+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hyong View Post
    hi!!,
    are you in vancouver?
    i emailed the clinic but they told me they would only prescribe to their own patients, is this true?!
    Yes I am. The clinic is a 20 minute walk from my place. They do require you to go in for a consultation if you are local but they have online forms that you can give your GP for an over the mail prescription. I'm not sure if that also includes international orders. You should give the clinic a call.

Interested to hear how it it goes for you, good luck!

Did they share with you why 2.5%? This is much higher than the typical .1% seen mixed with minoxidil and the .25% that Polichem is testing. Do absorption rates vary that much by the different vehicles?

Thanks. I'm not sure why 2.5% aside from the fact that it may be more effective long term. I'm pretty sure that it's not being absorbed much systemic otherwise I would be getting harsh side effects with 2.5%. I had way worst side effect with 1mg pill per day. I have started taking DIM supplements just to be on the safe side but only for a week or so. Liposomial formulations have been around for some time but the addition of silica could be preventing absorption into the blood stream. The Pharmacist told me this is a new formula so I think they have changed it around a few times. I am concerned about inhibiting serum DHT production quit a bit because DHT plays a major role in health for men. DHT regulates mood, sex drive and may have positive effects on the immune system so I dont want to reduce it in my system as much as possible. Also I only use enough of the cream to lightly cover my hair loss area and that may be less than 1ML per application. I rather use less since its a 2.5 percent solution. I have some peach fuzz showing so far and I hope it will get better over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Studious View Post
    Interested to hear how it it goes for you, good luck!

Did they share with you why 2.5%? This is much higher than the typical .1% seen mixed with minoxidil and the .25% that Polichem is testing. Do absorption rates vary that much by the different vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    Thanks. I'm not sure why 2.5% aside from the fact that it may be more effective long term. I'm pretty sure that it's not being absorbed much systemic otherwise I would be getting harsh side effects with 2.5%. I had way worst side effect with 1mg pill per day. I have started taking DIM supplements just to be on the safe side but only for a week or so. Liposomial formulations have been around for some time but the addition of silica could be preventing absorption into the blood stream. The Pharmacist told me this is a new formula so I think they have changed it around a few times. I am concerned about inhibiting serum DHT production quit a bit because DHT plays a major role in health for men. DHT regulates mood, sex drive and may have positive effects on the immune system so I dont want to reduce it in my system as much as possible. Also I only use enough of the cream to lightly cover my hair loss area and that may be less than 1ML per application. I rather use less since its a 2.5 percent solution. I have some peach fuzz showing so far and I hope it will get better over time.
    Hi...could you give us an update? Anything would be useful.

Did you have a DHT test?

Also, how long does the gel need to be left on for before it can be washed off? I ask because i have concerns about it rubbing off my head onto things/coming into contact with other people...e.g. pregnant women who shouldnt even touch finasteride.

For those who are using topical fin from H& W, it would be really, really useful if you could get DHT blood tests. If it can work without systemically lowering DHT then this is the best treatment we have by far.

I have not had the DHT test yet. Unfortunately I have to cross the border to get this test done and I haven't had the time yet. I dont have any obvious side effects as of yet. I only apply enough of the cream to cover my bald spot and only apply after a shower.

You dont need to wash off the product and it absorbs very fast. Its not greasy and it does not leave any residues. Its not like minoxidil and other leave on treatments so I wouldn't worry about smearing and others absorbing the product. As far as results its still early but I have noticed some darkening. I will post pictures once I am convinced of any long term results. Hope this helps.

hi blasckrose, you are using hansen and songs formula, correct? can you share how much it cost be it in Canadian or US dollars for the gel, and how much the consultation fee is ?
    I have been taking Dr. Hassons topical Finastride for a month.

I spoke with him for an hour about this product. The cream has nano-silica particles that prevent systemic absorption. A minor amount gets absorbed which is 1/18 according to him. I had been on finastride years ago and I noticed side effects. With this cream I have not noticed any side effects yet. I am planning on testing my Serum level DHT soon but I highly doubt it will be much different. I haven't noticed major changes in hair growth yet but one month is too early. I am wondering if the cream is able to reach the hair follicle.

I will keep updating here as time goes by. Interested in hearing results from others on this cream. Currently I'm not taking an oral dose but I may add that if things dont change soon.

So they are prescribing it now. How much does it cost for a month supply?

The consultation was $100. The price for a 3 month supply of the cream purchased was about $200. All in Canadian Dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardib View Post
    hi blasckrose, you are using hansen and songs formula, correct? can you share how much it cost be it in Canadian or US dollars for the gel, and how much the consultation fee is ?

thanks; any results or comments so far??
    The consultation was $100. The price for a 3 month supply of the cream purchased was about $200. All in Canadian Dollars.

Hi Blackrose,

Can you please comment on the effiacy of the topical fin, and still no sides at all so far?