+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Why does merck not just reformulate finasteride as topical and sell it OTC? I mean they already have the drug,patent, and FDA approval practically since nothing is different but the vehicle. Seems silly. If they reformulate it as topical they get a new patent and men get the safer topical version. Makes no sense to me. It could probably be OTC because it probably has the same sides as propecia which isnt that much and the drug been around for like 30 years

I'm sure if merck could make a topical and make millions of desperate bald men they would, but there must be something to it that has prevented them.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Why does merck not just reformulate finasteride as topical and sell it OTC? I mean they already have the drug,patent, and FDA approval practically since nothing is different but the vehicle. Seems silly. If they reformulate it as topical they get a new patent and men get the safer topical version. Makes no sense to me. It could probably be OTC because it probably has the same sides as propecia which isnt that much and the drug been around for like 30 years

Yeah or just poor sales of propecia in general makes it not worth doing. If they wanted to do it bad enough believe me they would get it done. Things are heating up though in the hair loss field so that might play into it as well. I wouldnt want to waste a lot of money making topical fin when CB or something else could be out in a few years rendering it pretty useless.

Why are people not talking about this... There are tons of people respond great to Fin but experience terrible side effects. If this is legit and it works with almost no sides, then it is by far the best thing we have; better than buying blackmarket CB, RU, massaging, poking, lasers, etc. Sooooo I don't get it: why is "I put Diane35 birth control on my head" a more active thread than "Fin without sides now available"...

Also, is H&W working towards eventually selling this without us having to go to Canada or what? How long is the merck patent going to control this unfortunate situation, I thought the patent expired already.

Quote Originally Posted by nohawk View Post
    Why are people not talking about this... There are tons of people respond great to Fin but experience terrible side effects. If this is legit and it works with almost no sides, then it is by far the best thing we have; better than buying blackmarket CB, RU, massaging, poking, lasers, etc. Sooooo I don't get it: why is "I put Diane35 birth control on my head" a more active thread than "Fin without sides now available"...

Also, is H&W working towards eventually selling this without us having to go to Canada or what? How long is the merck patent going to control this unfortunate situation, I thought the patent expired already.
    It might be because it's very hard to buy it, if I could get some either online or without having to go to Canada I'll be more than willing to give it a try

hanson and wong is probably like every other hairless company, trying to make money off desperate balding men. I'm sure if fin could be made into an effective topical and sold commercially at your local big chain pharmacy like reogaine, then it would be, but it has not.

now you can get a compounding pharmacy to make a topical fin for you like murray avenue apothecary in Pittsburgh PA, so you don't have to go to canada for what might just be some snake oil. hanson and wong asks compound pharmacists to make topical fin formulations for them, and then charge you double bc they are the middle man.

i think fin works best from within the body,and topical might be waste. those who i know using topical still take the oral form, bc no one is taking chances

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    It might be because it's very hard to buy it, if I could get some either online or without having to go to Canada I'll be more than willing to give it a try

Hello,

The problem is really we don't know if topical fina @ 2.5% in a liposomal cream has a good and real effect on hairs....

Fina is not a dht inhibitor...but a 5AR inhibitor....
    It's the real problem, no ???

Without question the effects of Finasteride are dose dependent. Take 10mg a day and your hair will stop falling out and start to grow back but.............there are significant side effects so I would not recommend taking 10mg daily.

Default H&W Topical Finastride

I have been taking Dr. Hassons topical Finastride for a month.

I spoke with him for an hour about this product. The cream has nano-silica particles that prevent systemic absorption. A minor amount gets absorbed which is 1/18 according to him. I had been on finastride years ago and I noticed side effects. With this cream I have not noticed any side effects yet. I am planning on testing my Serum level DHT soon but I highly doubt it will be much different. I haven't noticed major changes in hair growth yet but one month is too early. I am wondering if the cream is able to reach the hair follicle.

I will keep updating here as time goes by. Interested in hearing results from others on this cream. Currently I'm not taking an oral dose but I may add that if things dont change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    I have been taking Dr. Hassons topical Finastride for a month.

I spoke with him for an hour about this product. The cream has nano-silica particles that prevent systemic absorption. A minor amount gets absorbed which is 1/18 according to him. I had been on finastride years ago and I noticed side effects. With this cream I have not noticed any side effects yet. I am planning on testing my Serum level DHT soon but I highly doubt it will be much different. I haven't noticed major changes in hair growth yet but one month is too early. I am wondering if the cream is able to reach the hair follicle.

I will keep updating here as time goes by. Interested in hearing results from others on this cream. Currently I'm not taking an oral dose but I may add that if things dont change soon.

hi!!,
    are you in vancouver?
    i emailed the clinic but they told me they would only prescribe to their own patients, is this true?!