Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jorgeua
    • Jul 2009

Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment?

Any advice or personal experiences regarding hyperbaric oxygen treatment to help post-op healing after a hair transplant? Is this just hype or does it work? Is it worth the cost?
  • Mr. 4000
    • Jul 2009

that is crazy you mention this, I just received a booklet of oxyhealth's portables from a friend at my gym.

He is in his 50's and is in great shape for his age and does this all the time. He is the father of an NBA star. Funny as hell too.

I don't know what I think and for a HT I don't know if it will help. doesn't anyone use these things at all on here?

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

I offer this service to my patients. I do think it can speed up the healing process of any damaged tissue or wounds. I do not make patients feel that if they do not choose this option that the hair transplant will be any less successful, Unfortunetly, there are doctors out there who do this. I have seen no evidence over the years that the final results are effected by the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments in the immediate post operative period. There are some patients who choose this treatment option because they only have a coulpe days before they need to return to work, and others who just like to buy all the bells and whistles.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Mr. 4000
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
        I offer this service to my patients. I do think it can speed up the healing process of any damaged tissue or wounds. I do not make patients feel that if they do not choose this option that the hair transplant will be any less successful, Unfortunetly, there are doctors out there who do this. I have seen no evidence over the years that the final results are effected by the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments in the immediate post operative period. There are some patients who choose this treatment option because they only have a coulpe days before they need to return to work, and others who just like to buy all the bells and whistles.
        is there any evidence of this being beneficial for anything at all Doctor Charles.

I mean athletes are using this to heal faster but is it legit in other areas of the body?

I don't know what to think, is it real or a gimmick?

Comment

Working...