Piloxll update ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinning@30
    • Mar 2010

A common thing I've noticed with many hair loss scams is the way they always seem to want to fly under the radar despite having found the holy grail. When you think about it, it defies all reason. If I invented a new device that reversed hair loss, I'd be shouting about it from the rooftops (once I'd secured patent protection of course). Seriously. I'd be buying ads during the Superbowl. I'd want everyone in the world to know about it, so I could sell it to all the desperate and suffering people on this forum and countless others and make billions.

Of course, that isn't what the scammers do. They don't dare attract that kind of attention because they know their claims won't hold up under scrutiny. Instead they just go around quietly selling their "cures." We've seen it with Whitfield, Provillus, and so many others. Sometimes they even offer guarantees, but they're structured in a way as to be essentially useless.

Hmmm...wonder which medical school Yoram attended to study "trichology." And what exactly does it take to get board-certified in that anyways?

Comment

• Parsia
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Thinning@30
      A common thing I've noticed with many hair loss scams is the way they always seem to want to fly under the radar despite having found the holy grail. When you think about it, it defies all reason. If I invented a new device that reversed hair loss, I'd be shouting about it from the rooftops (once I'd secured patent protection of course). Seriously. I'd be buying ads during the Superbowl. I'd want everyone in the world to know about it, so I could sell it to all the desperate and suffering people on this forum and countless others and make billions.

Of course, that isn't what the scammers do. They don't dare attract that kind of attention because they know their claims won't hold up under scrutiny. Instead they just go around quietly selling their "cures." We've seen it with Whitfield, Provillus, and so many others. Sometimes they even offer guarantees, but they're structured in a way as to be essentially useless.

Hmmm...wonder which medical school Yoram attended to study "trichology." And what exactly does it take to get board-certified in that anyways?

-----
      How about reload ? Is this scam also or real?

Comment

• brunobald
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by LongWayHome
        I don't trust him..He told me that I don't have mpb, because the top of my head was full and thick, while the hairline was thinning, which he called "weird" and said he has never seen something like that, after I told him that I use minoxidil for 3 years (back then), which is obviously why the top was so thick.
        He told me that his new product won't have an effect on me and said "If you want...I can use another method, but you need to have some money for that."
        I said thank you and never talked to him again.

Btw I dropped minoxi 10 months ago and the top of my head is thinning rapidly now.
        Just got 6 months supply and starting again from today.

He calls himself "Trichologist" which is a stage name for dermatologist.
        "Trichologists themselves are not normally licensed healthcare workers..." (Wikipedia)

Just don't jump on it too fast.
        I agree do not jump on this too fast. But I have to say Pilox does deposit Zinc into the scalp and Zinc and Minox do not mix well, hence the reason why he said it would not work on you.

Shampoo with zinc will also effect the way minox works, so its one or the other really.

Also Yoram did not invent Pilox he is only hired to make the measurements/tricoscan so bear that in mind too.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30

the engineer of the product is from one of israel's top schools (the MIT of israel, so to speak).

I'm not sure where yoram went to school. Although again, our understanding is that he was contracted to run the trials (ie run the tricho-scan). We still don't know exactly how involved Yoram is. He isn't involved with the investor-side of things, and he isn't on the patent. He could just be the guy running tricho-scans. Of course, he probably has stock in the company, but he might not be the main player (as people seem to be jumping to assume)

Also, you wouldn't necessarily want to run super bowl ads. For instance, you may not be able to satisfy the demand just yet. Or, you may be better off further improving the device through normal testing and upgrading-- as you only have one shot before bad reviews ruin the brand. I mean, they haven't even launched and they have people like arashi and bigentries already trying to ruin their brand. So, execution isn't as simple as you imply.

I've said from the start:

1. the science behind it makes sense

2. if the product they sell ACTUALLY delivers zinc and copper ions (and isn't just a fancy looking piece of machinery) then it will probably be good for your hair, because the science is there.

3. However, we don't know if the machine really does execute the alleged science, or if it is just a fake machine with marketing that plays on that well-established science

Lastly, I'm not "pushing" any of these products. I've alerted people to them, thinking that the more people asking questions, the more pressure on these new products, the sooner we'll determine real from scam.

As they're only releasing it in israel to people who get tricho-scans, lets see how it plays out instead of screaming scam.

Comment

• LongWayHome
            • Nov 2012

I just searched his name (in hebrew) in google,
            There is one link, the 4th one, that what is written under that is:

"...Not only that you don't need qualifications, the salary is high too.
            If there's a lawyer here I would like to hear what can be done about it.
            The lawsuit against Yoram Benitah that takes advantage of the bald men distress..."
            and there it ends. (It's from 2004)
            When you try to enter the link, it doesn't work
            Of course, this is enough for me, and it should be for you too.
            Look, I really liked him at first, he seemed like a very nice guy, but after I saw a feedback
            about "Hair Clinic" (Israeli company - Yoram is one of the founders) that says it's a complete BS that pump the money out of you, I started to think maybe he's not really a saint.
            If it would've been the real thing, or even better than what we already have,
            "a few weeks before it launches", Yoram should've been a well known face up until now, because he WAS on tv a few times in the past, and has his connections.

But no...

Comment

• bananana
              Inactive
              • Feb 2012

WHERE will it be available?

Comment

• epipapilla
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by bananana
                WHERE will it be available?
                It will be available in Israel first, according to NeedHairASAP

Comment

• bananana
                  Inactive
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by epipapilla
                  It will be available in Israel first, according to NeedHairASAP
                  tnx, I might be interested in giving it a shot... We'll see when it comes out.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                    • Jul 2011

the inventor or investor (i dont know which)

Comment

• bananana
                      Inactive
                      • Feb 2012

I got some guys on the other forum to call them and see how can we purchase it, I'm willing to give it a shot. Before and afters look like the best I've ever seen in terms of consistent lightning, position, overall clearness etc.

There might be something here.

Comment

• zeos
                        • Oct 2013

Comment

• robincurtz
                          • Jan 2015

Again a scam

Comment

• maver1ck
                            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by robincurtz
                            Again a scam
                            Why is it a scam?

Comment

• LMS
                              • Dec 2012

Pilox is most likely legit. Effective for maintaining, with some moderate rethickening but not much regrowth. Seems like it'll be an effective tool to maintain.

Comment

• Parsia
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by maver1ck
                                Why is it a scam?
                                When it comes to pilox , I can't say if its scam or not , the stuff has patented and pictures looks amazing , but we have to wait and see if it works or not.

Comment

Working...