+ Reply to Thread

Default Have we moved back?

Hey guys, how are you doing?

Very often I check on the forum to see the status of new possible treatments, and despite of trying to stay positive as time goes by I am getting more and more frustrated. I'm 23 years old and I do have some side effects due to finasteride, they come and go, but it really sucks. I am desperately waiting for something to come out so I can say to this ****ing drug "good-bye". But every time I check the forum I get more disappointed, so I was going to ask you guys, is it just me? or do you think that last year and two years ago we had more hope than today? I mean we all know what happened to Aderans, Histogen, now Follica... Replicel was my biggest hope and they are way behind on their clinical schedule.

If you can give me some perspective, hope or whatever you want you are welcome.

These kinds of posts are pretty redundant in that if you read just a few posts before yours you would have an answer. Basically as far as we know the closest thing to a cure will be creating new follicles and injecting them into your head. Histogen and CB are probably due out within 5 years time, and Replicel has just begun some new trials so you can expect their treatment to come out much later. Just skim through a couple of the other threads in the cutting edge section and you'll have all the info you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    These kinds of posts are pretty redundant in that if you read just a few posts before yours you would have an answer. Basically as far as we know the closest thing to a cure will be creating new follicles and injecting them into your head. Histogen and CB are probably due out within 5 years time, and Replicel has just begun some new trials so you can expect their treatment to come out much later. Just skim through a couple of the other threads in the cutting edge section and you'll have all the info you need.
    Hi, buddy.
    I don't think CB will be here by 2019. Maybe for acne but no for hairloss. I'd say 2022-24.
    Hugs anyway, man.