+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I posted this on ***;
    This presentation sheds a lot of light and clearly explains what the more knowledgeable forumers probably had understood by reading the Upenn papers that came out in the last few months. Obviously all this makes so much sense because the same pathways have been the object of studies by Histogen and other researchers in the past. Histogen did achieve some results working on similar pathways, and who knows hopefully Cots will surprise us.

The issue here what has Follica been up to in the last 12-18 months with regards to fgf9. Hopefully they have made some really progress. Hopefully they are not out of money (they were funded a long time ago unfortunately). But at the conclusion of the presentation he pretty much said this is what Follica is working on so hopefully this means we can assume they have enough cash.

As to trying this on your own, I would say we must consider wounding (dermarolling was pretty much spot on it seems to me) and maybe natural hair cycles? I don't really have the knowledge to say... But remember you must be able to activate the pathway the right way at the right time after wounding, otherwise the wound turns into a scar which is actually pointless to say the least. That's why it's likely that we would need a more solhisticated device like the one that Follica is working on and patenting

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    You should watch the full presentation because although that point was mentioned, he also makes the point that a method combined with wounding can overcome this difficulty.

Also dkk1 was the topic of a paper out of UPenn some time ago so I suggest checking that out too (in full)
    Hypothethically speaking he is making a point of that yes, no way he has achieved that though (de novo neogenesis). For future regenerative medicine this will be an option maybe sometime. Has he shown ever proof of inducing this in humans? Only mice that I know of.

Just did a basic search and I dont see it being used as a topical in conjunction with wounding/derma rolling. I wonder though, if inhibiting PGD2, DHT and DKK1 through a variety of compounds would yield results....??
    Well as you said hellouser i guess better than doing nothing?

Source? Please and thank you
    It's the one where Xu goes through the process of explaining the theory beging prostaglandins and concludes that the evidence pretty much points to them being right and it's only a matter of finding the needle in the stack ie the right pathway to work on among the many possibilities

Just did a basic search and I dont see it being used as a topical in conjunction with wounding/derma rolling. I wonder though, if inhibiting PGD2, DHT and DKK1 through a variety of compounds would yield results....??
    DKK1 inhibits hair growth. But it may also be true that simply antagonizing
    DKK1 may not cause hair growth because you may also have to add the growth factors that cause hair growth. It may take both the same way that if you use the prostaglandin method of hair growth you have to use both PGD2 antagonist and a PGE2 stimulator. You have to do both sides of the equation - remove that which inhibits hair growth and add that which encourages hair growth. Both.

The same concept could apply to growth factors and DKK1. You might have to do both - DKK1 antagonist plus the correct growth factors and the correct growth factors are found inside of the fat cells presumably. So perhaps adding the fat cell growth factors plus negating DKK1 could be the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Hypothethically speaking he is making a point of that yes, no way he has achieved that though (de novo neogenesis). For future regenerative medicine this will be an option maybe sometime. Has he shown ever proof of inducing this in humans? Only mice that I know of.

p
    Man you are so desperate to destroy something, even in light of the latest developments, that you would make a comment like this despite the fact that you couldn't possibly have a clue or make an educated guess over what they may or may not have achieved. Who knows what they have achieved? I don't know... I'm not saying they have already achieved this... I'm saying that's what they're working on.

What we know is they publicly talked about the theory exactly a year ago, which means they had already been working on it for an unknown period of time. Probably at most a year before the news release. So it's something between 1-2 years that they have been making some tests. We definitely know from the article by the scientist that the next step was going to be preclinical testing and then humans. We also know they patented the delivery method and some kind of wounding device at the end of last year.

All we can do is hope they have been doing preclinical with this and are looking at potential new clinical trials.

Lots of good stuff in this thread! Probably the best news out of the congress thus far for the most near treatment (potentially, if it works).

Man you are so desperate to destroy something, even in light of the latest developments, that you would make a comment like this despite the fact that you couldn't possibly have a clue or make an educated guess over what they may or may not have achieved. Who knows what they have achieved? I don't know... I'm not saying they have already achieved this... I'm saying that's what they're working on.

What we know is they publicly talked about the theory exactly a year ago, which means they had already been working on it for an unknown period of time. Probably at most a year before the news release. So it's something between 1-2 years that they have been making some tests. We definitely know from the article by the scientist that the next step was going to be preclinical testing and then humans. We also know they patented the delivery method and some kind of wounding device at the end of last year.

All we can do is hope they have been doing preclinical with this and are looking at potential new clinical trials.
    "All we can do is hope they have been doing preclinical with this and are looking at potential new clinical trials."

"Hope" , yes it is good to have hope. But you don't get far in life with only hoping. I rather take action in my own hands for what you know maybe they won't even have a cure the next 10+ year and that is a very high possibility. I don't want to destroy anything I am just very rational and realistic. I HOPE just as much as you that they will deliver us a cure, I just don't see it coming realistically short term that's all, but we'll see. Time will tell us!

Btw about DKK1, and WNT pathway this is pretty interesting about it. Instead of inhibiting DKK1 these guys want to use a agent that directly activates the WNT pathway instead of inhibiting DKK1 and repressing WNT.

https://www.anzctr.org.au/Trial/Regi...aspx?id=364645

Really wonder how they got permission to do that in terms of cancer risks etc..? Pretty crazy lol

Some more info;

Public title A Single-Center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Study of the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of Various Concentrations of Topical SM04554 Solution in Male Subjects with Androgenetic Alopecia.
    The study drug is a topical SM04554 solution. SM04554 is a small molecule that may activate the wnt pathway. The dosage amounts are: 0.05%; 0.15%; and 0.45%. Administration of the study drug will be once daily for 14 days at the study clinic; study drug is applied topically to the scalp. There are three cohorts of 10 participants. Cohort 1 will be administered the 0.05% solution, Cohort 2 will be administered the 0.15% solution and Cohort 3 will be administered the 0.45% solution. Participants will complete a series of tests prior to the start of the study. During the study the participants’ scalp will be assessed by the study doctor on a daily basis and prior to administration of the study drug. Hair growth assessments will also be completed by the study doctor and the participant 1 day following the completion of the treatment and 14 days following completion of the treatment.
    http://www.samumed.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    "All we can do is hope they have been doing preclinical with this and are looking at potential new clinical trials."

"Hope" , yes it is good to have hope. But you don't get far in life with only hoping. I rather take action in my own hands for what you know maybe they won't even have a cure the next 10+ year and that is a very high possibility. I don't want to destroy anything I am just very rational and realistic. I HOPE just as much as you that they will deliver us a cure, I just don't see it coming realistically short term that's all, but we'll see. Time will tell us!

Btw about DKK1, and WNT pathway this is pretty interesting about it. Instead of inhibiting DKK1 these guys want to use a agent that directly activates the WNT pathway instead of inhibiting DKK1 and repressing WNT.

https://www.anzctr.org.au/Trial/Regi...aspx?id=364645

Really wonder how they got permission to do that in terms of cancer risks etc..? Pretty crazy lol

Some more info;

http://www.samumed.com/
    No one cares what you think about hoping or doing. You were saying something about the presentation that is measliding and to your own admission you hadn't even seen the full presentation. No one could care less about what you think is true or not, just don't go around and spread negativity when to your own admission you haven't even seen the full video. So don't tell me what you how or do not hope, no one asked you so no one cares. Idiot

No one cares what you think about hoping or doing. You were saying something about the presentation that is measliding and to your own admission you hadn't even seen the full presentation. No one could care less about what you think is true or not, just don't go around and spread negativity when to your own admission you haven't even seen the full video. So don't tell me what you how or do not hope, no one asked you so no one cares. Idiot
    Stay hoping mate!! It's easy to do if you know shit all about hairloss and the complications that come with it. Keep believing those press releases constantly back from the 80's where a cure is released every 5 years. Naive kid . And what did i exactly say about the presentation that is misleading? That i KNOW that they did not induce de novo hair follicle neogenesis in humans? Its the truth mate, TILL he proves otherwise. You must be stupid to believe that, but you can't view things objectively but are hopeful from your own desperate emotions.

DKK1 application and wounding will induce de novo in humans YEAH RIGHT LOL. Go ask that question to aaron gardner what he thinks of that .

Secondly the thing's Cotsarelis said against Desmond in the interview were laughable and just shows where he stands. Even desmond who is always extremely positive admitted somewhat, that he was very dissapointed by them I'll stop this discussion though, wasted enough time on you.

Swooping is a pretty smart guy. I can vouch for that.

But I do think that he's missing an important point.

The thing is that in hair loss treatments we have learnt over and over again that you have to attack both sides of the equation. You have to remove that which inhibits hair growth and you have to increase that which promotes hair growth to get the best results. For example, with minoxodil we have learnt that it's best to add propecia. Minoxidil stimulates hair growth via PGE2 stimulation and the propecia negates androgen that inhibits hair growth. So when you take minoxidil and propecia you are working on both sides of the equation. You are negating androgen and you are increasing PGE2. When you look at Cotseralis's prostaglanding model for hair growth you also fix both sides of the equation because Cots said to negate PGD2 and to increase PGE2. Both. You have to work both sides of the equation.

When it comes to growth factors you might have to do the same thing - increase the growth factors that prompt hair growth AND negate the factor that inhibits hair growth - DKK1. I have a hunch that negating sufficient DKK1 plus adding the correct growth factors (the ones found in fat) might be sufficient to regrow hair.

Do you think this is plausible