+ Reply to Thread

Default recesion contines

Nearly a year ago I took the baseline 2 months after starting Minox on my temple/corner areas. I was on Fin/Niz for a year before I started, figured I was close to a NW1 why not try to bring a strong NW2 to NW1. I also started dut too, since it was stronger and figured I'd slowly migrate from fin to dut to avoid the shed.

July 2013
    August 2013

Oct. 2013

It may not be clear but I have lost probably around 1/2 a square inch on either side and have receded close to a NW3. I stopped minox oct 2013 and waited the recommended 6 months before hoping for regrowth. I hoped that the DUT could at least return me to where I was. I even recently stopped quartering my fin and just halved it. I realize there is little to no benefit to even be on both let alone doubling the dosage but I said why not.

So current drugs are Fin 2.5mg and DUT. I can still get erections but the regrowth doesn't seem there. I continue to do the demiroller once a week. Added topical spiro recently just in case.

So is there a chance that maybe there is such thing as too little DHT? could that cause no regrowth? Or could other variables be at play?

Additionally, since I stopped minox on my temples and waited the 6 months and I am nearly approaching the 1 year mark on DUT should I still have to wait for an extra 6 months to take in account for the minox? I know this isn't logic and I'm asking about a very niche series of events so any experience would be cool

do you know what a nw3 is

yes, I said going towards. The sideburn area should go in a vertical line to the above hairline. Mine has 1 weak point on the left side and a gap on the right. It's hard to tell from a frontal view but it's clear I lost density and width even in these older pics.

Are there factors in hair loss besides DHT? I think it goes without saying of course there are.
    All these drugs propecia, dut can stop hair loss that is the best case you hope for. Regrowing hair is just luck and is not expected so your expectations to grow back hair were not realistic.

Since you've tried pretty much all the treatments out there and haven't had majpr sides using fin and dut, I suggest you try Ru58841. Im sure you have heard of it, and there are many long term members here who swear by it. Personally I haven't tried it, but the information that I've gathered from both research articles and member testimonials, it can be effective even on the hairline. There are many threads here dedicated to what you need to know about Ru, how it works, where to get it, etc.

Best of luck

well, I should disclose additional info. In a previous thread I stated I stopped minox after 6months of use on hairline after drastic recession. I was on fin a year prior to starting the minox and added dut while I started to notice it may be turning south. After 6months I stopped minox and I assumed after 4-6 months I would return to my baseline of a strong NW2 or somewhere near it. I get the 4-6 months figure from a trial that someone linked in a thread I googled.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=106028

And since I was blocking DHT almost totally through fin / dut, and the loss was recent, I would see some quick regrowth.

I don't think RU is for me, it is just too expensive to justify the cost. For example, to return my hairline back to what it was through a transplant would be like 600~ graphs. But RUs price keeps fluctuating, so the competitive pricing versus a FUT is waning.

I'm hoping the topical additive of spiro will add what I'm lacking. I'm nearly blocking all DHT, so I just need to keep the rest from attaching and regrowth should occur. The effectiveness of course is up to debate still.

I kind of rambled on, but that is the summation of my old thread with this update.

old thread ref: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14111