+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

BUMP. Blackrose, where are you?????

I have just been prescribed this topical fin.

It comes in a blue bottle with a pump that administers one dose per pump,i would give it a try and give my thoughts if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by hyong View Post
    I have just been prescribed this topical fin.

It comes in a blue bottle with a pump that administers one dose per pump,i would give it a try and give my thoughts if it works.
    You got 2.5%???

let us know how it works, any sides, if it helps hair...etc.

I am thinking of asking for a 0.005% dosage.

2.5% seems like wayyyy too high to me...

But perhaps 0.005% is too low? I just don't want sides...

Ok.

I have been away from this site for some time. Still using the topical Finasteride. It's been close to 15 months now. I also added 2 percent topical minoxidil about 6 months ago. I only apply once a day. I don't have much to report on side effects. I workout 3 times a week and everything seems normal to me. I added the minoxidil because for months I noticed small hairs appearing but they would not grow with finasteride alone. A GP doctor friend confirmed that Finasteride is not really for increasing growth so some type of booster would be better for that. I tried Tricomin but that didn't seem to help so I switched to 2 percent minoxidil and it seems to be helping.

Changes I made, lessons learned:

I apply the finasteride topical every OTHER day, not everyday. After using it everyday I noticed nothing was really growing. I did more research and asked my doctor friend again. Apparently finasteride stays in the scalp for 30+hours. Also any hormonal changes in any region of the body slow down growth temporarily. A pharmacist confirmed this as well and said many patients apply the cream every other day.

As promised i have some photos now to show. Took these myself with a crappy phone so please don't judge.

Before:

https://s13.postimg.org/4k3ply6qv/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Now:

https://s11.postimg.org/hjotac3cj/IMG_7072.jpg

Regrowth takes a long long time because each hair has to go throw a full cycle of growth before coming out thicker.
    Hope this help.

Default Some Feedback.

Ok.

I have been away from this site for some time. Still using the topical Finasteride. It's been close to 15 months now. I also added 2 percent topical minoxidil about 6 months ago. I only apply once a day. I don't have much to report on side effects. I workout 3 times a week and everything seems normal to me. I added the minoxidil because for months I noticed small hairs appearing but they would not grow with finasteride alone. A GP doctor friend confirmed that Finasteride is not really for increasing growth so some type of booster would be better for that. I tried Tricomin but that didn't seem to help so I switched to 2 percent minoxidil and it seems to be helping.

Changes I made, lessons learned:

I apply the finasteride topical every OTHER day, not everyday. After using it everyday I noticed nothing was really growing. I did more research and asked my doctor friend again. Apparently finasteride stays in the scalp for 30+hours. Also any hormonal changes in any region of the body slow down growth temporarily. A pharmacist confirmed this as well and said many patients apply the cream every other day.

As promised i have some photos now to show. Took these myself with a crappy phone so please don't judge.

Before:

https://s13.postimg.org/4k3ply6qv/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Now:

https://s11.postimg.org/hjotac3cj/IMG_7072.jpg

Regrowth takes a long long time because each hair has to go throw a full cycle of growth before coming out thicker.
    Hope this help.