Keep HT from girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudzTx16
    • Jun 2014

I think what we all forget is that most of the people you surround yourself with support you and want the best for you. I think it works in both ways -- because these people support you, they don't really feel it necessary for you to get a HT because they don't judge you on your looks; however, they know if its something you want because it will make you more confident, or feel better about yourself.... then they will support you for that reason too. I've really come to terms with it much more and have told more people. The response is almost always the exact same -- "cool man". "do what you got to do". and often like Rodfarva, they then tell you something they did, or something they want to get done cosmetically. I think we also live in a world today where cosmetic changes are more frequent, and less of a big deal anymore. I don't fear my friends looking down on me. I still haven't told a small core group of my friends, but I fully expect to in the next few months. I am more or less just waiting for the right time. I don't want to bring it up awkwardly since many of them live in different cities now, but I really don't mind telling anyone anymore...

Comment

• Rodfarva
      • May 2014

@DudzTx16, that's good, and I do think it's infinetly easier to tell people when it's all grown out and a proven success, than during the ugly duckling stage when you look worse off than you were.. And another thing is, you don't want to be known as "the guy with the hair transplant". It's easy to say that people can say whatever they want, but things like that tends to stick with you. I suppose it depends on what line of work / circles you are in etc...
      Another thing; personally I don't feel that it's anyones damn business what I do or have done to myself, you choose who you are comfortable in telling things you feel are personal, and saying that someone isn't ready for a HT because they can't be open about it to everyone just doesn't sound right to me..

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

If the final result is good, it will speak for itself!
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...