+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplant in Northern Ireland, or travel?

Hi,

Firstly, I'm new to the forum (just discovered it recently and am loving all of the advice, updates, pics and videos etc).

I'm just looking some advice. I'm 30 year old male, my receeding hairline began when I was about 21 and has continued ever since. My crown also appears to be losing too.

Anyway, I've been saving for the past 3 years and finally now have enough to go through with an FUE HT. My only problem is that I have never heard of anybody praising the work of any doctor based in Northern Ireland. I am wondering if anybody has had work done here that they are extremely happy with and who the doctor was (or atleast which clinic it was)?

I have contacted the Glasgow Clinic (I've seen the two Celtic footballers who have recently gone public about their HT and who had the procedure done at this clinic and they seemed very happy with the experience - although as it was only recently, it's too early to say how good theirs will look). They did an initial free online consultation and looked at pics I sent and said they would estimate a HT of 2,200 grafts.

My problem is the travelling/time off work to travel. It would be much easier and more convenient if there was a reputable doctor here in NI which would save money and would also mean that I wouldn't need to take additional days leave.

If not, can someone point me in the right direction? I would be willing to travel anywhere in UK if there is nobody in NI who could do it. Is there a general consenus that one surgery/doctor is the better or who has a better success rate (if we're allowed to discuss that on the forums - if not then feel free to ignore this question).

There's so much information out there I just feel that I'm looking for a needle in a haystack and it's very hard to choose one surgery over another. And as I wont be able to have this kind of money again for many years, I want to make sure I'm going to the best who will do the best job possible.

Many thanks for an help that may come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140608_200847.jpg

Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	26476  

Turkey is the cheapest/best value hair transplant. probably equivalent to 1 pound per graft(I live in Canada so I'm not sure of the conversion, it's about $2 per graft in CAD money in Turkey).

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for the information. But I'm more concerned with who is the best surgeon in NI/UK rather than the cheapest.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperingGhost View Post
    Hi,

Firstly, I'm new to the forum (just discovered it recently and am loving all of the advice, updates, pics and videos etc).

I'm just looking some advice. I'm 30 year old male, my receeding hairline began when I was about 21 and has continued ever since. My crown also appears to be losing too.

Anyway, I've been saving for the past 3 years and finally now have enough to go through with an FUE HT. My only problem is that I have never heard of anybody praising the work of any doctor based in Northern Ireland. I am wondering if anybody has had work done here that they are extremely happy with and who the doctor was (or atleast which clinic it was)?

I have contacted the Glasgow Clinic (I've seen the two Celtic footballers who have recently gone public about their HT and who had the procedure done at this clinic and they seemed very happy with the experience - although as it was only recently, it's too early to say how good theirs will look). They did an initial free online consultation and looked at pics I sent and said they would estimate a HT of 2,200 grafts.

My problem is the travelling/time off work to travel. It would be much easier and more convenient if there was a reputable doctor here in NI which would save money and would also mean that I wouldn't need to take additional days leave.

If not, can someone point me in the right direction? I would be willing to travel anywhere in UK if there is nobody in NI who could do it. Is there a general consenus that one surgery/doctor is the better or who has a better success rate (if we're allowed to discuss that on the forums - if not then feel free to ignore this question).

There's so much information out there I just feel that I'm looking for a needle in a haystack and it's very hard to choose one surgery over another. And as I wont be able to have this kind of money again for many years, I want to make sure I'm going to the best who will do the best job possible.

Many thanks for an help that may come!
    Dr. Cole likes Dr. Jose Lorenzo. He can do your hair transplant at the Farjo Hair Institute located (according to their Website) on Quay Street in Manchester. We know Lorenzo does great work but I know nothing about the Farjo clinic. If you decide to go that route, don't accept any substitutes. Go with Lorenzo and don't allow yourself to be talked into another doctor or any kind of robotic surgery. This is important, so stick to that and you'll be OK.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Dr. Cole likes Dr. Jose Lorenzo. He can do your hair transplant at the Farjo Hair Institute located (according to their Website) on Quay Street in Manchester. We know Lorenzo does great work but I know nothing about the Farjo clinic. If you decide to go that route, don't accept any substitutes. Go with Lorenzo and don't allow yourself to be talked into another doctor or any kind of robotic surgery. This is important, so stick to that and you'll be OK.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Hi, and thank you for your advice. Very helpful and sets me on my next track! I appreciate it

Whispering Ghost,

Welcome to the forum. I have not heard of a clinic or surgeon in NI doing decent work so I think you can rule out that as a possibility. There is a clinic in Ireland called Black rock that does good work and has also been promoting some celebrities but it seems you need a celebrity wallet to match their prices.

For the UK there are a few clinics now to choose from like Farjo for one my advice would be to take a clear range of photos and send to these clinics for an online recommendation like you did with the Glasgow clinic. That way you will get a feel for how their handle your emails and questions. From there you would then be best to schedule some in house consultations with the ones that you have a good feeling about.

Research the patient results areas of forums like this and others to see patients results and blogs to get a good understanding of what you can expect from your procedure. Work out what your expectations are and find out most importantly what your donor is like and the likely progression of hair loss. Are you taking medication to prevent further loss? Donor management is critical before undergoing a procedure.

There are some good clinics in Belgium worth considering when you send out your photos for online consults.

I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by garageland View Post
    Whispering Ghost,

Welcome to the forum. I have not heard of a clinic or surgeon in NI doing decent work so I think you can rule out that as a possibility. There is a clinic in Ireland called Black rock that does good work and has also been promoting some celebrities but it seems you need a celebrity wallet to match their prices.

For the UK there are a few clinics now to choose from like Farjo for one my advice would be to take a clear range of photos and send to these clinics for an online recommendation like you did with the Glasgow clinic. That way you will get a feel for how their handle your emails and questions. From there you would then be best to schedule some in house consultations with the ones that you have a good feeling about.

Research the patient results areas of forums like this and others to see patients results and blogs to get a good understanding of what you can expect from your procedure. Work out what your expectations are and find out most importantly what your donor is like and the likely progression of hair loss. Are you taking medication to prevent further loss? Donor management is critical before undergoing a procedure.

There are some good clinics in Belgium worth considering when you send out your photos for online consults.

I wish you all the best.
    Hi Garageland, and thanks for the welcome I've been lurking for a while and found it so interesting to hear of others going through exactly what I am and equally as encouraging seeing those take the plunge and go through with their transplants and watch the progress.
    Can I ask what the best medication to take is? I've heard a few different products mentioned. I wad thinking of Regain - is this sufficient enough? And how long would you advise use of this prior to undergoing the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

I think if you're planning to get the best result, it's better to consider traveling. I'm a huge fan of traveling, so I'd say that combining business with pleasure is a good option. It's definitely worth thinking about, just think how good your trip can be. From the link, you can also find a good food tour to fully immerse yourself in a different culture, and getting the best experience possible won't be a problem.