+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Yeah, Cots said the same back in 2007/8.
    Feels like science has failed us.I've been around boards like this for a long time. A very long time - over ten years. And i've never felt as bad about the prospect of a good treatment or cure as i do now.

It's over johnny, it's over.
    A little history of FDA approval:

Minoxidil high blood pressure treatment FDA approved March 3, 1987
    Minoxidil (for men) 2% FDA approved April 5, 1996
    Men's Rogaine FDA approved January 20, 2006

In 1992, finasteride (5 mg) was approved by the FDA for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which Merck marketed under the brand name Proscar.
    In 1997, Merck was successful in obtaining FDA approval for a second indication of finasteride (1 mg) for treatment of male pattern baldness (MPB), which was marketed under the brand name Propecia.

Latisse treatment for improved eyelash growth (bimatoprost) FDA approved Dec 24, 2008
    Lumigan (bimatoprost) high eye pressure medication FDA approved August 31, 2010

A better treatment for Male Pattern Baldness than finasteride may already exist in one less refined form or another. It's the approved, boxed versions that often take forever.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    A little history of FDA approval:

Minoxidil high blood pressure treatment FDA approved March 3, 1987
    Minoxidil (for men) 2% FDA approved April 5, 1996
    Men's Rogaine FDA approved January 20, 2006

In 1992, finasteride (5 mg) was approved by the FDA for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which Merck marketed under the brand name Proscar.
    In 1997, Merck was successful in obtaining FDA approval for a second indication of finasteride (1 mg) for treatment of male pattern baldness (MPB), which was marketed under the brand name Propecia.

Latisse treatment for improved eyelash growth (bimatoprost) FDA approved Dec 24, 2008
    Lumigan (bimatoprost) high eye pressure medication FDA approved August 31, 2010

A better treatment for Male Pattern Baldness than finasteride may already exist in one less refined form or another. It's the approved, boxed versions that often take forever.
    There is a world outside of USA's borders, ya know?

It's not like USA is the only country that can release treatments.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

I didn't know that... Thanks for enlightening me

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

All kidding aside, one example is ReCell. I have been in contact with a ReCell patient who had his donor area scars treated. He sent me some clear photos of his donor with his head shaved down and I can't see any evidence of scarring. ReCell is pending FDA approval in the US but is available in Europe.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    All kidding aside, one example is ReCell. I have been in contact with a ReCell patient who had his donor area scars treated. He sent me some clear photos of his donor with his head shaved down and I can't see any evidence of scarring. ReCell is pending FDA approval in the US but is available in Europe.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    True. As an example they recently announced about the bionic pump that servers to replace pancreas for type 1 diabetes sufferers. This a qute one user said which is apt when FDA comes to mind:
    While this is a great achievement, we are very far from the FDA approving anything like it for use in the US. Europe is already three years ahead of us on pump and CGM technology, mainly because the CE has a faster approval process than the FDA.

For example, the Animas Vibe integrated pump and CGM was approved by the CE in June of 2011. The FDA has yet to approve it despite three years of real world data showing that it is extremely safe.
    Some of us want something new, effective with proven safety and we would be willing to try it. So yeah that is why I have no doubt that Replicel could come inside 5 years (Shiseido in Far East). The only problem is effectivity!

Where can I find replicels's phase 1 results?

First forgive my English I'm Spanish. According desmond leo conversation that he had with the dr told him that Costarelis 2 million dollars one could do better than minox and finasteride. The question is what we are all desperate, going over and over in the forum, looking for clinical trials testing drugs even some people not APPROVED. It would not be reasonable to launch a kickstarter where everyone put € 200 and achieve fast Correria 10,000 sucripciones like wildfire through the forums around the world if there were a guarantee behind it costarelis.
    Think it would be nice to know as of today we have something better than minox and finasteride and maybe no side effects and hence move forward to complete healing in January 2016.

I know tachareis me crazy but I also know that you would give you all the 200 euros delighted now to end this.

Quote Originally Posted by lupero83 View Post
    First forgive my English I'm Spanish. According desmond leo conversation that he had with the dr told him that Costarelis 2 million dollars one could do better than minox and finasteride. The question is what we are all desperate, going over and over in the forum, looking for clinical trials testing drugs even some people not APPROVED. It would not be reasonable to launch a kickstarter where everyone put € 200 and achieve fast Correria 10,000 sucripciones like wildfire through the forums around the world if there were a guarantee behind it costarelis.
    Think it would be nice to know as of today we have something better than minox and finasteride and maybe no side effects and hence move forward to complete healing in January 2016.

I know tachareis me crazy but I also know that you would give you all the 200 euros delighted now to end this.
    !. Firstly, the people at the hair websites are unreliable.

2. Cotseralis might not be telling the truth. He might not really have a treatment that is significantly better than minoxidil + propecia that could be released so soon. If he was telling the truth why wouldn't Follica just finish bringing it to market? If they had a treatment that is significantly better than minoxidil + propecia and they brought it to market they could make money from it.

3. Anyway, if they really do have such a treatment, and if they would prove it to us, and make guarantees, then I would definitely chip in $200.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Anyway, if they really do have such a treatment, and if they would prove it to us, and make guarantees, then I would definitely chip in $200.
    LOL @ chipping in a measly $200.00. Cotsarelis would blow his nose with that.