. It was also found that at the donor area from which the hairs were plucked, new hairs grew.
          That sounds impossible. Combine that with the fact that his whole previous patent was full of nonsense and I'm not getting too excited yet .. Who knows, but it sounds very Nigam V2 to me.

Comment

• joachim
            • May 2014

yes that's fishy...
            i only find the idea interesting to coat the incised hairs to create some kind of protection and ability for the hair to repair itself.
            but regrowing hair in the donor has nothing to do with it. also i wonder if gho stole the in vitro idea from nigam and just felt the need to create a patent for it even if it doesn't work =) they should team up and form a joint venture... "gho-gam good health clinic" =)

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH THIS IS HILARIOUS...

Gho is now going to claim he can create 7 hairs from one...but he still won't be able to provide a picture of a nw7-1 transformation...lollll

Comment

• JJJJrS
                • Apr 2012

Strange development. It's one thing to claim you can double hair and provide no evidence but to claim you can multiply hair by a factor of 10, that's a whole new level. I don't know if he's going full-Nigam with the outrageous claims but it won't be easy to bs such a bold claim.

Somehow I doubt Gho is going to be offering such a procedure in his clinic, especially when their HST procedure, which would be "simple" doubling by comparison, is so unrefined. My guess is that he's going to use this for marketing and maybe patent trolling when a procedure like this becomes feasible in the future.

Either way, the patent doesn't really mean anything. If Gho wants to prove this works, a very simple 1-10 graft test would suffice. It would be almost impossible to fake, unlike a potential doubling procedure, where you could hypothetically just split hair units up.

Comment

• ss1980
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by JJJJrS
                  Strange development. It's one thing to claim you can double hair and provide no evidence but to claim you can multiply hair by a factor of 10, that's a whole new level. I don't know if he's going full-Nigam with the outrageous claims but it won't be easy to bs such a bold claim.

Somehow I doubt Gho is going to be offering such a procedure in his clinic, especially when their HST procedure, which would be "simple" doubling by comparison, is so unrefined. My guess is that he's going to use this for marketing and maybe patent trolling when a procedure like this becomes feasible in the future.

Either way, the patent doesn't really mean anything. If Gho wants to prove this works, a very simple 1-10 graft test would suffice. It would be almost impossible to fake, unlike a potential doubling procedure, where you could hypothetically just split hair units up.

When you submit/register patent you must demonstrate it is working before it is accepted,no?
                  Whats timeframe for this new technique?

I dont know what to think about this as dr gho has been deceiving patients with his claims for way too long

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ss1980
                    When you submit/register patent you must demonstrate it is working before it is accepted,no?
                    LOL, no, you can file and get a patent on how to build a device with which you can jump to the moon They're not going to check if it actually works.

Comment

• rhysmorgan
                      • Jan 2014

Very interesting post Arash, thanks for this.

For me, assuming Gho is being honest is this:

"In addition, the methods of the present invention offers other great advantages over the existing hair multiplication methods, including greater hair density per transplant unit as well as improved aesthetic results, i.e. the achievement of more realistic and natural looking results. This is achievable because the methods of the present invention not only provides greater hair density per hair implant in the recipient area (e.g. scalp) but also allow the natural regrowth of the plucked hair in the donor area, which guarantees no hair density loss in the donor region of a subject. Furthermore, because the perforations (i.e. punctures made by the plucking and implanting needle) made to harvest and implant donor hairs are very small (pore size <1 mm), both harvest and implant locations are undistinguishable from the surrounding (unprocessed) areas. As a result, hair grafts can be placed much more tightly together, in a manner that mimic natural hair arrangement, so as to avoid undesirable (unnatural looking) effects such as "bunching effects".

This essentially would revolutionise hair transplantation IF it can be implemented as stated, and IF it is as effective as stated. It would be both scarless, not affect the donor area and also be much more efficacious.

It's hard to believe this as it sounds like a panacea.

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JJJJrS
                        My guess is that he's going to use this for marketing and maybe patent trolling when a procedure like this becomes feasible in the future.
                        Agreed, at this point I think he's just using it for marketing and wont offer it to clients (for the obvious reason that it's quite difficult to fake and I'm leaning huge to the possibility that he's just bluffing, as usual)

Comment

• JJJJrS
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
                          Agreed, at this point I think he's just using it for marketing and wont offer it to clients (for the obvious reason that it's quite difficult to fake and I'm leaning huge to the possibility that he's just bluffing, as usual)
                          It's a big stretch isn't it? He's claiming a multiplication rate of 10x when we know for a typical HST procedure, HASCI isn't even getting close to 2x. So naturally, I'm very, very skeptical of a claim like that.

Everybody knows that the best way to prove a procedure like this works is to demonstrate it. It wouldn't be hard at all to extract a hair, split it up 10 times, and keep track of the implanted hairs and the extraction point. The fact that we yet again fail to see any evidence tells me a lot.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what becomes of all this. I don't think he'll be able to dance around it like he's done with HST.

Comment

• ss1980
                            • Apr 2011

..."offers other great advantages over the existing hair multiplication methods"

What other hair multiplication methods, this falsly implies that there are other multiplication methods on the market but his new techniqie is much betta

Anybody contacted them to find out pricing for this revolutionary hm?
                            Sounds like gho figured it out

Comment

• LMS
                              • Dec 2012

Just incase anyone browsing this thread isn't aware. I think pretty much everyone here is being sarcastic. Gho has repeatedly refused efforts to verify any of his extravagant claims.

Comment

Working...