+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Stay hoping mate!! It's easy to do if you know shit all about hairloss and the complications that come with it. Keep believing those press releases constantly back from the 80's where a cure is released every 5 years. Naive kid . And what did i exactly say about the presentation that is misleading? That i KNOW that they did not induce de novo hair follicle neogenesis in humans? Its the truth mate, TILL he proves otherwise. You must be stupid to believe that, but you can't view things objectively but are hopeful from your own desperate emotions.

DKK1 application and wounding will induce de novo in humans YEAH RIGHT LOL. Go ask that question to aaron gardner what he thinks of that .

Secondly the thing's Cotsarelis said against Desmond in the interview were laughable and just shows where he stands. Even desmond who is always extremely positive admitted somewhat, that he was very dissapointed by them I'll stop this discussion though, wasted enough time on you.
    I just did put the question to Dr. Gardner. The way I put it to Gardner is "What if inhibition of DKK1 is only half of the equation and the other half of the equation is to add growth factors?"

Keep in mind that in all hair loss treatments we have seen so far the best results come when we work on both sides of the equation - negating what causes hair loss, and adding what prompts hair growth. Both. In the case of minoxidil (a hair growth stimulant) it works better when you add propecia, which negates the dht that inhibits hair growth. So when you use minoxidil and propecia you are working on both sides of the equation. If you look at what Cotseralis said about prostaglandins, he said you would negate PGD2 (which inhibits hair growth) and you would increase PGE2 (a hair growth stimulant). So in the prostaglandin model you work both sides of the equation. In other words, perhaps in the growth factor model you also have to work both sides of the equation. You have to add growth factors that stimulate hair growth and you have to negate the one factor that inhibits hair growth - DK11.

Isn't this plausible?

Stay hoping mate!! It's easy to do if you know shit all about hairloss and the complications that come with it. Keep believing those press releases constantly back from the 80's where a cure is released every 5 years. Naive kid . And what did i exactly say about the presentation that is misleading? That i KNOW that they did not induce de novo hair follicle neogenesis in humans? Its the truth mate, TILL he proves otherwise. You must be stupid to believe that, but you can't view things objectively but are hopeful from your own desperate emotions.

DKK1 application and wounding will induce de novo in humans YEAH RIGHT LOL. Go ask that question to aaron gardner what he thinks of that .

Secondly the thing's Cotsarelis said against Desmond in the interview were laughable and just shows where he stands. Even desmond who is always extremely positive admitted somewhat, that he was very dissapointed by them I'll stop this discussion though, wasted enough time on you.
    The point from your earlier message was "from the presentation we can conclude the different cell conditions in mice and humans make it impossible to apply this theory to humans". It's misleading because Cotsarelis himself points out a way around this problem (wounding).

No reply on "they always say five years away" point because it's the argument a donkey at best could come up with.

If you believe dkk1 and wounding together cannot induce de novo follicle formation you should present evidence to show this. You can't simply say "it hasn't been done yet so it's obviously not possible" because the point here is that this is a technique they are trying. We don't know yet if it'll work or not, but just because we don't know it doesn't mean it cannot work.

The official story is that Follica is trying this stuff. Desmond is not the oracle and if he's not optimistic about something it doesn't mean anything. You inferring that this is failure because it hasn't been done yet proves that you're the desperate one.

You're just an old bald dude who is desperate about his situation and for that reason comes on a baldness forum to spread negativity to younger sufferers without really knowing what the subject is. It's the psychology of the loser who wants others to be in the same situation as him in order to feel less pain. To your own admission, you haven't even viewed the full video and here you are already telling us what Cotsarelis, a man more intelligent than you, can or cannot do in his lab.

Go away loser

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    The point from your earlier message was "from the presentation we can conclude the different cell conditions in mice and humans make it impossible to apply this theory to humans". It's misleading because Cotsarelis himself points out a way around this problem (wounding).

No reply on "they always say five years away" point because it's the argument a donkey at best could come up with.

If you believe dkk1 and wounding together cannot induce de novo follicle formation you should present evidence to show this. You can't simply say "it hasn't been done yet so it's obviously not possible" because the point here is that this is a technique they are trying. We don't know yet if it'll work or not, but just because we don't know it doesn't mean it cannot work.

The official story is that Follica is trying this stuff. Desmond is not the oracle and if he's not optimistic about something it doesn't mean anything. You inferring that this is failure because it hasn't been done yet proves that you're the desperate one.

You're just an old bald dude who is desperate about his situation and for that reason comes on a baldness forum to spread negativity to younger sufferers without really knowing what the subject is. It's the psychology of the loser who wants others to be in the same situation as him in order to feel less pain. To your own admission, you haven't even viewed the full video and here you are already telling us what Cotsarelis, a man more intelligent than you, can or cannot do in his lab.

Go away loser
    I never said it wasn't possible in the future. What are you smoking, stop the drugs mate. I said that DKK-1 without wounding doesn't work given the fact that it has been tried topically and clinical trials are ongoing if it was the key they would see hair growth as a side effect.

Furthermore i think you need to watch the presentation another time LOL. I only needed to watch the summary of him. You don't even know what the heck he is trying to achieve and how incredibly hard that is. It's not only wounding and DKK-1 you little dumbass. Check what he says about FGF9 and the difference between mice and humans. Then I'll give you another hint;

6) And finally I brought up fgf9 and its potentials. He believes fgf9 is still a very new discovery with many years of preclinical research ahead of it, when I asked for an estimated date he said at least 10 years. He then went on to mention that just to go from Rogaine liquid to Rogaine foam it took the company over 8 years of studies and data collection before they were allowed to sell it and Minoxidil has been on the market for many years. Now imagine if we are trying to bring out a completely new agent. The timeframes are quite long indeed.

Haha, you are really that stupid as you look. And your last thing about me being a old man, i think you would be surprised how i look, how my hair has progressed from nw4 with temporal regrowth to nw1.5 almost now and how many people i try to help. God you are a sad individual

I never said it wasn't possible in the future. What are you smoking, stop the drugs mate. I said that DKK-1 without wounding doesn't work given the fact that it has been tried topically and clinical trials are ongoing if it was the key they would see hair growth as a side effect.

Furthermore i think you need to watch the presentation another time LOL. I only needed to watch the summary of him. You don't even know what the heck he is trying to achieve and how incredibly hard that is. It's not only wounding and DKK-1 you little dumbass. Check what he says about FGF9 and the difference between mice and humans. Then I'll give you another hint;

6) And finally I brought up fgf9 and its potentials. He believes fgf9 is still a very new discovery with many years of preclinical research ahead of it, when I asked for an estimated date he said at least 10 years. He then went on to mention that just to go from Rogaine liquid to Rogaine foam it took the company over 8 years of studies and data collection before they were allowed to sell it and Minoxidil has been on the market for many years. Now imagine if we are trying to bring out a completely new agent. The timeframes are quite long indeed.

Haha, you are really that stupid as you look. And your last thing about me being a old man, i think you would be surprised how i look, how my hair has progressed from nw4 with temporal regrowth to nw1.5 almost now and how many people i try to help. God you are a sad individual
    Oh now that you are saying that you really hurt my feelings... By the way I don't look like anything because I'm talking thorough a forum. Idiot. By the way out up a picture of yourself and your hair let's see if you really do look good.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I posted this on ***;
    Regarding doxycyclone: Remember that when finasteride came to market they first tried many other drugs like it before they brought finasteride to market. Those other drugs are called precursors and they were abandoned for various reasons. Some won't reach the target area, some metabolize too quickly, some are not safe for the long term, etc, etc, etc.

My point is that just because doxycyclone will negate DKK1 in a test tube does not necessarily mean it will do it in a human, much less at a specific target area of the skin of the scalp. It's very complicated getting a drug to a specific spot in the right dose and with the right activity to do the job. So just because doxycyclone will inhibit DKK1 in a test tube does not mean you can get it to the right location and that it will be strong enough once it gets to that location to do the job.

I think dkk is better then oc , at least on paper ,

Oh now that you are saying that you really hurt my feelings... By the way I don't look like anything because I'm talking thorough a forum. Idiot. By the way out up a picture of yourself and your hair let's see if you really do look good.
    I am not here to hurt your feelings or whatever you started me calling a idiot not the other way around. I'll always give a explanation of why i think or believe things as the way they are. And with follica if you think it through i just gave you a hint you'll understand why they still did not ever induce hair follicle neogenesis by wounding in HUMANS. Furthermore if you still disagree that's fine, thats your choice but don't start calling me a idiot.

I am not going to proof myself against you, i can assure you i'm not a desperate old man. I fought AGA for quite some time, to the point where i sometimes even went as a guineai pig lol and always trying to help others. Here are my pics hair pics the first one was already when i already used some RU and minox so it was a quite a bit worse (less density and thickening). I'm approaching NW1.5 now. My goal is NW1 though just because i got a bit greedy now lol;

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...&postcount=216

Anyways back on topic i guess :P!

You see you are the one who is desperate, you are posting pictures of your hair on an online forum just to prove some anonymous stranger wrong. Very insecure of you. It's not all about hair, you must have other things too

You see you are the one who is desperate, you are posting pictures of your hair on an online forum just to prove some anonymous stranger wrong. Very insecure of you. It's not all about hair, you must have other things too
    Well i certainly went full retard to discuss things with a complete idiot LOL. Now stop increasing those 800 useless posts of you mate. So other people can discuss freely on this subject.

Well i certainly went full retard to discuss things with a complete idiot LOL. Now stop increasing those 800 useless posts of you mate. So other people can discuss freely on this subject.
    That's what we were doing before you spammed the thread with a comment about a video you haven't even watched: "I haven't seen the video, but it can't be done and the fact that it hasn't been done yet proves it".