X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikecortez92
    • Mar 2013

21 Years And I Need Advice About My Hair

Greetings!

I am 21 years old and I'm trying to figure out how bad my hair loss is right now. I know there are those on this site worse than me but this is something I've been fairly obsessed about for a year now. I'd have gone to a dermatologist by now if I didn't live in Des Moines, IA (the closest thing we have is a hair transplant clinic that doesn't even offer miniaturization mapping). As far as I know from studying the Norwood chart, I may be a Norwood 2 but like I said, I don't know. People I have asked have told me that I have nothing to worry about Please give me idea of where I'm at?

I have always had a high hairline even as a child. As you will see, my forhead is absolutely massive. I haven't seen my dad since I was six but from what my mom tells me, my grand-dad had a full hairline even in his 60s and my dad had one when he was my age. I'm not sure based on my mother's side as her father died in a fishing boat accident when she was an infant. I have no definite family history to work with. But I do know that I have thick hair.

I will attach a variety of photos that will try to capture my current situation. I have longer hair but I am showing pictures of it wet (slicked back), pulled back, and as it normally looks.

Thank you all so much for your help. This is something that has been eating at me for a long time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140610_004035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	467067

Name:	20140606_213749.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	467068

Name:	20140610_004207.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	467069

Name:	20140513_141239.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	467070

Name:	20140610_003957.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	467071
  • Dan26
    • Jul 2012

dude your hair is super thick and only has slight thinning in the temples in the 1.5-2 area...I have friends with full heads who have the same thing (around ur age).

Just keep a close eye on it, if you notice any thinning in the back or any further thinning in the front, consider getting on fin.

Comment

• Alias123
      • Jan 2013

im in almost exact same situation as you, been using fin for 1.5 years now and its not getting any better...

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mikecortez92

I will attach a variety of photos that will try to capture my current situation. I have longer hair but I am showing pictures of it wet (slicked back), pulled back, and as it normally looks.

Thank you all so much for your help. This is something that has been eating at me for a long time.
        Your hair looks fine at this point in time in my view. Without a complete family history, it's more difficult to predict/estimate your hair's future. Find someone nearby offering HairCheck and keep an eye on your hair but try not to obsess. With the HairCheck numbers on file with the doctor, you can return in a few years for a comparison. If the doctor sees a change for the worse, consider Propecia and Rogaine.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
        forhair.com
        Cole Hair Transplant
        1070 Powers Place
        Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
        Phone 678-566-1011
        email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

Working...