+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    What a stupid comment. Dkk1 works differently.

"People"? "You think"

You people should read the paper and understand what the role of dkk1 has been found to be. Then come back and talk.
    Sorry mate that was a mistake in my formulation. It has been tried with a synthetic DKK1 inhibitor, no real results, to be exactly WAY-262611. Taken that with the clinical trials for DKK1 treatments and the overall picture of AGA it does not work. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Sorry mate that was a mistake in my formulation. It has been tried with a synthetic DKK1 inhibitor, no real results, to be exactly WAY-262611. Taken that with the clinical trials for DKK1 treatments and the overall picture of AGA it does not work. Period.
    Read my response above yours (1 page back).

Applying antibiotics topically? Is it worth a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Applying antibiotics topically? Is it worth a shot?
    Better than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Better than doing nothing.
    Good point

I'm going to look into this more either tonight or tomorrow. I'm swamped with work today and need to hit the sack ASAP, been up since 4am.

Let's hope DKK1 does suppress follicle growth as opposed to it being some by product of the baldness that has no real effect on the follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'm going to look into this more either tonight or tomorrow. I'm swamped with work today and need to hit the sack ASAP, been up since 4am.

Let's hope DKK1 does suppress follicle growth as opposed to it being some by product of the baldness that has no real effect on the follicle.
    Doxy has been tried some report some decreased shedding, some increased hairloss and some have increased hair growth from it, although nothing spectacular. You can search for it

I did not check that full presentation of cotsarelis, but i just scrolled through it very fast. Look at the end he already says that mouse have way more regenerative capabilities than humans, they don't even follow the same endocrinology system as us. Growing hair on mice really means nothing.. Sorry those little guys literally grow hair from everything. Unbelievable actually, wish we had the same regenerative capabilities as mice lol.

Doxy has been tried some report some decreased shedding, some increased hairloss and some have increased hair growth from it, although nothing spectacular. You can search for it
    Just did a basic search and I dont see it being used as a topical in conjunction with wounding/derma rolling. I wonder though, if inhibiting PGD2, DHT and DKK1 through a variety of compounds would yield results....??

I did not check that full presentation of cotsarelis, but i just scrolled through it very fast. Look at the end he already says that mouse have way more regenerative capabilities than humans, they don't even follow the same endocrinology system as us. Growing hair on mice really means nothing.. Sorry those little guys literally grow hair from everything. Unbelievable actually, wish we had the same regenerative capabilities as mice lol.
    You should watch the full presentation because although that point was mentioned, he also makes the point that a method combined with wounding can overcome this difficulty.

Also dkk1 was the topic of a paper out of UPenn some time ago so I suggest checking that out too (in full)

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Also dkk1 was the topic of a paper out of UPenn some time ago so I suggest checking that out too (in full)
    Source? Please and thank you