+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gbalding View Post
    I wonder how many people are actively wishing that you do not grow your hair back at this very moment? I'd wager to say its zero.
    With all due respect, you are wrong here. We have seen the last years articles (some of them posted also in the forum) on progress in solving the hair loss puzzle, accompanied by readers' comments. I was shocked to see that some readers, anonymously, expressed how proud they feel to not be affected by hair loss and that they wish a cure never to be found. Frightening stuff. I could not believe that there were such people, but they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbalding View Post
    Are there people out there hoping to come up with a solution that will grow your hair back and make em rich? You can bet your ass there are.
    Those too exist, for sure. But as garethbale nicely mentioned before, other are the real problems of the human species. And this fact is one of the reasons there is still no satisfactory treatment for hair loss. Priority and weight are being put elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Really? What is the meaning of life?
    To reproduce and ensure the propagation of your own genes. During that time, you can be as positive or negative as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    With all due respect, you are wrong here. We have seen the last years articles (some of them posted also in the forum) on progress in solving the hair loss puzzle, accompanied by readers' comments. I was shocked to see that some readers, anonymously, expressed how proud they feel to not be affected by hair loss and that they wish a cure never to be found. Frightening stuff. I could not believe that there were such people, but they exist.

Those too exist, for sure. But as garethbale nicely mentioned before, other are the real problems of the human species. And this fact is one of the reasons there is still no satisfactory treatment for hair loss. Priority and weight are being put elsewhere.
    The problem with many of you is that you seem to follow the notion that:

In order for the worlds 'real' problems to be solved, others must not be solved.

This is what Steve Jobs said in 1997 about Apple vs. Microsoft when Apple was nearly bankrupt; 'We have to let go of this notion that for Apple to win, Microsoft has to lose.' Alright, so other problems exist... so what? Does that mean we drop everything to focus on one area and give the finger to others? Do we all suddenly only focus on solving wars? What about hunger and disease in Africa? If not that, then do we ignore AIDS, cancer, etc? What about other 'real life' problems like a financial crisis that puts people out of their jobs, homes, families and onto the streets? Perhaps crime, or even abortions as that seems to be a hot topic for some seriously deranged religious fanatics that they think is a REAL PROBLEM? Maybe other things like ALS, MS, hearing loss, heart problems, depression, schizophrenia, etc? Are those too supposed to be put on the back burner because someone's opinion of 'real problems' outweigh one or a few others? Does hair loss not affect basic human needs as I've described using Maslow's hierarchy of needs or is that just something we're going to ignore like society ignores us already?

Or maybe there's enough people on the planet to do their part for each 'problem'. And it's clear that there are.. each of the issues I've mentioned above have their own concerted efforts into being solved. Yeah.... other 'real' problems exist. So what? Who says both can't be solved and why the hell are we now ourselves downplaying OUR hair loss problem? If it's not a 'real problem' then you perhaps you don't need to be on this forum looking for a solution to a problem that apparently doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If it's not a 'real problem' then you perhaps you don't need to be on this forum looking for a solution to a problem that apparently doesn't exist?
    There is not need to play with the words. "Real" in this context means simply "serious". Hair loss is a real problem, but not nearly as serious as other problems. Fortunately or unfortunately, this defines priorities in today's medical research, not me.

Default Who are you!!!

Hellouser,
    Your profile picture always makes me smile : )) I know what you coming from we are in a world of suffering but believe me the way to happiness is to never give up and stay to stay strong, to never lose hope. People experiment life in their own unique way but the real change comes from within. To change own own from the inside out and it's not easy and believe me it's a big task to do so! To be kind, companionate towards others to not do to others what we would not do to ourselves. To be an example for others also we can talk to others to change to be good toward others or least to not harm others.
    Society put pressures on us to conform to certain things among them, having some hair : ). However, other conformity that might hurt others or anything that is bad we should not be deceived and we should remain companionate. I pray for you and May God bless you!!!

The link didn't work and can you please mention the Yale scientist name