Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Laser caps?

They claim to regrow hair, I use to use the laser comb. I didn't see any regrowth, MAYBE thicker hair. It seems like they have improved these devices, I'm feeling desperate and might get one of these helmets if it were to stop or even help regrow a little.
  • Thinning87
    • Dec 2012

Don't get one have some self respect

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Laser anything for hair is just a fancy 21st century snake oil.

Like thinning87 said, have some self respect.

Comment

• JSD
        • Jun 2014

I wonder if it will be approved for grid use in Tron.

Comment

• mnhair
          • Sep 2013

It does make you hair thicker, but it also accelerates hair loss of the weak hairs that you have. As said above, snake oil.

Comment

• Vox
            • Jan 2013

Listen, I am NW7 and recently I noticed that a new hair (just 1 -one- hair) grew where I had a hairline in teen age. I was very much surprised. I used nothing on my bare scalp. And what to use anyway, there is nothing for this level of baldness. So, this means that a mini black hole from CERN accidentally flew over my head and by its strong tidal force, it pulled that hair out.

Yes, you guessed it, those creepy mini black holes created in the CERN experiments are much more effective than any laser of today.

Comment

• Hicks
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BoSox
              http://mobile.businessweek.com/artic...indiegogo-push

They claim to regrow hair, I use to use the laser comb. I didn't see any regrowth, MAYBE thicker hair. It seems like they have improved these devices, I'm feeling desperate and might get one of these helmets if it were to stop or even help regrow a little.
              Go for it. Let us know what you experience.

It's really hard to compare different caps/helmets. Same as PRP, makes sense but diffent Doctors use it differently. There is NO industry standard to what works the best heck you even have guys saying Fin doesn't work.

Comment

• Suffering2
                • Jun 2014

If you're already on fin+minox without results, go for it. Take pictures. I'm also considering a laser caps, but it is so damn expensive.

Comment

• Julian P
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                  Laser anything for hair is just a fancy 21st century snake oil.

Like thinning87 said, have some self respect.

So what do you make of these studies Bojac posted in the thread on the Igrow? Do you think they are fake or badly conducted?

Having used a Hairmax comb, without much effect, I'm quite sceptic too, but when I see these results I believe LLLT at least could do something.

Comment

• moore
                    • Jun 2012

"While applying lasers to the backs of shaven mice, Mester noticed that the shaved hair grew back more quickly on the treated group than the untreated group"

So basically Low Level Laser appears to alter growth speed. No mention whether it can reverse miniaturization and the associated fibrosis.

Guys, let's wake up. Those articles are written to mock bald people in general and specifically bald people who are desperate enough to try anything. Take them for what they are.

Comment

• Hicks
                      • Apr 2013

What are the approved FDA hairloss products?

Comment

• thechamp
                        • Jan 2011

Igrow laser works it's been FDA approved I have had results it works better than nizoral people here say laser is a scam user doke stopped his hair loss I stopped my hair loss and it's much thicker, it works best in conjunction with the big 3 but it works better than nizoral hands down enough said

Comment

• Jcm800
                          • Jan 2011

I see several on eBay,, I ask the seller's why they are selling them? The honest sellers say it's because they didn't see new hairs, but also say didn't use it often enough.. But I know what they're getting at ��

Comment

• garethbale
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
                            Igrow laser works it's been FDA approved I have had results it works better than nizoral people here say laser is a scam user doke stopped his hair loss I stopped my hair loss and it's much thicker, it works best in conjunction with the big 3 but it works better than nizoral hands down enough said
                            It hasn't been FDA approved. It's been FDA cleared and there is a massive difference.

Comment

• Hair Bear
                              • Feb 2012

I have been using the igrow once every second day on setting three in conjunction with foligain foam (minox) and can't say that I have seen any positive results yet but it has only been about a month and a half now.
                              The igrow helmet isn't too much of a bother and if you read the manual it states that once the desired results are achieved you may lower your frequency of usage.
                              The only thing I find annoying about the entire igrow task is that I have to pack it all up neatly in the box each time but that is purely a me thing as I am sure others don't go to that much effort as i do and have it on hand ready to go for use.

I find minox more of a fastidious task to be honest, morning and night not to mention the fact that it makes your hair all gummy if you do not wash it out and on the other hand if your hair is not gummy from build up it's all dry and straw like :/

Comment

Working...