X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AfterHair
    Doctor Representative
    • May 2014

Originally posted by sunfire
    Also I noticed you're Doctor went to medical school in Iran..not that that is a bad thing but to think that once one crosses the border into America that their level of care goes way up simply isnt true. America has plenty of crap doctors..plenty of scammers..plenty of bad and plenty of good.
    My premise for picking Mohebi was not that "crossing a border to America increases level of care". I picked Dr. Parsa Mohebi as my HT Surgeon because of the following points:
    1) He practiced (and published) with Dr. Rassman who was one of the pioneers of modern hair transplantation.
    2) Dr. Mohebi has invented the Laxometer, a device that enables precise laxity measurements for FUT procedures; so I knew he could optimize the number of grafts that I get out my strip procedures while minimizing the size of my scars (I work in patent law and understand technology). The Steve Jobs quote rang true, "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
    3) I had noticed that Mohebi was very active in ISHRS, published papers under ISHRS, and was an avid lecturer and teacher to other HT surgeons. Leadership, teaching and publications imply mastery.
    4) I had read papers he published at Johns Hopkins (a great US medical school) pertaining to wound healing.
    5) I checked out his before / after results and met with a former patient of his.
    6) When I consulted with him, I got a feeling that he was compassionate, and at a gut-level I felt that I could trust him. Comparing him to other physicians I consulted with, I felt that he cared more about ME and MY GOALS more than my pockets.
    7) He was recommended by some websites that I trust.

In conclusion, my intelligence, research and gut have led me to pick and trust Parsa Mohebi with my hair restoration goals. If anyone uses the same devices to arrive at their choice of HT surgeon, whether in Tijuana or Abu Dhabi, then I congratulate you.

Lastly, Iranians (or Persians) have had a rich history of being innovators. Wasn't Zakariya Razi the discoverer of what we call 'rubbing alcohol'?
    AfterHair is a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi

AfterHair's regimen includes:
    HT #1 2710 grafts by Dr Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA in 2012
    Rogaine foam 2xdaily, since 2012
    Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012
    sigpic

Comment

• sunfire
      • Jun 2014

Ok so the Islamic world was the most advanced in medicine in the Middle Ages ..not sure how that applies here...today Mexico is far more advanced than Iran..not to say ur doctor isn't great..my point is if the dr. Is good he's good..where he or she is isn't very important to me...I also spoke to former patients and I was satisfied with the doctor after speaking with him

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sunfire
        Ok so the Islamic world was the most advanced in medicine in the Middle Ages ..not sure how that applies here...today Mexico is far more advanced than Iran..not to say ur doctor isn't great..my point is if the dr. Is good he's good..where he or she is isn't very important to me...I also spoke to former patients and I was satisfied with the doctor after speaking with him
        I agree and disagree. As I mentioned, a few American doctors have been butchering patients for decades. The important thing is finding not only a great doctor, but one with an excellent, competent surgery team. Safety is also important. For instance, I would give thoughtful consideration before visiting the best doctor if his office were in certain areas of Atlanta or Los Angeles.

U.S. Department of State Issued Travel Advisory
        Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• sunfire
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
          I agree and disagree. As I mentioned, a few American doctors have been butchering patients for decades. The important thing is finding not only a great doctor, but one with an excellent, competent surgery team. Safety is also important. For instance, I would give thoughtful consideration before visiting the best doctor if his office were in certain areas of Atlanta or Los Angeles.

[URL="http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-california-travel/mexico-travel-warning.htm#.U6Q6DPldV8E"]U.S. Department of State Issued Travel Advisory
          As your link points out Tijuana is as dangerous as Philadelphia ...with Detroit ( where I was born) being much more dangerous.

Comment

• sunfire
            • Jun 2014

So day 20 update...I'm entering the dreaded shed phase...The graft area is getting thinner. the grafted hairs are falling out and I think I have some shock loss of my original hairs. I knew it was coming but its still sucks..I had become attached to those glorious little hairs and I hoped i'd be the one in a million that doesnt shed but oh well. Also i began Fin a few days ago and started minoxidil yesterday. This could also be contributing to the shedding but I doubt they could have an effect so soon. Here are some pics of the ugliness that is my shed phase.
            Attached Files

Comment

• sunfire
              • Jun 2014

So we are in week 10. I went through heavy heavy shedding but I think I've finally begun to turn the corner past the ugly duckling phase. There is definitely new growth..it doesnt look great but its encouraging to see the hair come back. The crown was hit hardest by the shed and I dont see the new growth there but I do feel it. All in all i'd say im on track and its coming along well.
              Attached Files

Comment

• BolderBalder
                • Jan 2013

I think you get what you pay for...

I too opted to go with a lesser Known hair transplant team, here in Denver Colorado, rather than with Dr. Harris due to cost. In retrospect I would never do it again. I hope your results turn out better than mine, because I have been left with a fairly large FUT scar, along with a lot of scarring where the hairs were placed due to what I call "pock Marks" ie the holes where the hairs were placed seem too big and in bright light look wrong. I am a physician myself, an Internist, and I honestly had no idea just how big of a surgery FUT is. A lot of places try to minimize it as a "procedure" but the reality is that it is a surgery on your scalp that if not done by someone with immense experience, and an understanding of the subtleties of the art and science behind it you can be left scarred and worse off than you began. Im in the process of deciding about getting my second, much larger transplant through the hair sciences center in Denver, which I should have done in the first place, or having someone remove my FUT scar, and possibly correct the scarring at the recipient site so I can just go back to shaving my head. Going the cheap route was the worst decision of my life. I hope you have better results than I did, but if I could go back I would have gladly paid the 5 dollars per graft through HSC, rather than the 2$ grafts I got at the "other place".....

Comment

• sunfire
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by BolderBalder
                  I too opted to go with a lesser Known hair transplant team, here in Denver Colorado, rather than with Dr. Harris due to cost. In retrospect I would never do it again. I hope your results turn out better than mine, because I have been left with a fairly large FUT scar, along with a lot of scarring where the hairs were placed due to what I call "pock Marks" ie the holes where the hairs were placed seem too big and in bright light look wrong. I am a physician myself, an Internist, and I honestly had no idea just how big of a surgery FUT is. A lot of places try to minimize it as a "procedure" but the reality is that it is a surgery on your scalp that if not done by someone with immense experience, and an understanding of the subtleties of the art and science behind it you can be left scarred and worse off than you began. Im in the process of deciding about getting my second, much larger transplant through the hair sciences center in Denver, which I should have done in the first place, or having someone remove my FUT scar, and possibly correct the scarring at the recipient site so I can just go back to shaving my head. Going the cheap route was the worst decision of my life. I hope you have better results than I did, but if I could go back I would have gladly paid the 5 dollars per graft through HSC, rather than the 2$ grafts I got at the "other place".....
                  Ok we are past the lesser known better known BS now I'm just sharing my progress. Your dr must have sucked because I have no scarring in the transplanted area whatsoever..even my FUT scar after only 10 weeks takes some looking to find. Recently my mother who's a medical professional as well could barely find the scar without really digging around. Right now the only way you can tell I had a transplant I'd the little row of hairs forming my new hairline..and even then it's not obvious.

Comment

• sunfire
                    • Jun 2014

So 3 months and a week in. Things are really starting to accelerate quickly now. My hair looks different every week...especially my crown which has taken longer to see results. I've also included a picture of my scar which is healing really nicely...I can cut the sides at low as number 2 without the scar showing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• sunfire
                      • Jun 2014

coming on 5 months now...heres some pics
                      Attached Files

Comment

• tercex11
                        • Feb 2012

Sunrise, it is hard to see in the pics. Are you happy with your results so far? If so, the price you paid was a score.

Good luck.

Comment

• sunfire
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by tercex11
                          Sunrise, it is hard to see in the pics. Are you happy with your results so far? If so, the price you paid was a score.

Good luck.
                          Look at pics 1 and 4 on my last post compare those to my first pics on the first post..the change is pretty unreal..the last post isn't a good representation of the crown area since my hair was wet but trust me even my crown looks really good now..of course it's not 100% yet but at 5 months and it already looks like that ..I'm very happy so far....should I take more pics to give u a better look...any particular angle?

Comment

• DAVE52
                            • Sep 2010

clearer pics would help

Comment

• sunfire
                              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by DAVE52
                              clearer pics would help
                              As requested here's some clearer pics...dry and wet
                              Attached Files

Comment

• sunfire
                                • Jun 2014

Here are some side by side
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...