+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Really, it's demotivating to know that nothing new will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    thinning shut the **** up

swooping knows WAY more about this shit than you do. stop being ****ing delusional this treatment has NO proof of being effective and I am tired of people like you hyping up god damn theories over and over.

this forum is falling the fck apart. if ANY of you guys are refraining from taking fin/dut/ru/minox/niz because you think these fcking articles somehow suggest we're less than 5 years away from something better than what we have then prepare to be very disappointed and to lose a lot of hair. i've been following this website since 2009 and guess how many effective treatments have come out? NONE. out of dozens and dozens of studies like this, not one treatment.
    I would guess that very few if any people are not using the treatments that you mention because they think some other treatment is right around the corner. There are many legitimate reasons not to use the treatments you mention, primarily because for many they barely work, if at all. That being said, if anyone does not have an open mind as to the possibility that a treatment could be developed, I wonder why they would be spending any time on the "cutting edge/future treatments" thread (?).

Different posters on here have different levels of knowledge about what's in the works, but I don't think anyone can speak with any real authority about what will or will not work. If anyone thinks they can, you should submit proof of your singularly advanced understanding of the biology, chemistry, and genetics involved in hair loss and hair regrowth to some of these companies that are spending millions of dollars and using thousands of man hours of people that have spent many years in advanced studying and training to conduct research and tests in the hopes of finding something that might work. You could save them a lot of time and money and they'll cut you in some stock options, and you'll undoubtedly make tens of millions of dollars in the process.

Thank you.

And I will stop being an asshole to the casual poster who spreads negative rumors based on their feelings and based on "they always say five years away" when the same casual poster will have the decency not to act like a smart ass

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Really, it's demotivating to know that nothing new will come out.
    Not short term indeed. Eventually it will come though, meanwhile do all you can to stop and regrow your hair.

Nameless aka jarjar please maybe ask your beloved nigam how he did his frankenstein experiments with even DKK1 antagonists. How many hair did he grow again? Ohw yeah 60k!! (in photoshop lol!!). . Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Not short term indeed. Eventually it will come though, meanwhile do all you can to stop and regrow your hair.

Nameless aka jarjar please maybe ask your beloved nigam how he did his frankenstein experiments with even DKK1 antagonists. How many hair did he grow again? Ohw yeah 60k!! (in photoshop lol!!). . Case closed.
    Ha!

(What should be closed is your mouth)

Swooping, what DKK1 antagonist did Dr. Nigam use? At what concentration? How much did he use? How did he get the DKK1 antagonist into the target area? How many times did he get the DKK1 antagonist into the same patient?
    What was the frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I just did put the question to Dr. Gardner. The way I put it to Gardner is "What if inhibition of DKK1 is only half of the equation and the other half of the equation is to add growth factors?"

Keep in mind that in all hair loss treatments we have seen so far the best results come when we work on both sides of the equation - negating what causes hair loss, and adding what prompts hair growth. Both. In the case of minoxidil (a hair growth stimulant) it works better when you add propecia, which negates the dht that inhibits hair growth. So when you use minoxidil and propecia you are working on both sides of the equation. If you look at what Cotseralis said about prostaglandins, he said you would negate PGD2 (which inhibits hair growth) and you would increase PGE2 (a hair growth stimulant). So in the prostaglandin model you work both sides of the equation. In other words, perhaps in the growth factor model you also have to work both sides of the equation. You have to add growth factors that stimulate hair growth and you have to negate the one factor that inhibits hair growth - DK11.

Isn't this plausible?
    We spoke about DKK-1 here, and no that won't regrow hair on its own yourroyalhairness. Adding in those growth factors from the FGF family, SHH family, WNT etc will grow some hair. That is what histogen is doing. There is a distinct difference in growing some hair and completely curing a nw6 where DNA damage is done and the cell's cant repair itself and lack profileration. You do increase your chances indeed in using multiple agents like anti pgd2, minoxidil, retin-a, hydrocortisone or beta, growth factors, dut, ru etc. I did regrow my hair from nw4 to nw 1.5 now with temporal regrowth using this approach. Cause my cells still probably had the capacity to regenerate. Anyways good question, let's see what Aaron Gardner says. I would like to get a bit more in depth with him on it so I'll keep an eye on it.

We spoke about DKK-1 here, and no that won't regrow hair on its own yourroyalhairness. Adding in those growth factors from the FGF family, SHH family, WNT etc will grow some hair. That is what histogen is doing. There is a distinct difference in growing some hair and completely curing a nw6 where DNA damage is done and the cell's cant repair itself and lack profileration. You do increase your chances indeed in using multiple agents like anti pgd2, minoxidil, retin-a, hydrocortisone or beta, growth factors, dut, ru etc. I did regrow my hair from nw4 to nw 1.5 now with temporal regrowth using this approach. Cause my cells still probably had the capacity to regenerate. Anyways good question, let's see what Aaron Gardner says. I would like to get a bit more in depth with him on it so I'll keep an eye on it.
    That is partly what Histogen is doing, but not completely. Histogen is not adding a DKK1 antagonist. For all we know if Histogen used it's growth factors PLUS a DKK1 inhibitor then they would be fixing both sides of the equation and that might solve the problem. We just don't know for sure.

What do I myself think? I just don't know. A study shows that DKK1 inhibits hair growth so it does seem to me like DKK1 could possibly hang a cloud over other the efficacy of other treatments unless DKK1 is negated.

That is impressive regrowth. I'm a nw4 myself and would love to get back to a 1.5 can you explain your regiment. How long did it take you to achieve those results?

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    That is partly what Histogen is doing, but not completely. Histogen is not adding a DKK1 antagonist. For all we know if Histogen used it's growth factors PLUS a DKK1 inhibitor then they would be fixing both sides of the equation and that might solve the problem. We just don't know for sure.

What do I myself think? I just don't know. A study shows that DKK1 inhibits hair growth so it does seem to me like DKK1 could possibly hang a cloud over other the efficacy of other treatments unless DKK1 is negated.
    Ok. I'll write a response in Aaron Gardner his topic i won't go to much in depth, but it will give you a idea of why I think it won't work aside from the things I have said here. I bet you wont even put in the effort to think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by stramm3 View Post
    That is impressive regrowth. I'm a nw4 myself and would love to get back to a 1.5 can you explain your regiment. How long did it take you to achieve those results?
    Hey stramm3 I used minoxidil + RU as a staple and i cycled retin-a/hydrocortisone. Instead of retin-a/hydrocortisone I did short cycles of retin-a/bethamethasome sometimes but not for long. Applied shortly after my minox/RU. Took me a little bit over 1 year to get to the point I am now.