+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bad Online Finasteride Pills! Please Help!

I recently purchased 3 strips of fin at Inhousepharmacy and 6 strips from United Pharmacy since the price was a bit cheaper.

I recieved the fin from both places at the same time. I started with the Inhousepharmacy for the first month and they worked perfectly!

But for the past 2 weeks I've been on the pills from United Pharmacy and they aren't working at all. I've been shedding so much hair that I know the pills are fake.

I've ordered more from Inhousepharmacy but its going to take over 2 weeks to arrive!! My hair is already looking and feeling horrible since I've been technically off fin for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-07-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

Are you on generics? Sometimes what can happen is when you switch from one kind of generic to another kind you'll experience a shed. Can't say exactly why but that's what can happen at times. Consistency really is key, try to stick to the same brand. I'm not sure about united pharmacy and the fake pills, i haven't really seen anyone here report of fake fin from them. However i've only been here a while, some knowledgeable guys on the forum will point you in the right direction in regards to fake pills. Inhouse are more than reliable though.

I am on Finpecia and have been on it for about 2 years now. I originally purchased them in India when I was on a family vacation.

The pills I ordered from Inhouse and United Pharmacy were both Finpecia so I wasn't going to a different brand or anything. I just know the first 3 strips from Inhouse worked perfectly and so far none of the tablets from United Pharmacy have been working.

Thanks a lot for the reply though!

Honestly, I just made the switch from generic to brand name proscar on prescription from my local pharmacy.

I did this because I was convincing myself that generic wasn't as effective, and it costs 20$ extra a month. So, like two lunches...

I will never know if this is better or worse, but I did it.

As for the actually science, a generic from a reputable facility/company/country/etc will only vary in it's dosage consistency, which may effect some people. However, if you are like me, you convince yourself that maybe it's not as bio-effective, where the body doesn't use it the same way as a brand-name as it is not as bio-available. Really, this would probably cause side-effects to occur rather than make the drug not work. Either way, it's unlikely. You can also google the prints on the pill to see where they come from and if it matches where you think you are getting it from, and if it's licensed, etc.

How long have you been on fin? Did you recently start with the pills you ordered from inhouse? I am asking because a few weeks is pretty soon to be noticing anything. It is possible that both pills are legit and that you are just experiencing the normal shed from starting fin.

Reddy, I plan on getting a prescription as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I'm in Chicago for the summer doing an internship and don't have transportation to go outside the city. All the dermatologists nearby don't have space for a new patient for another 2 months and by then my hair will be in really bad shape. It sucks moving to a new place and having to worry about this instead!

Notcoolanymore, I've been on Fin for 2 years. Usually my hair is really good as long as I am on fin. There was this one other instance where I ran out of the medicine for 2 weeks and my hair went very thin and every time I ran my hand through it, there would always be a few hairs that fell out.

Same thing has happened this time. I was on fin for a long time (year or so) and hair was great but within 1 week of running out, my hair starting getting flat again and by 2 weeks my hair is a lot thinner and shedding.

It seems paranoid since 2 weeks is still pretty early, but I'm just going off what I'm observing.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Damn you are effected fast when off fin. I would say based on what you said, that the fin you got was bad or fake. How were you able to order from inhouse? Didn't they recently start requiring a prescription?

At this point, I think the only thing you can do it tough it out and wait for your order from inhouse to come in. With that being said, I know it's tough if money is tight, but try to keep a buffer of fin available just in case. Right now I have about a year and a half supply. I plan on getting a script for fin within the next few months and filling the script every month just to make sure I have plenty on reserve.

Hey Notcoolanymore,

Yea, unfortunately it seems I am really sensitive to the medication and dht. Theres actually another site that is .vu, instead of .biz. I don't think I'm allowed to post links, but its the same website as before so I'm guessing operations are the same. They just require an Echeck which is a longer process but still seems legit.

Yea from now on, I definitely will keep a stock available to prevent this from happening again.

If anyone is able and willing to send a strip or 2, I'd still be very grateful. Thanks again for the comments Notcoolanymore!

I emailed you a few days ago but never heard back...

The following statement: "Generics fin is known to cause a shed", what is the logic, did this happen to you and can anyone prove it? The efficiency of a smaller finasteride dosage (say, 0.25mg) compared to a full 1mg is very close. The pills are very likely to be legitimate from the places listed. SO?