+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Doctor Representative

A couple things-
    1- Regarding a hair miniaturization study, I am attaching mine (that was performed by my HT surgeon), so you see how this kind of study with microscope helps to determine the progress of hair loss. Maybe you should consider doing the miniaturization study now and then again next year to have empirical information regarding your hair loss progress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	miniaturization study 11-1-2010 (3).jpg

Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	32966

2- Since you are 17 years old, you should wait until 18 before trying Finasteride. (Propecia cannot be used before the age of 18 since the external genitalia is not matured enough.) Good that you are working with your doctor and have decided to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Unless your doctor microscopically mapped your hair follicle miniaturization he can’t even take an educated guess on how or if your hair loss is going to progress. Just watch it and if you really think that you are progressing, find a real hair loss expert and consider meds.
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012

How much did it cost to do a HT exam.

Well, I decided to wait but the doctor said I should get to fin the earlier I can(if I want to keep my hair ofcourse).

@J_B_Davis
    You know, the doctor is pretty good, however, I think he decided everything to fast. I mean, in an 30-minutes appointment he told me I would be bald by 25. That was really weird....

I do have dermatits seborrheic, and I used to scratch it a lot on my right temple, maybe thats why its receding more than the left side.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Startingtorecede123 View Post

I do have dermatits seborrheic, and I used to scratch it a lot on my right temple, maybe thats why its receding more than the left side.
    Seborrheic dermatitis commonly causes hair loss. Topical corticosteroids are often prescribed to treat it. One prescription cream used to treat seborrheic dermatitis is called Cordran SP (flurandrenolide cream). It has a side effect of "excessive hair growth". I would contact a dermatologist to see if he will write you a prescription for it after an exam. You have to be careful with corticosteroid use. They can cause skin thinning over time when used too frequently.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

@35YrsAfter

My doctor prescribed me Daivobet, he siad I should use it until our next appointment.

Btw, do you know if I have to leave it on my head 24hours a day? My doctor just told me to use after shower.

Excessive Hair growth isnt a bad side effect hahaha

Oh, is seborrheic dermatitis curable ? Will I have to use a crea forever.

My regret is that I didn't address my hair-loss sooner. I recommend washing your hair with Nizoral twice a week, applying rogaine foam daily and consulting another doctor about taking proscar/ finastaride . I'm from Wales - UK and visited Dr Cole in Atlanta .

View my experience on Youtube / Forhair / Patient from North Wales -U.K .

I hope this helps . I highly recommend Dr Cole.