+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

This message can be very repetitive, as i do not read everything in the forum, but, what do you think about a crowfunding for Follica?

We know we will have some interesting and powerful treatments in 5 years or so, we have seen some research about CB-03-01... But some people here with AGA cannot deal with finasteride and anti-androgens like that because the bad sides... Im trying to make my hair loss slowler with minox... But this is not eternal, as my hairline is receding.

I think we should help bringing that "bridge-medicine" that keeps our hair (or improve it) until we have the future treatments... A medicine or treatment without bad sides. I know is not perfect, but for all those young people dealing with aga would be amazing.

Young people with AGA need it... Some of us are nw2-4. Freezing our AGA and recovering part of our hairline is necessary, we cannot wait 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelopeleon View Post
    This message can be very repetitive, as i do not read everything in the forum, but, what do you think about a crowfunding for Follica?

We know we will have some interesting and powerful treatments in 5 years or so, we have seen some research about CB-03-01... But some people here with AGA cannot deal with finasteride and anti-androgens like that because the bad sides... Im trying to make my hair loss slowler with minox... But this is not eternal, as my hairline is receding.

I think we should help bringing that "bridge-medicine" that keeps our hair (or improve it) until we have the future treatments... A medicine or treatment without bad sides. I know is not perfect, but for all those young people dealing with aga would be amazing.

Young people with AGA need it... Some of us are nw2-4. Freezing our AGA and recovering part of our hairline is necessary, we cannot wait 5-6 years.
    I think crowdfuning for Follica is a good idea if the following is correct:

* They really have a treatment that only needs a 6 month or 1 year phase 3 to do.

* Follica will try to get the FDA to go along with the final study being only a 6-month study and no more than a 1 year study, and Follica will agree to release the treatment in one geographical location in the western hemisphere where it would be legal to do so, such as some Caribbean country.

* That treatment is siginificantly more effective than Rogaine + Propecia or even Rogaine + Dutasteride.

* The crowdfunding money will go to that treatment that only requires a phase 3 study.

* It's common for companies to release some information to investors so we would want to be able to see some of the data so we can verify the information Follica gives us.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I think crowdfuning for Follica is a good idea if the following is correct:

* They really have a treatment that only needs a 6 month or 1 year phase 3 to do.

* Follica will try to get the FDA to go along with the final study being only a 6-month study and no more than a 1 year study, and Follica will agree to release the treatment in one geographical location in the western hemisphere where it would be legal to do so, such as some Caribbean country.

* That treatment is siginificantly more effective than Rogaine + Propecia or even Rogaine + Dutasteride.

* The crowdfunding money will go to that treatment that only requires a phase 3 study.

* It's common for companies to release some information to investors so we would want to be able to see some of the data so we can verify the information Follica gives us.
    -We need to know the required time to develop the phase III

-As that treatment has a similar effect (or more powerful) in the hair as finasteride, without sides, and you can mix with the "big three", it would be enough for now until CB-03-01, replicel and so. In fact, some people using finasteride keep their hariline freezed during years...

-As money here is now the only obstacle, i think so too.

-Yes, some people have some knowledge about follica and their research, they could get some more information and give us a clue about what we can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    What exactly is Follica in trials with?
    Their primary interest is to induce de-novo morphogenesis, but they have never achieved this obviously, way too complicated and even Cotsarelis himself says FGF9 is just in PRE-clinical trials. It is very interesting but extremely hard to achieve.

What they did in phase 2 is most likely dermabrasion, applying a hydrogel thereafter and then most likely adding a gsk3b inhibitor (induce WNT) or minoxidil or whatever. YES obviously this will grow hair! But isn't something spectacular and far from the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Their primary interest is to induce de-novo morphogenesis, but they have never achieved this obviously, way too complicated and even Cotsarelis himself says FGF9 is just in PRE-clinical trials. It is very interesting but extremely hard to achieve.

What they did in phase 2 is most likely dermabrasion, applying a hydrogel thereafter and then most likely adding a gsk3b inhibitor (induce WNT) or minoxidil or whatever. YES obviously this will grow hair! But isn't something spectacular and far from the cure.
    Is that dermabrasion dangerous for the "healthy" hair near the areas where you want to grow hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelopeleon View Post
    Is that dermabrasion dangerous for the "healthy" hair near the areas where you want to grow hair?
    I don't know. What they did is firstly this trial;

(2a? or 1) https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1339937980216.pdf N=33

Then they followed it up with dermabrasion (wounding) plus lithium (gsk3b) inhibitor.

Patent;

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/e...PCTDescription

Why is everyone even counting on follica? I don't really know what there is so excited about, no wonder he lacks funding .

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post

they did grew new hair follicle on a human scalp. I remember reading an interview with cotseralis that the hairs behave like the surrounding ones hence, no cosmetically efficient results. he even said he thinks estrogen application might interfere with the process and lead the follicle to think they are female hair follicles hence terminal hair. here is a link to one interview he mentions estrogen http://www.aad.org/dw/monthly/2012/j...lopecia-#page1 , but I cant find the one that he says that application of estrogen might turn the new follciles to female follicles

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    This isn't exactly true.

I never said Follica is near a cure. I have said that Follica is near finishing trials... because they are.
    I was under the impression that you think that if Follica finished their trials, they would effectively have a cure. I don't know where you get the notion that Follica is near finishing trials. Dr.Cotsarelis has told Desmond they need money to move on with trials. And just from the way he was talking to Desmond--2 million for something as good as finasteride, 20 million for cure--is pretty telling that he has nothing, or for whatever reason, investors are not on board.

That PureTech ventures pipeline website hasn't been updated in ages and is probably not even accurate. I think its just a quickly put together infographic meant to say "Hey look at us, look at all this stuff we got going on" and nothing more.

Unhappy

Thank you all for your responses...

It's sad, to see that most discoveries and findings won't be a reality until 30-40 years from now..
    At least we are not fooled into thinking that next treatment is five years away.
    It seems like Minoxidil and Propecia will still be our best option for several decades..
    I stopped getting excited from discoveries, i will only get excited when i will have a working product in my hands..

Anyway, we should move on and live our lives before its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    I was under the impression that you think that if Follica finished their trials, they would effectively have a cure. I don't know where you get the notion that Follica is near finishing trials. Dr.Cotsarelis has told Desmond they need money to move on with trials. And just from the way he was talking to Desmond--2 million for something as good as finasteride, 20 million for cure--is pretty telling that he has nothing, or for whatever reason, investors are not on board.
    How much closer to completion would they need to be in order for you to say 'they're closer' if all they've got left is a Phase III trial?

That PureTech ventures pipeline website hasn't been updated in ages and is probably not even accurate. I think its just a quickly put together infographic meant to say "Hey look at us, look at all this stuff we got going on" and nothing more.
    That is definitely NOT a 'quickly put together infographic'. If you're going to say that, you may as well make the same statement about the entire website.

Follica IS close to a commercial treatment. This isn't even up for debate.

Whether or not they're actually going to run the trial, is another discussion.