X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Dr. Lindsey 13 month checkup on FUE repair case in dense scar McLean VA

This nice fellow had an FUE repair of a previous machine FUE repair…which was itself an attempt to repair a hypertrophic scar from a lesion removal on his crown. Shown are intraop, one week, one month, 6 month, and 13 month pictures. I think he has grown good quality hair through out his scar tissue with the one exception of the really dense fibrotic scar tissue at the left edge. As my techs and I pointed out at his recent visit…I think that whoever is cutting his hair actually cut some of the hairs coming out of the central scar quite short. The astute observer can see lots of thick hairs coming directly out of the central scar, but they are quite short. Hairs don’t just stop growing at 2 or 3 millimeters, but rather I believe this is an errant angle of the shaver and I think he’d actually have a better cosmetic result if these central scar hairs were left the same 1-1.5 cm length that the rest of the hair in that area is.

Now its quite possible that he’ll yet grow some hair in that left sided dense scar, as we all know that grafts placed into scar can take significantly longer to grow than those placed into virgin scalp.

He lives in our area and I hope he’ll stop by again at 18 months or so.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
Working...