+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balding? 20 y/o

Default Balding? 20 y/o

I really want your guys honest opinion. I have always had pretty high temples but recently I've noticed I've been shedding more on the top of my head. I have no family history of baldness so I'm not sure if its actually MPB. If it is MPB I don't want to be in denial and then at 25 be completely bald. should I start medication, I hear if you start right at the beginning you can actually alter HL.

if I actually am balding I have a couple of questions about medication:

1. Will it stunt my beard growth. Im 20 and my beard is just now filling in pretty fast. If I take propecia would it stop my beard growth?
    2. am I too young to take it?
    3. Am I actually balding?
    4. should I just buzz my head?Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-07 07.34.06.jpg

Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	32906Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-07 07.40.54.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	32907Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-07 07.39.47.jpg

Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	32908

yes looks like your balding

i doubt it would effect your beard growth..in fact mine cojntinued to get thicker on propecia but when i switched to the stronger dutasteride beard growth slowed and was less dense

you are not too young to take it...not sure your family hisotry but there is clear recession and thnning in the front so most likely you will continue to recede.. if you jump on propecia now there is a chance you can stop it. maybe it wont stop, maybe you will get side effects and have to stop, but the odds are on your side most people do well on it

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cntcaleb View Post
    I really want your guys honest opinion. I have always had pretty high temples but recently I've noticed I've been shedding more on the top of my head. I have no family history of baldness so I'm not sure if its actually MPB. If it is MPB I don't want to be in denial and then at 25 be completely bald. should I start medication, I hear if you start right at the beginning you can actually alter HL.

if I actually am balding I have a couple of questions about medication:

1. Will it stunt my beard growth. Im 20 and my beard is just now filling in pretty fast. If I take propecia would it stop my beard growth?
    2. am I too young to take it?
    3. Am I actually balding?
    4. should I just buzz my head?Attachment 32906Attachment 32907Attachment 32908
    Your family history of hair loss is an important consideration. Many men claim that even reduced doses of finasteride are effective. Just don't buy the online versions available without a prescription. You just can't know what you're getting. It could be no-dose blanks or worse yet something dangerous to your health. You're obviously concerned enough to post here. Dr. Bernstein has some encouraging before and after photos of finasteride users.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

There is not really an answer to whether buzz your head or do anything its just up to you and whether you care enough to use what we currently have which is propecia.If you care enough see someone to get started. Given the current situation your better safe than sorry once its gone you aint getting it back anytime soon so prevention is key even if your not completely sure your actually going NW 7

Okay, so you guys do think I am losing my hair? How aggressive is it? what NW am I? If I want to get on Propecia how long will it last? would I expect to revert my hairloss indefinitely?

sorry for all the questions!

I would watch it a little more paying more attention to it. Once you start propecia its a life time commitment so IMO you want to be pretty sure before jumping on that. If you see its getting worse go see a derm they will answer all those other questions you have better than I since they routinely see many people using it.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I would watch it a little more paying more attention to it. Once you start propecia its a life time commitment so IMO you want to be pretty sure before jumping on that. If you see its getting worse go see a derm they will answer all those other questions you have better than I since they routinely see many people using it.
    Medications like Propecia and Avodart will be a lifetime commitment if better preventive hair loss treatments do not materialize. I personally think that a PGD2 blocker will become available at least within the next 2-10 years. Hopefully sooner than that. Who knows, a preventive "cure" may consist of more than one oral medication/topical.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Default What NW?

What NW would you guys say I am?

Default Buzzed my head on a 2!

With all the heat I decided to buzz my head on a 2! Its kinda weird not having any hair! should I go to a 1? Let me know how you guys think it looks?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-09 18.34.02.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	33483