+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone know when bimatoprost will be out?

That article says this:

Fat Cells: Researchers at the YaleUniversity stumbled upon a new discovery that could unveil the close to impossible task of growing new locks. It was discovered that once the hair dies, the thickness of scalp’s fat layer greatly reduces. This layer of fat covers most of the scalp; with the fat cells gone, hair does not grow. The possible reason could be that this fat layer is responsible for the production of molecules by the name PDGF (platelet derived growth factors) which is crucial for hair growth. There is still a long way of research to go before any substantial remedy can be derived from this discovery.
    So why not do a fat graft transplant where you move fatty tissue from your abdomen to the scalp and see what happens. Has this ever been attempted??

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    That article says this:

So why not do a fat graft transplant where you move fatty tissue from your abdomen to the scalp and see what happens. Has this ever been attempted??

The fat would have to go into the scalp in a specific location under the miniaturized follicles. Nobody knows exactly where to put the fat cells. Also, fat cells in the belly may be different from fat cells in the scalp. There are a lot of obese people with large amounts of fat in their abdomens who do not have long hairs on their stomachs.

the bad thing about the fat cell discovery: we just brought a new variable into the hairloss game which makes everything more complicated (beside the dht sensitivity which was believed to be the main cause for hairloss)

the good thing (maybe): if it turns out that fat cell injections could be beneficial, then it would be a relatively easy treatment. as this requires intensive research and trials to test the fat cell injections' results it's very far away like everything else.

some important questions here:

do to dht sensitivity and the vanishing fat cells have a connection with each other? or are both aspects now completely separate problems? can there be a bald scalp with no fat loss at all? and can there be a scalp where the fat loss is the only problem?
    if the fat cells are responsible for releasing some growth factors only, could this problem be counteracted with histogen and other repeatable growth factors?

i'm really concerned about that very late discovery. if in 3 years the labs are able to create follicles in a dish, will the fat cell story will be the next milestone problem which stops us from a cure?

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    the bad thing about the fat cell discovery: we just brought a new variable into the hairloss game which makes everything more complicated (beside the dht sensitivity which was believed to be the main cause for hairloss)

the good thing (maybe): if it turns out that fat cell injections could be beneficial, then it would be a relatively easy treatment. as this requires intensive research and trials to test the fat cell injections' results it's very far away like everything else.

some important questions here:

do to dht sensitivity and the vanishing fat cells have a connection with each other? or are both aspects now completely separate problems? can there be a bald scalp with no fat loss at all? and can there be a scalp where the fat loss is the only problem?
    if the fat cells are responsible for releasing some growth factors only, could this problem be counteracted with histogen and other repeatable growth factors?

i'm really concerned about that very late discovery. if in 3 years the labs are able to create follicles in a dish, will the fat cell story will be the next milestone problem which stops us from a cure?
    I think it's proved that there's a relationship between some prostaglandins and hair growth. I think it's stating to look like prostaglandins activity affects fat cells. I also think that very important hair growth factors come from fat cells. Somehow I think that this is all interconnected.

this is yale study:
    http://news.yale.edu/2011/09/01/yale...-its-time-grow

this link provide some clinics within the use that are researching fat stem cells for hair :
    the one called new england clinic in Massachusetts, I contacted them before I asked for the price it was 2500 $. the guy who was on the phone offered me before and after pictures to be viewed through skype but I didn't follow up with him to and did not make the skype call.

the one that was called balanced hair restoration , I had the link to an article posted on a thread called adipose derived stem cell protein extract. They are researching this in the us linke: http://www.balancehairrestoration.co...-regeneration/

the last one in arizona, Ithey are trying to work with fat stem celss and hair transplant.

personal take on this. fat stem cells , growth factors and prp all should work on hair regrowth. the theory behind them is very strong, but multiple treatments are required to see real results. cell signaling is a great option for treating hair loss. it is what basically histogen is doing. dht signals the follicles to shrink. some growth factors are well known to signal the follicle to grow hair. fat stem cells according to yale researchers can tell follicles to grow hair.
    prp has growth factors. it works. multiple treatment is what required to see real results. many people go to the doctor pay 2500$ and dont see results so they dont get it again. if it was at a reasonable price , one could have multiple treatments.
    Last edited by hgs1989; 05-31-2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    this is yale study:
    http://news.yale.edu/2011/09/01/yale...-its-time-grow

this link provide some clinics within the use that are researching fat stem cells for hair :
    the one called new england clinic in Massachusetts, I contacted them before I asked for the price it was 2500 $. the guy who was on the phone offered me before and after pictures to be viewed through skype but I didn't follow up with him to and did not make the skype call.

the one that was called balanced hair restoration , I had the link to an article posted on a thread called adipose derived stem cell protein extract. They are researching this in the us linke: http://www.balancehairrestoration.co...-regeneration/

the last one in arizona, Ithey are trying to work with fat stem celss and hair transplant.

personal take on this. fat stem cells , growth factors and prp all should work on hair regrowth. the theory behind them is very strong, but multiple treatments are required to see real results. cell signaling is a great option for treating hair loss. it is what basically histogen is doing. dht signals the follicles to shrink. some growth factors are well known to signal the follicle to grow hair. fat stem cells according to yale researchers can tell follicles to grow hair.
    prp has growth factors. it works. multiple treatment is what required to see real results. many people go to the doctor pay 2500$ and dont see results so they dont get it again. if it was at a reasonable price , one could have multiple treatments.
    I forgot to paste the link that talks about the clinics . here it is http://www.stemcellrevolution.com/cu...r-restoration/

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Anyone know when bimatoprost will be out?
    One of the current clinical trials will be wrapping up in very late 2014. However, it should be noted (as I posted in another thread) that Allergan (the company that owns Bimatoprost) is currently fighting off a hostile takeover from a company called Valeant. Valeant's entire business model is based on completely doing away with research and development in the companies they acquire...what they do is take over a company, get rid of all research and development, and focus solely on marketing their currently existing products. We don't know yet if Bimatoprost has the potential to help MPB, but if Valeant is successful in their takeover account it is extremely likely we will never know.

Another weapon taken out of our arsenal.