+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What Treatments are we going to have?

Is there any treatment that is going to be out in two years according to WCHR 2014?

Thank you!

Bottom Line: No. Probably not even in the next 5. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Is there any treatment that is going to be out in two years according to WCHR 2014?

Thank you!
    Would only be possible if clinical trials were to start today in Japan with a conditional commercial release in regards to the new regulation for stem cell treatments. Having said that, Replicel is starting phase II trials this year... who knows if they'd be willing to go commercial within 2 years.

Histogen isn't a stem cell therapy so thats out of the question but they only have one more clinical trial for a release in Asia.

Follica needs phase III trials to start and finish, it may be possible for them to finish them within 2 years but then of course will be a waiting period from the shitheads at the FDA that will hold it back for god knows how long.

However..... things always get delayed, so don't expect any miracles.

Dr. Cotsarelis has already told us that trials are not going forward because they don't have the funding.

Thinking that he has some ace in his pocket and is just keeping things under wrap is just very wishful thinking Hellouser. You should stop saying that Follica is near a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    Dr. Cotsarelis has already told us that trials are not going forward because they don't have the funding.
    This isn't exactly true.

Thinking that he has some ace in his pocket and is just keeping things under wrap is just very wishful thinking Hellouser. You should stop saying that Follica is near a cure.
    I never said Follica is near a cure. I have said that Follica is near finishing trials... because they are.

What exactly is Follica in trials with?

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    What exactly is Follica in trials with?
    Even that is a mystery, lol. All we know is that they finished Phase II last year, which is confirmed on Puretech Ventures website. We know it involves some kind of wounding and injection of SOME growth factors or other 'known' chemicals.

Also, here's what Desmond mentioned earlier with his talk with Dr. Cotsarelis:

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    And now, as you requested I tracked down Dr Cotsarelis at the end of today and had a chat with him about the burning matters. Again he did not want to go on camera for reasons already mentioned but was glad to talk face to face. So here's what he had to say:

1) Follica's phase 2 trial completed recently with promising results. But they have insufficient funds to continue with further trials. So at this point everything has been put on hold.

2) When I asked him if the rumours were true that the company that conducted the trials on behalf of Follica was found to falsify data and is being sued. He laughed and denied any such matters. So the data they collected is definitely valid I suppose.

3) I brought up the crowdfunding idea particularly with regards to Follica and he said the amount necessary is quite large. So I insisted on an actual amount and here's what he said: "US $2 million would bring out a product that would be more effective than Minoxidil and Propecia but would not give a bald person a full head of hair. US $20 million will provide the kind of funding necessary to give someone who is already bald a full head of hair but it will take more years to accomplish".

4) Also he did say that a full blown cure using Follica's method for an already bald person is still many years away.

5) Regarding the PGD2 approach and the current blockers that are in trials, i mentioned how they are failing to show much benefit in Asthma and trials are being stopped one at a time he seemed very optimistic and believed that is a great thing for hair because companies in general try to keep the number of trials to the minimum. The more trials you do the greater the chances for an adverse effect to be found. He believes that is the best thing that could have happened and may finally give these companies enough willpower to start a trial in hair regeneration.

6) And finally I brought up fgf9 and its potentials. He believes fgf9 is still a very new discovery with many years of preclinical research ahead of it, when I asked for an estimated date he said at least 10 years. He then went on to mention that just to go from Rogaine liquid to Rogaine foam it took the company over 8 years of studies and data collection before they were allowed to sell it and Minoxidil has been on the market for many years. Now imagine if we are trying to bring out a completely new agent. The timeframes are quite long indeed.

So all in all, Dr Cotsarelis seemed less enthusiastic than some of the others but I guess we kind of had gathered that with Follica being silent for extended periods at a time.
    You know, even if they did need $2 million... any treatment today thats better than Minox or Fin is a god damn blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Would only be possible if clinical trials were to start today in Japan with a conditional commercial release in regards to the new regulation for stem cell treatments. Having said that, Replicel is starting phase II trials this year... who knows if they'd be willing to go commercial within 2 years.

Histogen isn't a stem cell therapy so thats out of the question but they only have one more clinical trial for a release in Asia.

Follica needs phase III trials to start and finish, it may be possible for them to finish them within 2 years but then of course will be a waiting period from the shitheads at the FDA that will hold it back for god knows how long.

However..... things always get delayed, so don't expect any miracles.
    Replicel isnīt sarting any trials in Japan, Shiseido is...with Replicels technique of course. Why shouldnīt they release a product after the short new regulated phase 2? they can still continue and improve their technique and release again as a final product. Replicel gets a nice percentage of the cash anyway so makes total sense. And why are people suspicious of Replicel anyway. For people that dislike finesteride/minoxidil that much, just like myself, their phase 1 results are awesome.

I wonder if this thread as opposed to basically the exact same one started a few days ago will cause the cure to appear any faster.

REALITY time. Nothing is coming to market within 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    I wonder if this thread as opposed to basically the exact same one started a few days ago will cause the cure to appear any faster.

REALITY time. Nothing is coming to market within 2 years.
    In case you did not notice, this is a forum.