X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
    And you know what, we're never going to get that 50 graft test, Hasci screwed it up, but I also believe they don't trust people from the forums. I've pretty much heard from the horses mouth that they think whatever they do they won't be believed. I don't agree with that, but hey ho.

The fact they tried to do the test initially shows they actually believe in what they are doing and wanted to prove it, I just don't think they were prepared for the level of analysis, perhaps someone at Hasci took offense to that.

I understand you want to expose frauds etc, but I think this is totally different to the Nigam saga.

What I don't agree with is saying they can get 85% regen, but you know already.
    The hair restoration industry of course has a history of deception, so I understand why people are skeptical and cynical. When I was around 27 I went to the big chair hair transplant company and agreed to their recommended course of hair restoration which included a scalp reduction and a great number of plugs. The hairline in particular stood out as unnatural. Ten years later I went back for a hairline refinement thinking surely they figured out how to place single hairs. I got more plugs on top of the old ones. I believe the doctor who did the "refinement" work advertises in the forums. As I grew older my donor thinned and the extraction sites began to show as I continued to lose more hair. Since my donor was shot, I searched the Internet to see if any doctor had ever tried using body hair for repair. FUE was ridiculed at that time because only Dr. Woods did it and there was secrecy surrounding his technique. So single hair placement, FUE and body hair have all been ridiculed. I have been the subject of body hair studies and have seen hair grow from extraction sites where ACell was applied. So giving the benefit of the doubt, Gho may be able to actually do what he claims to varying degrees. It is within the realm of possibility and reminds me of the day when plugs were used and no one bothered to try single hair placement for decades.

Chuck
    Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by Winston; 07-26-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Arashi
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
      It is within the realm of possibility and reminds me of the day when plugs were used and no one bothered to try single hair placement for decades.
      Acell has nothing to do with HST. HST is based upon the idea that if you'd split a FU, both halves would see themselves as 'damaged' and would use surrounding stem cells to 'repair' themselves et voila, 2 FU's created out of 1. This idea is not new. And it's not Gho's idea neither, it goes back way further. In fact, you're talking about Dr Woods in your last post, let me cite him cause he explained it very well:

Dr Bob Limmer was the guy who , back in the late 80s said that strips removed should be dissected into intact individual FOLLICULAR UNITS under stereoscopic control, ie magnification.

While struggling with my concept, the only doctor worth talking to was Dr Limmer. We first spoke in 1993. He thought my work was interesting , but impracticable due to the inevitable high transection rate. He thought it was of no practical significance. But I still called him from time to time to give him updates

The following year, he sent me his published paper. He implied that FUE would generate a majority of transections, and transections produce a grossly inferior yield

The idea that stem cells could make follicles magically multiply was a fascinating academic pursuit however

In his study, he took a completely bald guy, and placed transected follicles, at varying points along the follicle , into different areas.
      And he reported his results , the same as I witnessed on countless occasions

YES, transected follicles, be they lateral or partially longitudinal can regenerate a terminal hair….too bad that the yield is very very very low. In my own observations since 1993, about 5% .
      And Dr Limmer also observed that while regrowth can occur, the success rate is negligible and NOT viable .
      The same holds for partially transected hair in the donor . Regrowth varies between zero and negligible
      And later in that post he said:

What Dr Gho says in this “peer reviewed journal” is diametrically opposed and contrary to everything I have observed seen and studied over the past 20 years, and I am not alone.

Again, countless people tried it before Gho, they all failed. Then Gho publicized his 'magic success' in that Dutch peer reviewed journal (who NEVER verified the authenticity of it all, they just verified that he followed a scientific protocol, they NEVER checked the photo's, they NEVER asked for more info, so NOBODY has checked if it was true or correct, I think that's very important to realize here). He explained in that journal how he did it. Again, people tried it, EVERYBODY reported the same: it just does NOT work. It didnt 25 years ago and it doesnt now.

Comment

• cocacola
        • Feb 2013

@gc

Do you know approximately whats the area of your entire recipient?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
          He explained in that journal how he did it. Again, people tried it, EVERYBODY reported the same: it just does NOT work. It didnt 25 years ago and it doesnt now.
          proof

Who tried ghos method and found it failed? Unfortunately it's possible that the medium he keeps it in makes the difference-- which he keeps proprietary. So it makes it hard to test the validity of his claims. As the same time, it leaves the possibility of it working open. Maybe saline is why it didn't work in the past. We just don't know--- or at least I didn't think we knew. You seem to imply others have tried gho's exact protocol and failed. I would be interested in seeing the reports you mention.

Comment

• gc83uk
            • Nov 2011

@Cocacola

The original slick area was approx 100cm2 however I decided to get a few hundred placed either side the forelock too, so maybe 120cm2 in all.

@Chuck

Missed your question earlier sorry, yes I would consider beard grafts, especially in the scar area.

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
              Who tried ghos method and found it failed?
              Doctors tried it long before Dr Gho, like dr Woods stated. Dr Limmer and dr Woods probably were the first ones experimenting with this idea, back in the 90's. But others tried it, some even tried it while documenting on this forum, don't you remember that French doctor Mousseigne ? And dr Mwamba ? Even Dr Nigam tried it, he tried several methods, both in vivo and in vitro, none of his experiments were successful. He tried probably every single way: cutting in vitro (like gho does), cutting under microscope, cutting in 2, cutting small pieces, cutting horizontal, cutting vertical. All failed.

Unfortunately it's possible that the medium he keeps it in makes the difference-- which he keeps proprietary.
              He patented the medium, so all ingredients are public. One of the ingredients is human blood by the way, something Gho doesnt tell you, that he's bathing your follicles in human blood before injecting them back. That's probably the reason why his magic elixer is illegal in the states. Nothing interesting in the 'secret medium', you can look up all ingredients, dr Woods discussed this 'magic elixer'in one of his posts. There's nothing interesting there.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Again, like Dr Aaron Gardner said, the ONLY way this could work is to disect the follicle under a microscope, remove all sheaths, split the stem cells and then implant those back. This would however take 5-10 minutes PER FOLLICLE. So let's say 5-10 follicles per hour, not feasible in practice. But this could work. Just cutting a follicle in half will not work.

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

Here, I just looked it up for you:

EXCERPT
                  Suitable longitudinal partial follicular units were visually and stored in the preservative medium for 2 hours
                  until implantation. The medium is composed of the following ingredients:

- sodium chloride,
                  - potassium chloride,
                  - magnesium sulphate,
                  - sodium phosphate,
                  - calcium chloride,
                  - glucose,
                  - sodium bicarbonate,
                  - sodium lactate,
                  - sodium pyruvate,
                  - human serum albumin,
                  - insulin,
                  - bis(maltolato)oxovanadium (BMOV)
                  - and a-tocopherol (vitamin E)
                  ---------------------

Thats right. Your partially transected follicles are soaked in a BLOOD PRODUCT. I assume it is a DONATED or BOUGHT BLOOD PRODUCT from a blood bank Otherwise it would be specified as AUTOLYGOUS BLOOD PRODUCT, meaning, your own donation.

Could the authors please specify, is the HUMAN BLOOD SERUM donated or bought from a blood bank or is it AUTOLOGOUS,

Apart from the serum and insulin, I read equally complicated formulas on ENERGY DRINKS AND CUP-A-SOUP

Dr Ray Woods

Comment

• Arashi
                    • Aug 2012

BTW, maybe Dr Nigam actually DID succeed, but he just didnt realize it because he implanted all follicles upside down. LOL

Anyway, Gho publicized his method in that journal a few years ago. All ingredients of his elixer are public. So anyone interested can repeat the experiment 1:1. Wouldnt you agree that if it really worked, that somebody would have succeeded replicating his experiment and selling hair multiplication therapies by now ?

Comment

• joachim
                      • May 2014

BTW, maybe Dr Nigam actually DID succeed, but he just didnt realize it because he implanted all follicles upside down. LOL
                      looooool

Comment

• gc83uk
                        • Nov 2011

Again, like Dr Aaron Gardner said, the ONLY way this could work is to disect the follicle under a microscope, remove all sheaths, split the stem cells and then implant those back. This would however take 5-10 minutes PER FOLLICLE. So let's say 5-10 follicles per hour, not feasible in practice. But this could work. Just cutting a follicle in half will not work.
                        I'm not pretending I know so, because I don't, but is this what Hasci's patented extraction tools are attempting to do would you say? Like I've said a few times, I suspect there is some regeneration with Hasci, but it's more accidental, meaning by the law of averages, you're going to hit the sweet spot, what % of the time I obviously don't know.

Comment

• Arashi
                          • Aug 2012

I'm not pretending I know so, because I don't, but is this what Hasci's patented extraction tools are attempting to do would you say? Like I've said a few times, I suspect there is some regeneration with Hasci, but it's more accidental, meaning by the law of averages, you're going to hit the sweet spot, what % of the time I obviously don't know.
                          Dr Woods reported 0-5% regrowth, I'd say HST is in that same range, would make a LOT of sense.

Comment

• gc83uk
                            • Nov 2011

Dr Woods reported 0-5% regrowth, I'd say HST is in that same range, would make a LOT of sense.
                            Interesting!

Why isn't woods doing this now? Or is he?

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

but is this what Hasci's patented extraction tools are attempting to do would you say?
                              No. Dr Gardner explained it very well:

Because in order to split the follicle correctly it needs to be micro-dissected out of its surrounding tissues which accompany the follicle even during an FUE. This takes time ~3-5 minutes depending on the skill of the person and how "clean" the follicle was when it came out. So if you scale this up by the several thousand follicles required you end up with a very large number of man hours.

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Interesting!

Why isn't woods doing this now? Or is he?
                                Maybe he is. I know some clinics are using HASCI size drills for quite a while. They just call it FUE though, they didnt make a special name for it like Gho did.

Comment

Working...