+ Reply to Thread

Default Does the donor section on the back of our head grow back after FUE?

I just got a 2,200 graft FUE Hair Transplant and it went great. Its only been one month since the procedure so I haven't had any real results yet. I had heard that the donor hair on the back of my head shouldn't be growing back, but I have tons of little hairs back there that seem to be doing just that. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks

There's nothing there to grow back. You've essentially moved follicles from the back to the front. How can hair grow without follicles?

@hellouser - Thanks! That makes complete sense.

I am still wondering why I have so much growth around the donor area. Do you think maybe when I had the surgery (roughly 5 weeks ago) it traumatized some of the follicles that were not extracted in the donor area so they fell out and they are just all growing back now? I am asking because I can literally feel what seems like 500-1,000 little hairs that are growing in the nape and are about 1/4 the length of the rest of my hair in the area. Its very strange.

2200 is nothing, go above 5000 and you will feel the difference
    if the answer of your question was yes, then baldness was cured, but it is not easy to beat the BEAST !

I have seen cases where the donor area looks better after an FUE than before the FUE. These cases come from the world's top FUE doctors and I think they use Acell and PRP on the donor area. Apparently, on some patients, Acell may regenerate hair follicles. And from what I have seen in pictures from proven doctors, I would say it's true.

Did you have Acell placed on your donor area? If you did, that could explain why you're seeing hair regrowth in our donor area.

I think this is from a Dr Cole patient:

Following surgery we treated the donor area with Acell. At the 5 month mark we counted the number of extraction sites. We counted extraction sites. We found that 61% of all extraction sites regenerated hair follicles. The Acell reduced the diameter of hypopigmentation and the degree of hypopigmentation, but Acell, did not eliminate hypopigmentation. It is unclear why some extraction sites did not regenerate hair. Furthermore, Acell does not seem to work this well in all patients. We feel that the minimal depth approach we use improves the potential for follicle regeneration.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-26-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I have seen cases where the donor area looks better after an FUE than before the FUE. These cases come from the world's top FUE doctors and I think they use Acell and PRP on the donor area. Apparently, on some patients, Acell may regenerate hair follicles. And from what I have seen in pictures from proven doctors, I would say it's true.

Did you have Acell placed on your donor area? If you did, that could explain why you're seeing hair regrowth in our donor area.

I think this is from a Dr Cole patient:
    Can you please show some pictures of these donor areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Can you please show some pictures of these donor areas?
    I linked and even sourced where I got the post from and both were removed by the moderator. I imagine posting images would also be removed. It's not groundbreaking news, It has been known for years now. You can google acell on donor area.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-3-Mo.-Post-Op