+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    You obviously haven't read any of the old pilofocus threads, and clearly have no idea of acell potential. Dr cole knows it regenerates hairs, but he can't get consistent results and claims because the acell leaks from fue when on the OUTSIDE. If acell were to be packed on the inside where it cannot leak, then the problem would be solved. Also, artista has seen the presentation none of us were allowed to see and he said no doubt it will have regeneration, it's just uncertain how high or low of a percentage we will see consistently.
    I don't care about the old PiloFocus "threads," which may contain any amount of hearsay, supposition, hopeful claims, and nonsense. ACell was an exciting proposal when Dr. Cooley, in 2010/11 suggested it could hold the potential for hair-regeneration. To date, that simply has not panned out to any respectable degree. Not in Dr. Cooley's work, not in Dr. Bernstein's work, not in any further publication.

Could ACell in combination with piloscopic harvesting yield regeneration? Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know. Dr. Wesley is researching this, and one hopes that will answer the question adequately.

It's fine to keep your fingers crossed in the back of your mind, but it's imperative not to go jumping around like a blissful jackrabbit about "a sure thing" that is by no means sure.

How would Acell regenerate an organ that isn't there?

Follicles are being moved from point A to point B with pilofocus, it doesnt transect the follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    How would Acell regenerate an organ that isn't there?

Follicles are being moved from point A to point B with pilofocus, it doesnt transect the follicle.
    I imagine the hope would be to move enough tissue to get proper growth in the recipient area, and leave enough in the donor to get re-growth there. ACell might help achieve this.

Until there's evidence, however, it's just supposition.

I would be amazed if regeneration can even be tracked. Follicle from donor to recipient area would need to be tracked. Heck, a transfer graft grows in 3-12 months so you would think a regenerated graft/follicle would take longer to form then grow. I was more interested in Acell for healing and to reduce scar tissue. Regeneration was not on my radar but would be great if it did.

Cost needs to be driven down before regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I would be amazed if regeneration can even be tracked. Follicle from donor to recipient area would need to be tracked. Heck, a transfer graft grows in 3-12 months so you would think a regenerated graft/follicle would take longer to form then grow. I was more interested in Acell for healing and to reduce scar tissue. Regeneration was not on my radar but would be great if it did.

Cost needs to be driven down before regeneration.
    As I understand, Dr. Wesley intends to track the donor area with tattooing/marking.

I don't think it's at all impossible to measure this, provided the harvesting leaves a small region completely devoid of hair, and the hairs are transplanted to a totally hairless area of the scalp. Count the number of harvested grafts pre-op., then count what re-grows in the donor area and in the recipient area.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    As I understand, Dr. Wesley intends to track the donor area with tattooing/marking.

I don't think it's at all impossible to measure this, provided the harvesting leaves a small region completely devoid of hair, and the hairs are transplanted to a totally hairless area of the scalp. Count the number of harvested grafts pre-op., then count what re-grows in the donor area and in the recipient area.
    That's exactly what he is doing. Small cases, tattoos, exactly what everyone was asking Gho to do.

That's exactly what he is doing. Small cases, tattoos, exactly what everyone was asking Gho to do.
    Well... I dont have high hopes for this, but if it works.... oh my, that'd finally be a real and long overdue game changer.

I'm positive we will get some degree of regeneration. I just don't know how much...but even 20-30% would be huge!

I'm positive we will get some degree of regeneration. I just don't know how much...but even 20-30% would be huge!
    Let's put it this way;

If the average area of balding scalp is 200cm/2, then the required number of grafts to cover this at a low density such as 40 grafts/cm2 would be 8,000 grafts. If an individual has typically 5,000 grafts available (this is being generous as its on the lower end) then 30% of that would allow for an additional 1,666 grafts. However, this is assuming we only use maximum donor amount.... because when regeneration comes into play, we can extract much more... say, 7,000 and allow the 30% to regenerate and you'd be safe.

Furthermore, if Pilofocus works as mentioned and we can expand on donor grafts available, then we can go beyond the small 5,000 grafts number and consequently go beyond that as well with initial regeneration.

But this is all irrelevant as we've been hearing about Acell for years and haven't seen a single documented case of this working that WASN'T a promotional piece from a doctor advertising the treatment. Essentially, this would need a community funded/sponsored/documented 50 graft trial.

Well regeneration or not, we should be able to extract much more grafts, grafts out of the safe zone, and hopefully body hair with better survival due to it being scarless.