+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Receding, horrifically weird head shape. Just turned 26.

My hairline from age 17-present:
    http://imgur.com/a/7698F

I'm living as a shut in now cause I'm so embarrassed by my head shape. Hopefully posting these will make you guys feel better about yours... So jealous of everybody's perfectly normal looking symmetrical heads. The buzz look will never look right on me and I look deformed shaved. I could just wear hats everywhere but I'll know I look like a freak underneath. My self-esteem's just completely gone.

The last 3+ years I haven't done anything but hide in my room, shutting everyone out. Used to have a job, go to church, hang out with friends etc... haven't had a girlfriend since high school, probably never will. Been trying to make enough money online so my parents don't kick me out. My life just feels over. Wish I could just grow up, ignore it, and move on with my life but I just look so weird. Maybe I'll try antidepressants Idk, not like I have anything to lose.

Anyway just felt like venting somewhere, I'll go away now.

We've all felt like that at one point or another. It's normal to feel like your "life is over." But dude...haven't you ever been out to a bar or a festival or a baseball game? Everyone and I mean EVERYONE has a weird eye or a crooked nose or a mole on their cheek or a lopsided smile or busted teeth. We're an ugly species. I tell you this because adult human beings don't care what you look like...we care what you can do. Can you make us laugh? Can you fix our car? Can you defend us in court? Can you make us a delicious dinner? If you have skills, adults will accept you. That is a tried and true guarantee.

I was a shut-in from 24-25. I dig it. Just be good at something. Literally anything. Adults are ugly, bro. We only care what you can DO for us.

Age30_NW3 is actually right about this one. Man you need to start a career and move out of your parents house. I would highly recommend looking into the oil and gas industry. I know plenty of dudes who didn't finish high school who make bank working their asses of as roughnecks on drilling rigs. I also work with tons of bald and balding dudes who make tons of cash and don't seem to care about their hair. I work as a night foreman on a drilling rig (only reason I am able to do this at my age is because I have an engineering degree and made connections while in college), and the day foreman on the rig I work on is a 40-something year old NW6 who did not go go to college and is married with 4 kids. If antidepressants like you were talking about will help you there's no reason not to at least try them, but ultimately you need to set some goals for yourself and work towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Age30_NW3 is actually right about this one. Man you need to start a career and move out of your parents house. I would highly recommend looking into the oil and gas industry. I know plenty of dudes who didn't finish high school who make bank working their asses of as roughnecks on drilling rigs. I also work with tons of bald and balding dudes who make tons of cash and don't seem to care about their hair. I work as a night foreman on a drilling rig (only reason I am able to do this at my age is because I have an engineering degree and made connections while in college), and the day foreman on the rig I work on is a 40-something year old NW6 who did not go go to college and is married with 4 kids. If antidepressants like you were talking about will help you there's no reason not to at least try them, but ultimately you need to set some goals for yourself and work towards them.
    bro hook me up when i graduate i am engineering!

:P

dude your head is fine! mine is way worse

did u ever treat ur hairloss?

You should engineer us up some more efficient solar panels

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    bro hook me up when i graduate i am engineering!

:P
    How long till you graduate?

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    You should engineer us up some more efficient solar panels
    Well see. First I'm gonna engineer a template for my new hairpiece in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by mike k View Post
    how long till you graduate?

Well see. First i'm gonna engineer a template for my new hairpiece in a couple days.
    lol

Your hair doesn't look all that bad to me though its hard to tell 100% with those pics.

If I was in your shoes this would be my plan.

1- join the military(get to wear a hat all the time yay), learn self respect, make money/friends, responsibility.

2- Use money and free medical to get proscar prescription. Use that and minox for a while and see whats up.

3- Acquire money and leave days. Save enough money for a hair transplant, and like 30 leave days so you can heal up.

4- Love life

(im on number 2-3 atm)

You got that wrong, fellow. Step 1 is love life. That should change steps 2-4, btw.