+ Reply to Thread

Question Seriously considering FUE... even though I'm Norwood 7...who is best doc?

1. Should I take dht blocker?

I mean, would it even help now....

2. Which FUE doctor gives the best natural appearance?

Cole, Yates, Bauman, Feller, or someone else....

3. I just want the frontal third to have a light density, so that when I cut it short, there is some framing of face?

Will I regret this later, or is this legit...

4. White dots????

Scares me that these will show....

post pics of ur head bro

im also Nw7(high fringe though) and i've often thought about this as well. Some hair, even hair which looks to be thinning, has to be better than no hair right? You can pile all the donor hair at your disposal into the front, then use beard hair for the crown.

White dots at the donor area, seems to me to be the only reason to forgo pulling the trigger. The only question, is are there doctors who can produce a transplant without them?

Once you reach NW7 I don't think there is any reason for finasteride? With your kind of aggressive hair loss, I would say what you have left is DHT resistant. I think you have a good plan as far as coverage goes. I wouldn't really worry about "white dots" unless you plan on getting a pretty dark tan. I don't believe it will show up with a normal skin tone.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    1. Should I take dht blocker?

I mean, would it even help now....

2. Which FUE doctor gives the best natural appearance?

Cole, Yates, Bauman, Feller, or someone else....

3. I just want the frontal third to have a light density, so that when I cut it short, there is some framing of face?

Will I regret this later, or is this legit...

4. White dots????

Scares me that these will show....
    Your age is important related to being a Norwood 7. Do you have any elderly Norwood sevens in your family that could indicate how far your hair loss might progress? I know a Norwood seven who in this thirties only had a donor fringe on the sides and back about an inch tall.

You are correct in being concerned about white dotting. Some men get it while others don't get any at all. ACell gel helps, but it doesn't always prevent white dots. I agree, some hair on top looks better than no hair, but whatever you have placed up there must look natural. You should do a small session using alternate donor that most closely matches your scalp hair on the back and sides. If you have no hair on top, it will be obvious if you get growth. The late actor, Dom Deluise was a Norwood 7 and his little bit on top at one point in his life illustrates the benefit of just a little hair. Not everyone will agree, but I think just a little hair at the top front is preferable to the slick bald look. Again, it must be placed correctly for a natural appearance.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Once you reach NW7 I don't think there is any reason for finasteride? With your kind of aggressive hair loss, I would say what you have left is DHT resistant. I think you have a good plan as far as coverage goes. I wouldn't really worry about "white dots" unless you plan on getting a pretty dark tan. I don't believe it will show up with a normal skin tone.
    Good point regarding finasteride because it's true that once the individual has reached the advanced classes of MPB (class 6 & 7), there's nothing left to save. We do not need finasteride for the terminal hair that is DHT resistant yet I continue to see guys put on it who really will not benefit from it.

The white dotting is scar tissue plain and simple. The whiter the dots, the less blood flow there is within the dots. They are far more noticeable in men who have a more olive complexion and experienced a darker complexion from UV rays. I have received photos from guys of Italian descent who had larger sessions of FUE and then buzzed down their scalps to a number 2 or shorter. Otherwise, growing the donor hair length to a point that hides any visual effects from surgery is achievable for most. If you have a disposition for donor zone thinning as you get older, then there's always a chance that the extractions sites may be more obvious.

Lastly, it's the frame above the brow that frames the face. Even a higher hairline will work wonders to enhance our facial features. But as a few others have stated, it must be natural commencing in single hair grafts, properly angulated. Density is not the number one issue when crating a new hairline IMHO, but rather the naturalness and breadth of the frame.

Chuck, you're showing your age with the reference to Dom Deluise. We are close in age because I also remember him well as one of the great comedians like Milton Berle, Red Skelton, and the like. Dom Deluise only had the little tuft of hair left in the center of the frontal brow. If I would have been him, probably would have shaved it off because every time I saw him on TV, my eyes would drift and notice it. It really did not serve him any benefit as a frame except for the fact that he had something left and not 100% bald on top.

I think most Norwood 7s would have enough extractable donor to make a visual improvement and possibly achieve a younger appearance as long as it is a realistic goal within the scope of their limitations.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin