+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    hair pushed back
    Dude seriously it's all in your head. You are not a Norwood 3. Yes it's possible you might be losing your hair or maybe it's just your hairline maturing. If you notice hairloss and want to do something about it start taking treatments, otherwise there isn't really anything else that can prevent further loss. Search up Norwood 3 and see that you come up with, and you will know you are far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    I see, so do you think I should get on propecia?
    Again, the best thing you can do is go to your family doctor or dermatologist and get your scalp examined. Or just keep your eye on things for a little while. If things progress, you could try rogaine, but honestly you won't slow or halt the progression without finasteride. It is the best treatment we currently have, period.
    There is no way to know if you will respond well to the drug. You just have to try to put all of the negative thoughts out of your mind and pop the pill. As long as you don't have any major issues, you should keep taking it every day and make a decision after 12 full months of treatment whether you want to stay on. I honestly don't think the shedding is major issue for most users. Finasteride has worked wonders for thousands of men.
    Good luck man!

Hey guys so I went to a consultation in the " belgravia centre" where I met a trichologist to examine my hair, she confirmed that I have MPB and said I am thinning in my crown too aswell as my temples, do you think they're products are a rip off? She advised me to stay off propecia but use the minoxidil they offered

i went to the Belgravia Centre when I first started noticing hairloss too. My hairline was like yours, as was the thickness at the back. They said exactly the same thing to me - that at this stage I should start using minoxidil, and maybe propecia later on.

My advice would be to steer clear of both for now.
    If you start taking Minoxidil you may have an initial shed, and will need to continue taking it permanently to keep any hair it saves.
    Likewise, propecia can induce a number of side effects.

If I were you, I would wait a few months to see if this is just a maturing hairline (very possible) and to ascertain the rate of change.
    From there, you'll be able to make an educated decision about the extent of treatment you want.

When you first become aware of it you feel that you must act immediately, but honestly you do have the time to assess the situation and make an informed choice. To take either Minoxidil or Propecia at this point would seem to me to be a huge commitment, without enough understanding of the situation.

At the very least, see a professional doctor, a trichologist or dermatologist, rather than the sales people that see patients at the Belgravia Centre.

If you want to chat, feel free to add me as a friend on here - I am 24 and also live in London

Quote Originally Posted by jaw123 View Post
    i went to the Belgravia Centre when I first started noticing hairloss too. My hairline was like yours, as was the thickness at the back. They said exactly the same thing to me - that at this stage I should start using minoxidil, and maybe propecia later on.

My advice would be to steer clear of both for now.
    If you start taking Minoxidil you may have an initial shed, and will need to continue taking it permanently to keep any hair it saves.
    Likewise, propecia can induce a number of side effects.

If I were you, I would wait a few months to see if this is just a maturing hairline (very possible) and to ascertain the rate of change.
    From there, you'll be able to make an educated decision about the extent of treatment you want.

When you first become aware of it you feel that you must act immediately, but honestly you do have the time to assess the situation and make an informed choice. To take either Minoxidil or Propecia at this point would seem to me to be a huge commitment, without enough understanding of the situation.

At the very least, see a professional doctor, a trichologist or dermatologist, rather than the sales people that see patients at the Belgravia Centre.

If you want to chat, feel free to add me as a friend on here - I am 24 and also live in London
    Thanks for the reply, I have sent you a friend request but not sure if I did it properly lol, if you don't mind me asking- how long ago did you visit them and has your hairloss progressed ? Did you end up using their medication? I do feel like my crown has thinned tbh anyways I went to my gp and got a referral to a private dermatologist. Do you have any recommendations of good derms around London area? I thought maybe belgravia exaggerate the hairloss? As they try and obviously market there products but on the other hand I wouldn't see he need for them to lie and it's just a way to comfort myself

I went there 6 years ago and I did start to use minoxidil - first theirs and now another brand.
    My hairline has barely changed in that time - still a NW1 - though I don't think that's down to the Minoxidil
    In my opinion my hairloss wasn't that aggressive, and I didn't need to have taken minoxidil so early.

I don't know any good private dermatologists in London I'm afraid - but maybe some others will!

Oh I see fair enough, I just wish we could look into the future to see how bad out hairloss will end up!

if you jumped on fin at the moment you could probably expect to hold on to your current hairline, at least for a while.

you really have no visible loss, as it really has more to do with thinning than the actual hairline placement. also, you have the right shape still.

I wouldn't worry about it any further than either a) you take fin or b) you don't take fin

Your hair still looks awesome, definitely not a Norwood 3, maybe a very good looking Norwood 2.

If you have lost hair however, you probably will lose more, so get on Finasteride. If you really want to be sure, take the same pics in 3 months and if the hair looks even a little worse, then yeah you really gotta get on it.

can anyone else give me feedback?