+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 y/o loosing my hair, need help!

Hey guys,

So here is my story I'm a 20 year old guy loosing his hair, and I need some advice about how to stop it. I'm not sure about how serious is my hair loss but I think it's advanced. So I need some advice about what to do? I'm a bit affraid of taking pills and stuff because of the secondary effects. I'm not really familiar with propencia and other pharmaceuticals, it would be great to know your recommendation... Is there anything "natural" that can stop the hair loss or not? I've attached some pictures so you guys can see how bad it is cause again I'm not really familiar with this so I need some advice!

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scd.jpg

Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	32900   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	32901  

Nothing 'natural' that works my friend, although you may read differently from people trying to promote a product. Only really approved products/meds are Propecia (Proscar) and Rogaine. Many people believe in adding Nizoral shampoo a few times a week and perhaps the laser comb. I have tried them all since I was 24 (am 39 now). I was more advanced in hairline recession than you. I know it is stressful but from pics you posted I wouldn't be too worried. I am a believer in Propecia and Rogaine. I feel if it were not for them I would be in bad shape. I cross my fingers every day that they continue to work for me as the years go by. I haven't had any side effects from Propecia in 15 yrs but every person is different. My suggestion would be research Propecia objectively--but at 20 years old that is a little young to begin such a daily pill regimen in my opinion. I have absolutely no medical background at all so take that advice for what it is worth. However---rogaine foam and nizoral would be great places to start to at least hold where you are for the next few years. Rogaine is thought to have some side affects but again, after 15 yrs and yearly physicals with Dr I haven't had any issues. See how things look down the line and if not happy perhaps give Propecia a start if you and Dr feel comfortable. With that being said, make sure you talk with a Dr who has experience in prescribing propecia and dealing with hair loss. Basic family Drs won't be as knowledgeable in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Still deciding gave you good advice. All we really have is Propecia, minoxidil and maybe lasers(?) so don’t waste time and money on all the crap you are going to read about. See a doctor who specializes in hair and talk about your real options. Propecia works for me with no side effects but like Still decided said, everyone is different.