+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Please tell me this hairloss can be reversed (With photos)

I posted this in the woman's forum since I am TRANSGENDER please remember! But the woman's forum seems to be very very dead.

Ok so I am very very very nervous posting pictures of my hair here. I want everyone to know that I suffer from extreme anxiety and depression because of my hair loss so please anyone who does not like transgender people and just wants to hurt my feeling know that a joke can do serious damage to someone as vulnerable and scared as I am.

Anyways I want to post these pictures to get more opinions on if my hair loss can be reversed.

I began Hormone Replacement Therapy in October 2013. I started Avodart 0.5 MG daily, Estrodial topical gel daily. I was castrated in January 2014. I also use Nizoral 1% 2 times per week and I am using the Hairmax Lasecomb every other day. I started 200 MG Micronized Progesterone daily in April 2014.

So with all of that said I have been told that I can reverse the thinning hair I have much more than a regular male could, and males can sometimes reverse a good amount of hair loss.

I really am not 100% sure what type of hair loss I have but I certainly see issues in the frontal hairline area that worry me.

The pictures are so confusing to me, I cannot tell if the lighting from the flash is reflecting off my pale scalp and making my hair loss look much worse than it is in some pictures. Whatever the case the most shocking and what has really put me in a DEEP DEEP depression are the photos taken in direct sunlight. It was hard to pick it up in the photos but the frontal area appears to have lost a large amount of density. If you look closely you can see that my hair is very see through behind where the mature male hairline would be indicating MPB.

I was told time and time again all I have is the mature male hairline developing and that castration would stop it and the thinning areas should recover to regular density, or very close to it, with my continued transition hormonally from male to female.

I also was told that my hair density will be fluctuating from all of the hormonal and hair loss treatments I am going through at the moment and that I should not freak out over how the density appears right now, but I can't help it. I know that estrogen prolongs the growth phase of hair so I was also told that my timeline to see improvements would be a bit longer than a regular male's would and that the "shedding density loss" that people usually get when they start treatments may appear longer for me because of this.

All I want to know is if you all think I caught my hair loss in time to reverse the miniaturization process and regain enough density so it won't be noticeable anymore.

I should add I was 21 when I started treatments and I feel this hair loss most likely started when I was 18.

I understand I am in uncharted territory with my situation so I understand if it's hard to give a direct answer.

Please be gentle

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/mom...?sort=3&page=1

Sorry this link should work :

http://s271.photobucket.com/user/momenttt/library/

I have tried to edit my face out but it seems like for some really annoying reason it isn't working. I can assure you if you can see my face that there are all REALLY bad angles and were taken when I was upset and crying. I don't usually look this bad, I am always usually gendered female even without make up.

160 views is a lot with no response. I hope I didn't dissuade people from commenting.

I don't think anyone is trying to ignore you, but in all honesty your hair looks fine. My little sister's hair looks just like yours where she parts it down the center of her head, and my mom's hairline is higher up than yours. Both were born female.

Hello! I think your part looks tight in some photos and a little wide in the ones with more direct lighting on top of your head (that's probably why). I've been suffering major hair loss since September 2012 and have been literally studying females' parts since that time. Are you shedding a lot of hair every day? Do you shed tapered (uncut) and/or miniaturized hairs? Do you see regrowth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I don't think anyone is trying to ignore you, but in all honesty your hair looks fine. My little sister's hair looks just like yours where she parts it down the center of her head, and my mom's hairline is higher up than yours. Both were born female.
    Thank you Mike, it makes me feel really good having someone say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Hello! I think your part looks tight in some photos and a little wide in the ones with more direct lighting on top of your head (that's probably why). I've been suffering major hair loss since September 2012 and have been literally studying females' parts since that time. Are you shedding a lot of hair every day? Do you shed tapered (uncut) and/or miniaturized hairs? Do you see regrowth?
    I'm really sorry that your going through hair loss Joan, it's seriously the worst thing that has ever happened to me and it has certainly consumed my whole entire life.

I don't shed much anymore. I have noticed that some hairs I do still shed, even longer hair, sometimes has a lighter color at the end which indicates miniaturized hair. I noticed I went through a LARGE shed for a couple of months. It was right after I told my dad that I was going to start hormones to transition from male to female. He got really upset and threated to take away my medical insurance and told me if I got kicked out of my current home I would not be able to stay with him. I got really stressed out after and I noticed I started shedding more than usual. That was last July or August, and I started hormones in October. I noticed that the shed had gotten worse after that, there was one point where I remember combing my hair and seeing a little clumping of hair on it. I was trying to remain calm thinking it was certainly the shedding that any hair loss treatment causes.

It stopped sometime in November. I haven't had an abnormal shed since.

The only thing that has kept me from totally losing my mind from finding hairs that are miniturized coming out is that I keep being told that my hair is going to recover by shedding miniaturized hairs and growing in thicker as the hair cycles through its phases and should continue getting thicker until it returns to normal again.

I empathize with you--hair loss consumes my life too. I think it's a great sign that you are no longer shedding so much. I know it's hard, but try to be patient while your body adjusts to your hormones. As far as the lighter color at the end of your hair, all uncut hairs are tapered and a bit thinner at the very ends if they haven't been cut. Miniaturized hairs are thin (like a spider's web) all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I empathize with you--hair loss consumes my life too. I think it's a great sign that you are no longer shedding so much. I know it's hard, but try to be patient while your body adjusts to your hormones. As far as the lighter color at the end of your hair, all uncut hairs are tapered and a bit thinner at the very ends if they haven't been cut. Miniaturized hairs are thin (like a spider's web) all the way through.
    I have never heard of that before but I think the way I have explained my hair is the issue.

What I mean is the actual natural hair color area is a lighter brown/ dark blonde than other parts of my hair that I have examined. The thickness also appears to be different which is certainly not a good sign.

I have a bad feeling I am diffuse thinning, I am hoping I caught it early enough to reverse it though and that it should return to normal density and appearance with time.

I know I need to give my body time to adjust to all the hormonal changes I'm going through, in just wish I didn't have to deal with this on top of everything else as well.

I hope you caught things early enough too.