+ Reply to Thread

Default 32 years old this is my hairloss story

Hi everyone, my name is Fran, I’m from Nicaragua, first of all excuse me for my english, isn't my mother language. When I was 20 I realized I was losing hair and I thought it was for my long hair. At age 26 I cut my hair and noticed that hair still falling but I didn’t worry about it because my hair was thick and i didn't see any change in my head (still full of hair).

Two years ago (30 years old) I noticed that my hair was getting thinner, so I started looking for information and i had to accept that I had alopecia and inherited from my maternal grandfather. My father and all his family they aren’t bald, I am the only one.

So, since 2 years ago I started to use rogaine (no side effects), I just use it once daily because bring rogaine to Nicaragua is very expensive. The customs of my country charges a high tax and total cost me $75 a 3 month supply (amazon price $40+$35 customs tax). My hair still falls but not like before, if I use minoxidil twice daily can I get better results?

I’ve seen reviews from kirkland and some people says it works, The kirkland minoxidil six months supply cost $26.5 at amazon(very tempting price), If I switch to kirkland that will cause shedding? Or can I mix the treatments? Use kirkland in the morning and use rogaine at night???

I will appreciate any opinion and thanks for reading my post and again excuse me for my english.

Note: I don’t use any other treatment only minoxidil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo01-may2012.jpg

Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	26519

Name:	photo02-may2012.jpg

Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	26520

Name:	photo03-may2014.jpg

Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	26521

Name:	photo04-may2014.jpg

Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	26522

Name:	photo05-may2014.jpg

Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	26523

Default Screwed

At 32 years old, I would say that you are pretty much screwed.

You may be able to go to a hair transplant surgeon, but I doubt there would be enough donor hair for you to do anything.

I believe your best option is to shave your head. Embrace the bald look. Perhaps grow a goatee. If you are a fit individual, you might want to get at least a brown or green belt in martial arts.

If you can't embrace the bald look, You could potentially consider an Mars or Antarctica expedition. At least you could leave your stamp on society without subjecting women to your hideous norwood 8 look.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
    At 32 years old, I would say that you are pretty much screwed.

You may be able to go to a hair transplant surgeon, but I doubt there would be enough donor hair for you to do anything.

I believe your best option is to shave your head. Embrace the bald look. Perhaps grow a goatee. If you are a fit individual, you might want to get at least a brown or green belt in martial arts.

If you can't embrace the bald look, You could potentially consider an Mars or Antarctica expedition. At least you could leave your stamp on society without subjecting women to your hideous norwood 8 look.

Best of luck!
    Don't listen to this troll, it's obvious he doesn't know much about hair loss if he is telling you that you are screwed even though you have a full head of hair. There are many more out there that have started balding at much earlier ages such as 17 or 18. Try taking finasteride, since it's much more effective in preventing further hairloss and may help by regrowing some hair as well. As for changing minoxidil brands, I don't think it will increase shedding if they are both the same concentrations, but again this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    Don't listen to this troll, it's obvious he doesn't know much about hair loss if he is telling you that you are screwed even though you have a full head of hair. There are many more out there that have started balding at much earlier ages such as 17 or 18. Try taking finasteride, since it's much more effective in preventing further hairloss and may help by regrowing some hair as well. As for changing minoxidil brands, I don't think it will increase shedding if they are both the same concentrations, but again this is just my opinion.
    Wow. Nice advice. Do you work for Merck or are you mildly retarded?

I'm going to guess the latter.

I guess we all see things differently
    I don't see any significant hair loss - which is probably why there was a sarcastic response

Quote Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
    Wow. Nice advice. Do you work for Merck or are you mildly retarded?

I'm going to guess the latter.
    Of course I work for Merck, seeing how I basically told him to buy GENERIC products and not specifically referring to those made by the company I apparently work for. In response for calling me retarded, well it's pretty ironic considering it's coming from the guy who's giving advise on planning a trip to Mars. The OP asked for advise and not a troll session which is obviously something you specialize in. Practically everyone who's knowledgeable in hairloss knows that the only real treatments we have now are Finasteride and Minoxidil.

As for your mental state, it's unfortunate we don't have a special diagnosis for asshole in the DSM, so I guess there are no ways to combat your illness.