+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone? Did anyone thin/recede/miniaturize and then regrow? :/

It's not the answer that you want to hear but you just have to ride it out. No one can predict what's going to happen. Stick it out for until you hit a year. Your hair is going to continue thin if you quit taking finasteride so you might as well give it a shot.

This is true. But I'm sort of desperate to hear from someone who's thinning/receded/miniaturized etc and then come back from it.

Are you sure the hairs are thinner towards the root and not just depigmented? I too lose a bunch of these in the shower, but I have been maintaining and regrowing. When I look at these hairs I could SWEAR on my life that the root looks thinner and less pigmented. So the other day I took one of these hairs from the shower, bent it around so that the hair bulb was right next to the hair tip, and shot this image with a USB microscope:

What do you notice? The hair is the same thickness! The root isn't thinner, it is just depigmented. I hear this is normal for some people. As your hair transitions from it's growing phase into it's resting phase, pigment activity shuts off.

dude you are in for constant cycles of what appears to be ''thinning and regrowing'', its just the name of the game brah chill out and see where you are in 18 months...my bet is at or above baseline

for me its like every haircut i get alternates from hair looking ok to hair looking in rough shape

in fact right now i am hardly shedding but my hair looks very thin! previously i was shedding like a dog yet my hair looked like it weas getting thicker :S

It is odd bro...but remember those with MPB have much more hairs in telogen, and when you get on fin/dut it often signals even the healthy hairs to a qwuicker telegon transition so your likely to shed a lot of thin hairs and a lot of thick hairs...overtime if the drug is working, the thick hairs will come back just as they were, and the thinner hairs anagen phase will become longer, perhaps hair will hbecome thincker, and in a year or two you will hopefully 1) not shed nearly as much AND 2) have greater overall density

Quote Originally Posted by ericgerard View Post
    Are you sure the hairs are thinner towards the root and not just depigmented? I too lose a bunch of these in the shower, but I have been maintaining and regrowing. When I look at these hairs I could SWEAR on my life that the root looks thinner and less pigmented. So the other day I took one of these hairs from the shower, bent it around so that the hair bulb was right next to the hair tip, and shot this image with a USB microscope:

What do you notice? The hair is the same thickness! The root isn't thinner, it is just depigmented. I hear this is normal for some people. As your hair transitions from it's growing phase into it's resting phase, pigment activity shuts off.
    Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately yeah I'm sure :/ some of them are depigmented too lol but they're also thinner.

I'm also sure I'm still receding (I take frequent pics)

dude you are in for constant cycles of what appears to be ''thinning and regrowing'', its just the name of the game brah chill out and see where you are in 18 months...my bet is at or above baseline

for me its like every haircut i get alternates from hair looking ok to hair looking in rough shape
    Hmm. Did you recede at all? And you're saying the individual hairs continued to thin and then regrew thicker, or just that your overall density thinned out and regrew? I'm more worried about receding and individual shafts thinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

Lol, if this doesn't work in 18 months I"ll have moved up 2-3 norwoods.

Fun update, 3.5 months now and still miniaturizing fast and have receded even more. Yay for being 1 in 10.

I know how you feel, Buddy. I've been on Fin for two years now, and it hasn't helped me one bit.