+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    Have you guys read this? It's about fasting for 3 days, apparently it regenerates the imume system. In a nutshell, your body disposes faulty cells and produces new ones during this process.

http://www.universityherald.com/arti...une-system.htm

Who knows? Maybe we can fast for 3 days and our hair starts to grow again.
    That sounds so stupid.... I am going to try it!!!! have to lose some weight anyway

Doesn't the immune system attack the hair follicle? Don't we want a weak immune system?

Well folks ...It seems to good to be true . Time will tell .

Default dumb

I don't know what's more stupid, the media coverage on this or the people on this forum. This does not have implications for MPB. Lots of bald guys with arthritis have taken this drug and not been cured. Not only that, but I doubt this will be a miracle cure for people with alopecia totalis. This is one case of one very young patient, and we don't know if he'll lose his hair again, especially as people with this disease can suddenly regain or lose their hair at any point. Thirdly the drug is not a particularly safe one, and taking that stuff your whole life will probably mess you up.

If anything positive can be gained, it's that maybe researchers will look into the role of the immune system in balding a bit more and figure something out. The pathways in normal balding are very different than in this disease. Good for the kid though, I hope that this ends up being a solution for him and others in his condition.

I dont really get why people are even talking about this. Its not for MPB its for those very rare forms of hair loss caused by the immune system so why would it help MPB? I dont think there is any proof it does anything for MPB yet and suppressing your immune system is crazy

AA is affected by an immune system response, while MPB is DHT unleashing an onslaught on our hair follicles. As far as the medical community knows, DHT is completely independent of the immune system. Thus, this drug will not have any affect on the regrowth of hair of someone suffering from mpb. But, who knows? Further studies need to be done on this, to be sure, as it could be the needed breakthrough in reviving dead hair follicles.

Similar story in the news:

"An alopecia sufferer who lost all the hair on her body has miraculously regrown a full head of hair after taking steroid medication for a chest infection."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...infection.html

I emailed Dr. Brett King, the dude that prescribed Kyle Rhodes the tofacitinib asking if he's trying this for male pattern baldness.

NO ANSWER.

Isn't it amazing how neglected male pattern baldness is? NOBODY..... NOBODY gives a shit about us.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I emailed Dr. Brett King, the dude that prescribed Kyle Rhodes the tofacitinib. I asked him why he ignored the largest percentage of hair loss sufferers and if he's running a case study for male pattern baldness. I asked if he isnt, why he isnt.

NO ANSWER.

Isn't it amazing how neglected male pattern baldness is? NOBODY..... NOBODY gives a fck about us.
    maybe you should have avoided embedding the assumption he is "ignoring" people in your question.... he probably wrote you off as a disgruntled crazy.

That said, it sucks.

Any guy with all his hair probably hopes it doesnt get cured that much less competition for them. Not to mention if you dont have the problem its hard to really understand what its like just like lots of other conditions.