Threaded View

Default Tijuana HT and Beyond

So I'm 30 years old. I'm about a norwood 3v and most of my hair loss took place in my late 20s which is when I started researching HT procedures. Living in California I first checked out some Doctors out here then inquired about some of the Canadian Doctors I've read about on this forum. Both were way out of my price range but the information I gather was that since I had such thick donor area and I didn't need a mega session the procedure would be pretty straight forward. I also settled on the FUT strip process since I know friends who have had the strip and others who had FUE..after a few months the FUT scars were undectectable and they seemed to me to have grown more hair than the FUE guys. I started reading about HT doctors on this and other sites. There was a lot of anti-mexican HT talk going around but usually not from patients who went there. I heard people complaining about stuff like the beds were uncomfortable..all that mattered to me were results. I narrowed it down to Dr. Alessandrini with Renovate Medical (also called Bajanor) and Dr. Hernandez with Neopel Clinic. They both seemed pretty comparable though Neopel was slightly more expensive and very slow to respond So I went with Dr. Alessandrini. I paid $2500 for what they approximated would be 2200 grafts. I was met at the mexican side of the san ysidro/tijuana border by the doctors son. We walked through a pretty shabby neighborhood to get to Renovate Medical. Renovate Medical Center while better than the neighboring buildings was also quite shabby..not the Sleek modern beverly hills office you would associate with cosmetic surgery. The facilities and amenities were not very modern and there was a pretty laid back atmosphere among the staff..at this point I was a bit worried. I soon met the doctor who was very professional calming and knew what he was talking about. The nurses were all super sweet...by the end of the day we were all friends. The actual procedure was smooth and painless. Since my donor area is dense and since I shmoozed the nurses all day they were able to retrieve and implant 2600 grafts..the extra grafts went to thickening between the crown and hairline. he crown was filled in with the 3-4 hair grafts while the 1s and 2s were used on the hairline mostly. All in All it was a good experience but what matters most now is the results. If the results turn out the way I think they will I'd gladly skip the formalities and marble counter-tops for a good affordable HT. This all happened yesterday so I'll post some pre-op and 1st day post op pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).jpg

Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	26565   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (5).jpg

Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	26566   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (6).jpg

Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	26567   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (7).jpg

Size:	60.2 KB