+ Reply to Thread

Default Post Finasteride Testicular Pain

Hello. So I made the decision to try finasteride (1mg/day) about three weeks ago and after taking 1mg per day for 14 days began to notice that I was urinating more frequently. As such, I decided to stop taking the drug. Tomorrow will be one-weak post quitting. Since stopping, my urinary frequency seems to have returned to normal, but four days ago I began to have testicular pain. The pain started out as a dull ache, but last evening I began experiencing more pronounced pain in my left testicle. The pain switched from a dull ache in both testicles to a more sharp, intermittent (approximately 7-10 seconds in between 'spurts') pain solely in my left testicle. The pain lasted throughout the night and has continued into the morning. Needless to say I got very little sleep. After looking at some of the posts about this issue on propeciahlep.com I am freaking out a bit. Has anyone else experienced this same issue with the similar time frame? I know there have been instances of this with others, but it seems to be more common in longer-term users. At this point, is this issue something I should be concerned about? Is the issue likely to get worse, better or remain persistent? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Default groin pain

I have been on dutasteride .(stronger then propecia). for 10 years .Grew my crown back fully .but not my hairline . I cycle it ,I stay on it for about 10 months then stop for about 3 months .each time I stop I get that pain for about 2 weeks ,then when I go on it back on it. its, the same thing ,this is the only side effect that I have had nothing else no other problems ,to me its normal .all meds have sides over the counter or not .but I have been fine .Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Xfile View Post
    I have been on dutasteride .(stronger then propecia). for 10 years .Grew my crown back fully .but not my hairline . I cycle it ,I stay on it for about 10 months then stop for about 3 months .each time I stop I get that pain for about 2 weeks ,then when I go on it back on it. its, the same thing ,this is the only side effect that I have had nothing else no other problems ,to me its normal .all meds have sides over the counter or not .but I have been fine .Good luck to you
    bro did it atleast stop further recession for your hairline ? or are u gonna get an HT to fill that in?

Thanks for the reply X. The pain/ache seems to have, for the most part, subsided; slept like a baby last night. I think I got a bit worked up after reading the horror stories on propeciahelp.com. I tend toward hypochondria at times and reading the posts at the aforementioned certainly did not help in that regard. I guess I'm still undecided on fin's risk/reward profile. Thanks again.

Yes. it did continue thinning in the front ,even though I grew the crown back .This is the average response for most people .but I looked at it as my glass being half full. now ,instead of what would be all empty .So I got a FUE with a very respected doctor for the front .this together gave me I nice looking full head of hair .that I am able to maintain today .after 10 years .not worrying about the crown is huge in many ways.

I can't help but wonder why you cycle on and off of dutasteride. That can't help maintain your hair. Do you ever experience a shed during those intervals?

Default dutasteride

Hey Win. I cycle it because I like to give my body a break from it, for a few months . I never did experience any sheds from it .at least visually noticeable sheds. I only started to cycle it the past couple of years If you just started taking it I would stay on it way longer then a year before doing this. .I went up to 6 months without it, from my usually 3 months this year, just got lazy and I noticed my crown started thinning again ,but I started to recovered after about 4 months back on .also Dutasteride keeps your DHT levels low for many weeks after you stop taking it .but lowers DHT levels within 24 hrs when you start taking it

Yes. it did continue thinning in the front ,even though I grew the crown back .This is the average response for most people .but I looked at it as my glass being half full. now ,instead of what would be all empty .So I got a FUE with a very respected doctor for the front .this together gave me I nice looking full head of hair .that I am able to maintain today .after 10 years .not worrying about the crown is huge in many ways.
    wow nice man!

if you dont mind answering, how old were u when u started dut? and how much of your hairline did you lose? ie go from nw1 to nw3 nw2 to nw4 etc

thanks man

started losing hair about 27 . got on dutasteride at 34 noticed a norwood 5 pattern at 34 .grew the crown back ..but continued loosing in the front from hairline to about 4-5 inches back except for a small area right in the front of hair line