+ Reply to Thread

Default Gynecomastia (gyno) AFTER stopping Finasteride

Hi all. Has anyone else developed gyno after stopping finasteride? I took fin for two weeks and stopped due to some mild sides (frequent urination, testicular ache). About a week after stopping, I seem to have developed gyno. While I cannot feel any major glandular tissue behind the nipple, my chest has definitely enlarged and feels very 'fatty' (for lack of better word). I have been off finasterides for two weeks (yesterday) , and it has been a week after developing gyno. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this simply my hormones trying to readjust after stopping the drug? I will be visiting a Urologist in less than a week to discuss, but wanted to see if there have been any other instances of this. I looked at a number of forums and it seems that everyone's fin-related gyno developed while taking the drug, not after quitting. Also, I'm a slim guy and in relatively good shape so this is rather unmistakable (i.e. not in my head). Thanks in advance for the replies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I've been doing a few posts about gyno issues related to propecia.

For me the side effect occurred after about 2-3 weeks on the drug, and even after stopping it seemed to look the worst days after stopping the drug.

I think it took me about 1-2 weeks and then all of the sudden it pretty much reversed.

Point is I think the gyno can progress for a few days up to a week or two AFTER quitting the drug, but then it SHOULD start regressing pretty spontaneously , if you quit early enough

Thanks for getting back Swan. Thus far, it seems as though your timeline is roughly in-sync with my own. I stopped after only 14 1mg doses (daily), roughly a week after which, I seemed to develop moobs. It's been a little over a week since the rather sudden chest fat appeared so hoping it reverses in the not-too-distant-future. I'd rather lose hair than wear a bra. Thanks again.

what is the update? was it Gyno ? Did you recover and how long? did you need surgery? thanks

I took 14 5mg pills of Proscar during 8 months and developed Gyno. I would rate my gyno 2/10, it's hard to notice but I feel hard (much harder than muscle), quite large tissue under my nipples (especially on the left side)

I quit fin 2 month ago and my gyno looks better. It's smaller and softer but unfortunately still quite large. It makes my chest uglier ((

Have any of you such experience? I want to know if my gyno will reverse completely.

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHairWontKillYou View Post
    I took 14 5mg pills of Proscar during 8 months and developed Gyno. I would rate my gyno 2/10, it's hard to notice but I feel hard (much harder than muscle), quite large tissue under my nipples (especially on the left side)

I quit fin 2 month ago and my gyno looks better. It's smaller and softer but unfortunately still quite large. It makes my chest uglier ((

Have any of you such experience? I want to know if my gyno will reverse completely.
    You should read my thread on "************" - here is the link

http://www.*****************/interac...d-gynecomastia

The best bet you have of making your gyno shrink is with medications such as tamoxifen or letrozole. Do you research on them, as they have their own set of potentially serious side effects. But after educating yourself on them, you can make a decision on wether or not they are realistic and safe options for you. It most like won't make them "completely" vanish, but it has the potential to shrink them further. For complete resolution surgery is the best resort. If you opt for surgery, be sure to get the best you can afford - gyno surgery isn't a basic surgery anyone can do with good cosmetic outcomes.