Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • str8chillin
    • Jun 2014

21 years old...what to do?

So I've always had a huge forehead, ever since I was a kid. However, I have recently started to suspect that my hairline is receding. My hair covers my forehead (see pics), so no one can tell that I am balding. However, when I pull my hair back, it is clear that something is off...

I have attached many pictures. The names of the pictures tells you how old they are. As you can see, even six years ago, I had a large forehead. When I pull my hair back, it looks like I've been receding a lot, but it would have looked like that six years ago as well. So am I receding or is this simply a "mature hairline" with a big forehead?

Also, on a related note, how far can someone with my hair style have their hairline recede before it becomes obvious even when you don't pull the hair back?

Thanks for the help, everyone! Cheers!
    Attached Files
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I saw a guy on here recently with a hairstyle similar to yours. He pulled it off being a NW4.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by str8chillin
      So I've always had a huge forehead, ever since I was a kid. However, I have recently started to suspect that my hairline is receding. My hair covers my forehead (see pics), so no one can tell that I am balding. However, when I pull my hair back, it is clear that something is off...

I have attached many pictures. The names of the pictures tells you how old they are. As you can see, even six years ago, I had a large forehead. When I pull my hair back, it looks like I've been receding a lot, but it would have looked like that six years ago as well. So am I receding or is this simply a "mature hairline" with a big forehead?

Also, on a related note, how far can someone with my hair style have their hairline recede before it becomes obvious even when you don't pull the hair back?

Thanks for the help, everyone! Cheers!
      Do you have any thinning or just some recession? It's very rare for a man to not have any recession. Ex president Ronald Reagan is one example and didn't have any visible recession. Some recession is nearly always a part of becoming an adult but it still bothers young men. If there is a lot of hair loss in your family, I suggest you keep an eye on your hair. Effective hair loss medications are available.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      forhair.com
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011
      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• AfterHair
        Doctor Representative
        • May 2014

At one point I was a NW4 and pulled off long hair without many people realizing.. thanks to the help of Toppik and special styling methods.
        AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
        HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
        Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
        Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012
        sigpic

Comment

Working...