+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

BTW, just for our entertainment, this is what your hero, dr Woods (BTW also my hero, without him we might still be having FUT as our best option, we need more innovative researchers like him) said about dr Gho:

So , I went online, found the journal, amongst the plethora of other online “journals”, Paid $86.00 US and read it

And it was worth every cent. I have not been so entertained since Dr Jones publicly stated he was “ removing the spiral apocrine glands from armpit hair with a pair of tweezers”….no no, its the guy who is running a multi spiked roller over your head , and then drenching it in your own plasma…etc etc.

But the tragedy is, there are desperate guys who want to believe, there are operators who will sell anything to the desperate…and there is nothing funny about that
    But the fact that a tiny percentage of hair will regenerate is fascinating to academic scientists working in the most acclaimed multidisciplined reputable institutions in the world working with multimillion dollar annual budgets…AND they still can’t crack it

But Dr Gho has. By simply coring out a follicle, with 2 power magnification, he is claiming to do what no other scientist on earth can achieve.
    He is turning one into two. But it gets more impressive. This then becomes an ENDLESS supply

I paid $86 bucks to read this. It is long , convoluted and denched with scientific jargon and tables. But here is a summary.
    Now remember, Gho has been claiming he has been doing this for several years.

“this technique enables us to generate 2 hair follicles from 1, with CONSISTENT RESULTS and preserve the donor area “

“95.9% of implanted hair survived ….AND 97.7% of removed donor hair had COMPLETE REGENERATION..

The study had 5 PATIENTS…it was for 12 months, and approx 800 hair was transplanted.

And how many hair did they show regrow from the approx 800 transplanted with a STATED 95.9% survival…ONE. You read correctly. One shaft. I repeat . ONE HAIR.

They could only show ONE hair after 12 months. But wait, they did state most will grow out in 5 to 8 months. And word is they have been doing this technique for years !!

And finally, the conclusion.

“the weakness of the study is the limited number of patients……therefore a larger group of patients is necessary to study the REAL CLINICAL RELEVENCE of this technique “

What Dr Gho says in this “peer reviewed journal” is diametrically opposed and contrary to everything I have observed seen and studied over the past 20 years, and I am not alone.

Every guy who suffered permanent scalp shock and trauma simply because techs jabbed incisions too close to pre existing hair knows that this study is flawed

To anyone seriously contemplating this treatment, please take this advice

Pay $86 bucks, get the paper, and spend a long consultation with a credible non aligned, independent dermatologist to review this for you. It may be a good investment

Dr Ray Woods

BTW, you can even keep that $86 in your own pocket, hasci posted the whole thing on their own website: http://www.hasci.com/uploads/files/N..._treatment.pdf

So, show that to your employer, Dr Cole, tell him to repeat exactly what Dr Gho describes there, show him the ingredient of Gho's "magic elixer" that I posted 2 pages back et voila, you will be able to sell therapies with 85% regrowth to patients ! Now who wouldnt want THAT ? And maybe your clients will also be interested in a Laser Helmet, a Pilogics device, adipose derived stem cell extract, meditation tapes for hairgrowth, taroth cards for hair growth and other stuff. Tons of goodies to sell man !!

And I said a few pages back that I yet have to see a bad result from HASCI, but I just saw one. This guy posted his photo on the Dutch forums, he got treated by HASCI a few years ago, this is his final results: http://oi60.tinypic.com/fnv6tf.jpg

In fact, one of the worst results I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    And I said a few pages back that I yet have to see a bad result from HASCI, but I just saw one. This guy posted his photo on the Dutch forums, he got treated by HASCI a few years ago, this is his final results: http://oi60.tinypic.com/fnv6tf.jpg

In fact, one of the worst results I've ever seen.
    Ooh that looks nasty. Looks like he may have lost more of his native hair since having his HST, especially seeing as it was a few years ago.

It reminds me of Wayne Rooney, he is basically chasing his hair loss, I'm pretty sure he's had a couple of transplants now. His seems to be getting worse towards the crown of late.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    It reminds me of Wayne Rooney, he is basically chasing his hair loss, I'm pretty sure he's had a couple of transplants now. His seems to be getting worse towards the crown of late.

Hey gaz,

I was thinking: as a particular and frequent patient at hasci, do you think you might go for a franc, sincere discussion with them "live" about all the controverse and the 85% regeneration?

Maybe they will consider it differently coming from such a nice guy and patient?

I was wondering... I know we will keep on following you, but you seem to have a very balanced temper and cool, laid back personnality... don't you think with all the money you already invested there + the trust, you could get to arrive to the point of some real talk there?

To be honest, no!

It's not something I would be comfortable doing whilst they are operating on my head

Maybe if the right time came along, I suppose I could ask them, but what would they possibly say other than yes we can get 85% regeneration, they are not suddenly going to begin spilling any hidden secrets to me.

I remember last year, I was talking with Deborah and I asked her if she can deliberately thin out the area around my scar to make it look more gradual and less of a contrast from slick scar to thick hair.

She said: "I can try, but you know 85% is going to regrow back no matter what I do".

I laughed to myself and just said ok, well 15% less around that section is better than nothing.

This is the point I was making a few days, I honestly believe most of the people at Hasci genuinely think they are getting 85% regen.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    I honestly believe most of the people at Hasci genuinely think they are getting 85% regen.
    I doubt that. The people working there are not stupid, especially the doctors, they went to university. If a client asks you if he can get a full head of hair again and you tell him he cant and he asks you 'why then, if 85% regen really happens I should be able to get my hair back', then what do you reply ? At some point you must start wondering things yourself, right ? You went to university, you understand math, you must start to realize, sooner or later, that it just doesnt add up.

I doubt that. The people working there are not stupid, especially the doctors, they went to university. If a client asks you if he can get a full head of hair again and you tell him he cant and he asks you 'why then, if 85% regen really happens I should be able to get my hair back', then what do you reply ? At some point you must start wondering things yourself, right ? You went to university, you understand math, you must start to realize, sooner or later, that it just doesnt add up.
    I'm assuming you've asked them that very question, so what was their answer?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

BTW, you can even keep that $86 in your own pocket, hasci posted the whole thing on their own website: http://www.hasci.com/uploads/files/N..._treatment.pdf

So, show that to your employer, Dr Cole, tell him to repeat exactly what Dr Gho describes there, show him the ingredient of Gho's "magic elixer" that I posted 2 pages back et voila, you will be able to sell therapies with 85% regrowth to patients ! Now who wouldnt want THAT ? And maybe your clients will also be interested in a Laser Helmet, a Pilogics device, adipose derived stem cell extract, meditation tapes for hairgrowth, taroth cards for hair growth and other stuff. Tons of goodies to sell man !!
    PRP from a patient's own blood IS legal in the US. and is effective to varying degrees in increasing hair shaft diameter of miniaturizing hairs. Are you implying that Gho soaks follicles in blood other than a patient's own?

I'm attempting to have an honest discussion. I have never seen a Gho patient and I value your views regarding your own experience. I have been in contact with a guy via phone and email who is a Gho patient that claims Gho's treatment is legit. Of course there is the placebo effect and hair loss sufferers can be optimistic to the point of losing objectivity.

Gho has been a mystery for some time. According to member lists, he's not a member of the ISHRS or the IAHRS. A while back, Dr. Cole contacted Gho's clinic repeatedly because he was interested in his claims. Gho's office never responded. You may well be right. Then again you may be wrong or somewhere in between. Discussing this is of great value and I appreciate your reasonable arguments although I don't view all of your arguments as reasonable at all.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 07:28 PM.