+ Reply to Thread

Default Scaling back on dutasteride to 3x/wk

I've been on avodart for 2 1/2 years with some success at .5 mg/day and every other day. For the past five weeks, I've tried every third day (3x/week) and I'm noticing some loss I didn't when I went from every day to every other. Not extreme but noticeable to me.

If you take .5mg three times a week, what does that translate to in milligrams at a steady state?

I just read that M, W, F is advisable over every third day if taking it three times a week. Anyone know why this is true? Or disagree?

Does it make sense that I'm noticing some loss at the official half-life for dutasteride since I scaled back five weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker3 View Post
    I've been on avodart for 2 1/2 years with some success at .5 mg/day and every other day. For the past five weeks, I've tried every third day (3x/week) and I'm noticing some loss I didn't when I went from every day to every other. Not extreme but noticeable to me.

If you take .5mg three times a week, what does that translate to in milligrams at a steady state?

I just read that M, W, F is advisable over every third day if taking it three times a week. Anyone know why this is true? Or disagree?

Does it make sense that I'm noticing some loss at the official half-life for dutasteride since I scaled back five weeks ago?
    with dut just divide the amount you take by a span in days...for example if you take 0.5mg every 5 days, it is hte exact same as taking .1mg every day...therefore MWF will be better than every third day

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    with dut just divide the amount you take by a span in days...for example if you take 0.5mg every 5 days, it is hte exact same as taking .1mg every day...therefore MWF will be better than every third day
    Thanks Dan. So can you tell me if this is accurate: taking .5mg MWF would be the same as taking .25mg Monday - Friday. And about .17mg Friday - Monday. If I average that out, would it bascially be .21mg per day at a steady state?

Over a period of months, would it all balance out whether I took a pill MWF or every third day? Or would there in fact always be less in my blood stream if I took it every third day?

Sorry to hijack your thread but I am considering going on to Dutas but i'm unsure how to take it, do I take it every day or ? any advice will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuburbs View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I am considering going on to Dutas but i'm unsure how to take it, do I take it every day or ? any advice will be appreciated.
    I would think about finasteride first if you haven't already. I was a NW 2-3 and used that at 1.25mg for 8-9 years, and was pretty happy with it before I switched to the big guns. When I did switch to dut, I took .5mg every day for about a year and switched to every other day without noticing a real difference in hair coverage/loss. Honestly, I think I could have gone to every other day after 5 months because by then the value of daily dose vs. every other day equal out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s_analysis.jpg

I know some guys load up when they start taking it, up to 2.5mg and then scale back. Taking higher doses over time may have a great result but the long term risks and degree of immediate side effects would scare me. No matter how you take it, expect a serious shed around the two month mark. It's a bummer but it's normal.

Thanks for the reply, I have been on fin for about 18 months and I don't seem to be getting any where with it.

I'd recommend doing FIN daily or every other day and then adding DUT 1-2 times a week, there's been a couple studies that have said this improves the hair for hairloss sufferers.

Just gotta convince my doc to give it to me

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I'd recommend doing FIN daily or every other day and then adding DUT 1-2 times a week, there's been a couple studies that have said this improves the hair for hairloss sufferers.

Just gotta convince my doc to give it to me
    Why not get it on line?