+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunfire View Post
    yeah thats what I said whats ur point?
    I hope you get a great result. I grew up in Los Angeles and have visited Tijuana a few times and once even drove all the way down to Ensenada. In those days, Tijuana was a place where you would always bring your own food and water because of sanitation concerns.

Does the clinic have an autoclave? If not, how do they sterilize their surgical instruments? It is certainly true that terrible cosmetic surgery results can come from a Beverly Hills office. The appearance of this clinic doesn't inspire confidence. I posted it because I believe people need to see it and consider the safety of having a medical procedure there. If I were the doctor there, I would hire someone to keep the dumpster away from the front entry and keep the litter picked up in addition to keeping everything as clean and safe as possible.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Oh and the price difference was not "a bit of money" as you put it. It was the difference between getting the procedure or not getting it at all. I know how the procedure is supposed to go...I've watched dozens of them online so I wasnt simply putting blind faith in the doctor. I know he did the procedure correctly..and so in that regard research was very useful in letting me be in the drivers seat.

Ostensibly everything is great..however I'll save my glowing review for after the results come in.
    Hope you get the results you want . Your description of your journey was " different " to say the least

But there is a big difference between me and you seeing how a HT is done and a person actually doing one

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I hope you get a great result. I grew up in Los Angeles and have visited Tijuana a few times and once even drove all the way down to Ensenada. In those days, Tijuana was a place where you would always bring your own food and water because of sanitation concerns.

Does the clinic have an autoclave? If not, how do they sterilize their surgical instruments? It is certainly true that terrible cosmetic surgery results can come from a Beverly Hills office. The appearance of this clinic doesn't inspire confidence. I posted it because I believe people need to see it and consider the safety of having a medical procedure there. If I were the doctor there, I would hire someone to keep the dumpster away from the front entry and keep the litter picked up in addition to keeping everything as clean and safe as possible.
    wow you are really trying hard to discredit these guys..First of all that border is the most heavily crossed border in the world. Millions of Americans go back and forth every year. I live in San Diego, I'm Not Mexican and neither are any of my friends but we go pretty often specifically for the food. I don't know if your actually ignorant or being intentionally obtuse about mexico. As far as the dumpster I never seen one so that must not be the patient entrance...All dumpsters go somewhere. Although I described the building as shabby let me emphasizes that it was not dirty..I wouldn't risk having a surgery under unsanitary conditions. Everything was very clean. When I say shabby I was referring to the looks only..decor etc. Do they have an autoclave?? Of course they do what kind of question is that? I personally have an autoclave ..anyone with a few hundred dollars can have an autoclave.

wow you are really trying hard to discredit these guys..First of all that border is the most heavily crossed border in the world. Millions of Americans go back and forth every year. I live in San Diego, I'm Not Mexican and neither are any of my friends but we go pretty often specifically for the food. I don't know if your actually ignorant or being intentionally obtuse about mexico. As far as the dumpster I never seen one so that must not be the patient entrance...All dumpsters go somewhere. Although I described the building as shabby let me emphasizes that it was not dirty..I wouldn't risk having a surgery under unsanitary conditions. Everything was very clean. When I say shabby I was referring to the looks only..decor etc. Do they have an autoclave?? Of course they do what kind of question is that? I personally have an autoclave ..anyone with a few hundred dollars can have an autoclave.
    Sorry for the offense. Many people, including myself would not go to Tijuana for a medical procedure. Please post your results as they come in. Traditionally, you will see the best growth between the sixth and ninth month. I wish you the best, great growth and a natural result.

here r some pics from today ..day 8 post op..most of the scabs are gone and I didn't lose any grafts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg

Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	32992   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg

Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	32993   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg

Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	32994   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.jpg

Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	32995  

Doctor Representative

Also I noticed you're Doctor went to medical school in Iran..not that that is a bad thing but to think that once one crosses the border into America that their level of care goes way up simply isnt true. America has plenty of crap doctors..plenty of scammers..plenty of bad and plenty of good.
    My premise for picking Mohebi was not that "crossing a border to America increases level of care". I picked Dr. Parsa Mohebi as my HT Surgeon because of the following points:
    1) He practiced (and published) with Dr. Rassman who was one of the pioneers of modern hair transplantation.
    2) Dr. Mohebi has invented the Laxometer, a device that enables precise laxity measurements for FUT procedures; so I knew he could optimize the number of grafts that I get out my strip procedures while minimizing the size of my scars (I work in patent law and understand technology). The Steve Jobs quote rang true, "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
    3) I had noticed that Mohebi was very active in ISHRS, published papers under ISHRS, and was an avid lecturer and teacher to other HT surgeons. Leadership, teaching and publications imply mastery.
    4) I had read papers he published at Johns Hopkins (a great US medical school) pertaining to wound healing.
    5) I checked out his before / after results and met with a former patient of his.
    6) When I consulted with him, I got a feeling that he was compassionate, and at a gut-level I felt that I could trust him. Comparing him to other physicians I consulted with, I felt that he cared more about ME and MY GOALS more than my pockets.
    7) He was recommended by some websites that I trust.

In conclusion, my intelligence, research and gut have led me to pick and trust Parsa Mohebi with my hair restoration goals. If anyone uses the same devices to arrive at their choice of HT surgeon, whether in Tijuana or Abu Dhabi, then I congratulate you.

Lastly, Iranians (or Persians) have had a rich history of being innovators. Wasn't Zakariya Razi the discoverer of what we call 'rubbing alcohol'?
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012

Ok so the Islamic world was the most advanced in medicine in the Middle Ages ..not sure how that applies here...today Mexico is far more advanced than Iran..not to say ur doctor isn't great..my point is if the dr. Is good he's good..where he or she is isn't very important to me...I also spoke to former patients and I was satisfied with the doctor after speaking with him

Ok so the Islamic world was the most advanced in medicine in the Middle Ages ..not sure how that applies here...today Mexico is far more advanced than Iran..not to say ur doctor isn't great..my point is if the dr. Is good he's good..where he or she is isn't very important to me...I also spoke to former patients and I was satisfied with the doctor after speaking with him
    I agree and disagree. As I mentioned, a few American doctors have been butchering patients for decades. The important thing is finding not only a great doctor, but one with an excellent, competent surgery team. Safety is also important. For instance, I would give thoughtful consideration before visiting the best doctor if his office were in certain areas of Atlanta or Los Angeles.

U.S. Department of State Issued Travel Advisory

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I agree and disagree. As I mentioned, a few American doctors have been butchering patients for decades. The important thing is finding not only a great doctor, but one with an excellent, competent surgery team. Safety is also important. For instance, I would give thoughtful consideration before visiting the best doctor if his office were in certain areas of Atlanta or Los Angeles.

[URL="http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-california-travel/mexico-travel-warning.htm#.U6Q6DPldV8E"]U.S. Department of State Issued Travel Advisory
    As your link points out Tijuana is as dangerous as Philadelphia ...with Detroit ( where I was born) being much more dangerous.

So day 20 update...I'm entering the dreaded shed phase...The graft area is getting thinner. the grafted hairs are falling out and I think I have some shock loss of my original hairs. I knew it was coming but its still sucks..I had become attached to those glorious little hairs and I hoped i'd be the one in a million that doesnt shed but oh well. Also i began Fin a few days ago and started minoxidil yesterday. This could also be contributing to the shedding but I doubt they could have an effect so soon. Here are some pics of the ugliness that is my shed phase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1(1).jpg

Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	33249   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2(1).jpg

Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	33250   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3(1).jpg

Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	33251   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4(1).jpg

Size:	83.2 KB