+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Age30 NW3 View Post
    I was a shut-in from 24-25. .
    Beat it wimp!

The previous post was a joke by the way. Age30 you make some pretty strong posts. I agree with most of them. I have no problem with dudes accepting baldness. That is great. I mostly take exception when people bash other guys for trying to do things that make themselves feel better: treat hair loss, use hair pieces, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Well see. First I'm gonna engineer a template for my new hairpiece in a couple days.
    If you get this done and are happy with the results, post some pics. We really don't have enough good info or cases of people having positive experiences wearing hair.

You look to have an alright set of shoulders on you..and a good chin...get out there, work out & drop the body fat to single digits and you'll be set!

But otherwise, man, you have the same hairline as my next door neighbour...you should see his girl friend though. Life is what you make of it, live for your self and don't let something out of your control get you down

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I mostly take exception when people bash other guys for trying to do things that make themselves feel better: treat hair loss, use hair pieces, etc.
    Aw, do you want a blankie and some warm milk? Did the big mean life hurt your feelings? Dude life doesn't care if you feel better. Life is ice cold and apathetic as to whether you live, die, get laid or go bald.

Life isn't about finding "things that make you feel better." It's about kicking ass, building something cool, and dying with dignity when your time comes. You want to be buried wearing a toupee? That's why they shave your head when you become a marine. They don't want you to worry about that bullshit. A bald man is a man with nothing to lose and nothing to fear.

Aw, do you want a blankie and some warm milk? Did the big mean life hurt your feelings? Dude life doesn't care if you feel better. Life is ice cold and apathetic as to whether you live, die, get laid or go bald.

Life isn't about finding "things that make you feel better." It's about kicking ass, building something cool, and dying with dignity when your time comes. You want to be buried wearing a toupee? That's why they shave your head when you become a marine. They don't want you to worry about that bullshit. A bald man is a man with nothing to lose and nothing to fear.
    Then why are you still on this forum?

I first came to try to connect with other confident bald people. Finding none, it's now my sense of social outrage that compels me to stay. There should at least be one voice representing self-acceptance. I'm going to keep speaking out against drugs and surgery.

Aw, do you want a blankie and some warm milk? Did the big mean life hurt your feelings?
    Nah...what some anonymous people say or think about me means absolutely nothing. That is not the case for many that come here though. Most are young and come here for help. Again this is a hair loss forum. People come here because they don't want to go bald. The advice of shave your head, get big, and get a tan, will only work for a select few, and those types of guys most likely are not on this website.

Did you really come here to: "connect with other confident bald people"? Not even you can really believe that.

I first came to try to connect with other confident bald people. Finding none, it's now my sense of social outrage that compels me to stay. There should at least be one voice representing self-acceptance. I'm going to keep speaking out against drugs and surgery.
    You would probably be happier on a different forum. No sense beating yourself up on a forum made for the exact opposite of your views on the issue.

Well first of all, you can't just dismiss my point as "what anonymous people think about you." These are the facts of how life works...If you cry about your problems instead of owning them, you're screwed. If you can't learn to let go, you're screwed. And if something as minor as hair loss can crush your whole spirit, then you don't have the fighting spirit that separates the winners from the losers. And no amount of rogaine will help you.

I checked out that sly bald guys site. Those guys definitely aren't whiners...not like around here. What do you think, I went out looking for a bald guys forum so I could berate cowardly bald people? No. I know how powerful a support group is for conquering life's curve balls.

I have a genetic predisposition to heart disease as well, so I have to live a super strict lifestyle to reduce the chances of having a heart attack at a young age. I found a forum of other people with a propensity for heart disease, and it has been hugely helpful. I was trying to find the same for baldness. It's definitely not here. But like you said, kicking ass isnt for everyone. Some people just need to whine.