Tijuana HT and Beyond - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Tijuana HT and Beyond

So I'm 30 years old. I'm about a norwood 3v and most of my hair loss took place in my late 20s which is when I started researching HT procedures. Living in California I first checked out some Doctors out here then inquired about some of the Canadian Doctors I've read about on this forum. Both were way out of my price range but the information I gather was that since I had such thick donor area and I didn't need a mega session the procedure would be pretty straight forward. I also settled on the FUT strip process since I know friends who have had the strip and others who had FUE..after a few months the FUT scars were undectectable and they seemed to me to have grown more hair than the FUE guys. I started reading about HT doctors on this and other sites. There was a lot of anti-mexican HT talk going around but usually not from patients who went there. I heard people complaining about stuff like the beds were uncomfortable..all that mattered to me were results. I narrowed it down to Dr. Alessandrini with Renovate Medical (also called Bajanor) and Dr. Hernandez with Neopel Clinic. They both seemed pretty comparable though Neopel was slightly more expensive and very slow to respond So I went with Dr. Alessandrini. I paid $2500 for what they approximated would be 2200 grafts. I was met at the mexican side of the san ysidro/tijuana border by the doctors son. We walked through a pretty shabby neighborhood to get to Renovate Medical. Renovate Medical Center while better than the neighboring buildings was also quite shabby..not the Sleek modern beverly hills office you would associate with cosmetic surgery. The facilities and amenities were not very modern and there was a pretty laid back atmosphere among the staff..at this point I was a bit worried. I soon met the doctor who was very professional calming and knew what he was talking about. The nurses were all super sweet...by the end of the day we were all friends. The actual procedure was smooth and painless. Since my donor area is dense and since I shmoozed the nurses all day they were able to retrieve and implant 2600 grafts..the extra grafts went to thickening between the crown and hairline. he crown was filled in with the 3-4 hair grafts while the 1s and 2s were used on the hairline mostly. All in All it was a good experience but what matters most now is the results. If the results turn out the way I think they will I'd gladly skip the formalities and marble counter-tops for a good affordable HT. This all happened yesterday so I'll post some pre-op and 1st day post op pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).jpg

Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	26565   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (5).jpg

Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	26566   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (6).jpg

Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	26567   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (7).jpg

Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	26568   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (8).jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	26569   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (9).jpg

Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	26570  

here are some post op pics..... My only regret so far was not filling in the area above and to the right of my crown in the pictures. My reasoning was that first of all its not that bad 2nd of all since i've never really been on a strict regime of rogain and propecia and I will be on both now, that part may thicken up a bit anyway.

Name:	image (3).jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	26571   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (10).jpg

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	26572   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (11).jpg

Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	26573   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (12).jpg

Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	26574   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (13).jpg

Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	26575   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (14).jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	26576  

Quote Originally Posted by sunfire View Post
    . I paid $2500 for what they approximated would be 2200 grafts. I was met at the mexican side of the san ysidro/tijuana border by the doctors son. We walked through a pretty shabby neighborhood to get to Renovate Medical. .
    Sounds like a movie
    good luck in your results

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Sounds like a movie
    good luck in your results
    haha yeah I know but keep in mind Ive been to tijuana a bunch of times before this so I wasn't as weirded out as someone else might be

Doctor Representative

oh man, I remember seeing billboards in TJ for hair transplants when I was an adventurous 20-something...
    still, I could never imagine getting such an important procedure done in TJ. Heck, even in the USA there's only a handful of docs I'd trust to work on my hair... I would never ever consider doing such a thing..
    How much research had you done your surgeon prior to committing? Anyway, if this is the real deal, I hopeful that your results were positive.
    But I think that saving a bit of money pales in comparison to getting the procedure done by a surgeon who has an excellent reputation, has been doing the technique for years and is renowned in his community.
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AfterHair View Post
    oh man, I remember seeing billboards in TJ for hair transplants when I was an adventurous 20-something...
    still, I could never imagine getting such an important procedure done in TJ. Heck, even in the USA there's only a handful of docs I'd trust to work on my hair... I would never ever consider doing such a thing..
    How much research had you done your surgeon prior to committing? Anyway, if this is the real deal, I hopeful that your results were positive.
    But I think that saving a bit of money pales in comparison to getting the procedure done by a surgeon who has an excellent reputation, has been doing the technique for years and is renowned in his community.
    I did a fair amount of research..heard good things from people who had it done with him. Ultimately I saw no measurable difference between this doctor and an american one besides the price. In fact his staff was larger than most american HT doctors and since this is a labor intensive procedure having a flock of skilled nurses working is a plus. Its unreasonable to think that in a country of 100 million ppl and specifically in a city about 2 million that decent medical care wouldnt be available if you're willing to pay. 2500 is no small amount for a procedure even for an american doctor if he didnt have sky high insurance premiums, labor costs etc..so there is plenty of incentive to do a good job.
    Oh and the price difference was not "a bit of money" as you put it. It was the difference between getting the procedure or not getting it at all. I know how the procedure is supposed to go...I've watched dozens of them online so I wasnt simply putting blind faith in the doctor. I know he did the procedure correctly..and so in that regard research was very useful in letting me be in the drivers seat.

Ostensibly everything is great..however I'll save my glowing review for after the results come in.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterHair View Post
    Also I noticed you're Doctor went to medical school in Iran..not that that is a bad thing but to think that once one crosses the border into America that their level of care goes way up simply isnt true. America has plenty of crap doctors..plenty of scammers..plenty of bad and plenty of good.

Also I noticed you're Doctor went to medical school in Iran..not that that is a bad thing but to think that once one crosses the border into America that their level of care goes way up simply isnt true. America has plenty of crap doctors..plenty of scammers..plenty of bad and plenty of good.
    Sunfire, I wouldn’t worry about what others say at this point. You’ve had your procedure and it will hopefully turn out well. While most of the best doctors in the world are discussed on this site, and are members of the IAHRS, there are probably some great doctors around the world that no one has really heard of yet. Maybe you found one?

Don't let others bring you down, you’ll know soon enough if you made the right decision for you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

We walked through a pretty shabby neighborhood to get to Renovate Medical. Renovate Medical Center while better than the neighboring buildings was also quite shabby..not the Sleek modern beverly hills office you would associate with cosmetic surgery.
    Here are some Google Earth street view photos of the clinic from different angles.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice

Name:	front.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	32909   Click image for larger version

Name:	front2.jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	32910   Click image for larger version

Name:	front3.jpg

Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	32911   Click image for larger version

Name:	front4.jpg

Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	32912   Click image for larger version

Name:	front5.jpg

Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	32913  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Here are some Google Earth street view photos of the clinic from different angles.
    yeah thats what I said whats ur point?